Cleanliness is one of the highest standards we have for our chalets. We have amplified our cleaning routines to provide environments as sanitary and hygienic as possible.
Local travelers looking for a refuge to balance working from home, access to the outdoors, and are family and pet friendly our chalets provide a welcoming place.
We have opened up our chalets at discounted rates for longer stays between 2-4 weeks for the months of April & May.
Welcome to Chalet Norwegian!
**COVID-19 Information: We know that many of our local guests are looking for an escape from cities to the outdoors. We believe it is important to do our part to protect the health and safety of both our guests and our team. Here are some of the steps that we have implemented:
- Cleanliness is one of the highest standards we have for our chalet and you can see this reflected in our 5-star cleanliness rating as well as various comments left in the reviews. We have now increased our efforts in the disinfecting routines. Post-cleaning we have another team member come back-in and re-disinfect.
- As long as we can continue to find additional supplies available for purchase we have Lysol wipes and spray available to our guests. If we can no longer find them we may not be able to provide them as quantities run low, but we will do our best to purchase them.
- Between every reservation, we will have a resting period of 72 hours in which the chalet will be empty to help eliminate any potential germs between guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions - Kerri & Philippe**
As soon as our guests walk into the chalet they feel their stress melt away from the cozy ambiance that we created using unique pieces from our travels around the world and lots of amenities that make you feel right at home. Because we renovated this chalet when it was our primary home it has an extra touch of love and warmth. The many large and luminous windows on the front of the chalet will make you feel surrounded by nature even when you are inside the chalet.
This chalet can sleep up to 6 people but is ideal for 4-5 people. Such as a couple, a small group of friends, or a small family. If you have any questions about whether this chalet will be suitable for your group, please feel free to ask because we want you to be as comfortable as possible when staying at the chalet.
Location: One of the best parts about the chalet is that it is located in the very charming Cheribourg neighborhood. Built in the 1970s, this ski chalet community is very tranquil and perfect for adopting a slower pace of life while soaking up nature. It is ideal for couples, families, or friends that are looking for a low-key and relaxing place. Because of this, it is not an area for parties or loud behavior. The no party and quiet rules are enforced at all times. We totally understand that life is full of good reasons to celebrate with a party (in fact, we love a fun party, but in the appropriate place). However, our chalets are not the right venue for hosting events. Please see the Chalet Rules below for more information relating to visitors and parties.
Kitchen: Fully equipped with stainless steel appliances including a refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, slow cooker, and fondue pot. Fully equipped for staying in and cooking.
Note: The coffee maker is single-serving Keurig compatible. We do supply coffee with re-usable pods, but feel free to bring along your favorite Keurig compatible pods as well!
Heating: In addition to electric baseboard heat there is also a wood-burning fireplace that is perfect for cozying up during a movie, while reading a book, or playing a game with family and friends. We try to keep firewood available and you're welcome to use any firewood that may be in either in the house or woodshed. If there is not any firewood available, it can be easily purchased at one of the many grocery stores or depanneurs close to the chalet. In addition, the modern, polished concrete floors on the first floor are heated so your feet stay comfy year-round.
Outdoor Patio: One of the best parts of the neighborhood are the many large trees. There is no better way to enjoy it than on the beautiful terrace. Featuring a dining table with seating for 6 and a stainless steel BBQ you can enjoy dining outdoors. Add to that a lounge area with a fire pit, and a hammock for afternoon naps you almost don't want to go inside during the warmer months.
Note: During the winter months (approximately Nov - April) the outdoor furniture & BBQ are not available as it is packed and covered to protect it from winter weather.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Spaces: The chalet can accommodate up to a maximum of 6 guests, although it will be more comfortable with 4-5 people. There are 2 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a queen bed, 1/2 bath, and a private balcony. The smaller second bedroom has a double bed. Both bedrooms are located upstairs and have new, comfortable mattresses. In addition, the downstairs sofa converts into a queen-size bed.
Bathrooms: The chalet has 1.5 bathrooms. The full bathroom is downstairs and includes a bathtub. The master bedroom includes a 1/2 bath with a sink and toilet.
Bedding & Linens: Sheets and other bedding are provided for all the sleeping spaces. Bath towels are also provided for our guests.
Technology: The chalet has a 55" flatscreen HD TV with Netflix and a soundbar system in the main living area. In addition, the chalet is equipped with high-speed wifi.
Pet-Friendly: Since we love 4-legged family members, all of our chalets are pet-friendly. - To help with our cleaning and maintenance costs related to hosting pets, we have to charge an additional $50 pet fee that will be charged through the platform when a reservation that includes a pet is confirmed.
