HILLSIDE HAVEN is a FARM RESORT in Coorg at Karnataka. It is nearly about 3800 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL along the PICTURESQUE MOUNTAIN ranges of western ghats. Uncrowded, unpolluted, FRESH CLEAN AIR, take lazy walks. Jog, Trek, Camp, Laugh, Sing and Dance. Come and enjoy the WILD BEAUTY of Coorg and much more...
THREE REASONS why the place is A MUST VISIT:
01. Hillside haven is nestled in a part of in the MOUNTAIN RANGES CALLED 'KARADI MOOLE', built in an estate that sprawls over 100 ACRES OF LAND. Moreover, this untouched nature is on the FOOT OF THE HIGHEST PEAK in Coorg 'Thadiyante Mol' and barely a step away from 'Nalknad Palace', built in 1794, famous for its painting and carvings.
2. The GURGLING STREAMS on both sides of this land culminates into a ROARING WATERFALL during the rainy season. An ideal place which inspires a painter and a poet. You can approach this revolution of hospitality through winding roads by the side of PADDY FIELDS, COFFEE PLANTATIONS & LUSH GREEN MOUNTAINS DRAPED IN MIST.
3. The rich AROMA of COFFEE & PEPPER, the enticing fragrance of CARDAMOM & WILD HONEY and the fruity flavour of ORANGES beckons you to this dream world, FREE FROM POLLUTION AND HUSTLE BUSTLES of the outer world.
THREE REASON to have a look at prior to booking your stay:
01. This stay is one among many such cottages in the premises. The OVERALL ATMOSPHERE is one of CALM & QUIET; all kinds of PARTIES & LOUD NOISES are strictly PROHIBITED. Having said that, EVENTS CAN BE ORGANISED provided all cottages are booked by the same individual/enterprise/institution.
02. If you are travelling with your pets, then we are extremely apologetic but this home stay does NOT ALLOW PETS.
3. Ours is purely a nature stay; thus we are surrounded by indigenous species of flora and fauna. We request you to carry required BODY CREAMS AND SPRAYS