- Please make sure you tell us about your pet in your reservation request.
- Please see the Chalet Rules below for more rules about bringing your pet along.
Other notable amenities
- Washer and dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Yoga mats & accessories
- Basic kitchen spices
- Games to play with family and friends
- Access to outdoor, locked cabin for storing outdoor sporting equipment
Things to know:
- If you have pet allergies please be aware this chalet may not be a good fit for you.
- The stairs are steep, so if you have young children or people in your group with mobility issues, please consider this when choosing the chalet.
- The chalet does not have air conditioning. It is equipped with a dehumidifier & portable fans.
- The chalet does not have cable or satellite TV but does include access to Netflix.
- Parking: The driveway will accommodate 2 - 3 cars. Due to very limited overflow parking, we suggest limiting cars to the number the driveway will accommodate.
- Infants & Children: We are very happy to host families with infants and children in our properties, but please be aware that they are not child proofed (cabinet door latches, electric socket covers, baby gates, etc.) and we do not provide amenities for children (high chair, crib, pack 'n play, etc.).
CITQ (Corporation de l'industrie touristique du Quebec) Certified
GST & QST taxes included
Chalet Rules: By submitting a reservation request you agree to these terms. So please read them before submitting your reservation request to make sure the chalet is a good fit for you.
- The primary renter must be 25 years or older and must be present during the stay.
- Only registered guests and pets that are included on the reservation are permitted to stay at the chalet. Please ensure that the correct number of guests and pets are reflected in your reservation request. Visitors must be approved in advance. For example, hosting a dinner or BBQ in which guests other than those included on the reservation will attend must be approved.
- Absolutely no smoking of any type. The chalet is inspected immediately upon checkout and any trace of smoking is immediately identifiable to the proceeding guests. Any additional cleaning required by the presence of smoking will result in the additional cost being automatically deducted from the deposit.
- The chalet is 100% party fee. We have a zero-tolerance policy that will result in immediate eviction from the property without a refund and the responsible guest that rented the chalet will be 100% responsible for additional cleaning costs and all damage incurred. So if you are looking for a place for a social event and without a noise policy, this is not the right place for you.
- Please remove shoes in the house as outside elements can ruin the floors.
- Outdoor sporting equipment is not allowed in the house as they can ruin the floors. Since we know so many people come to enjoy the outdoor activities, we do provide outside cabins with locks to store your equipment in. Guests are 100% responsible for the security of their items and the owners of the chalet are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Check-out: We have a few check-out requirements that will only take a few minutes of your time and helps us to keep our chalets affordable.
1. Generally, leave the chalet in good condition and return any moved items back to their original location.
2. Empty the waste into the appropriate outside bins
3. Discard any food you are not taking with you.
4. Wash your dirty dishes or place them in the dishwasher and start the dishwasher before leaving.
5. Place all used bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and sheets by the washing machine.
6. Cover outdoor furniture. Clean the BBQ and make sure the propane is closed (if you used it).
Pets: We love pets and understand how difficult it is to find accommodations that permit pets which is why our properties are pet-friendly. However, we do have rules that must be adhered to and if we find the rules are not being followed, we will have to remove the policy allowing pets. So please be respectful of our property and of future guests when bringing your 4-legged family member.
1. Only social and 100% house-trained pets are permitted at the chalet both for security and the protection of our property.
2. Pets are not allowed on any furniture and if we detect pets fur or other signs of pets on any furniture an additional $50 cleaning fee will automatically be charged.
3. Always clean up after your pets. This applies not only to the chalet property but the Cheribourg community. Please respect our future guests and other residents of the community by cleaning up after your pets.
4. When walking your pets off of our property, they must be on a leash at all times.
5. Pet parents are 100% responsible for any damage caused by their pets. The chalets are inspected and cleaned thoroughly between each guest making damage identifiable to the immediately proceeding guest.
6. Please provide us with details about your pets when making your reservations. We reserve the right to decline or cancel any booking if we are not comfortable that the house rules for pets will be observed.
The Cheribourg is a community of 280 ski chalets that has been an iconic part of the Eastern Townships landscape and the village of Orford for nearly 50 years. Designed to be an environmentally friendly architectural plan the tranquil ambiance that comes from being surrounded by nature has been preserved with the community of chalets.
A mix of full-time residences, weekenders, and visitors the Cheribourg has a welcoming and relaxing vibe. Even when we lived here full time, we always had the feeling that we were on vacation!
Возможное количество гостей
Орфорд, Québec, Канада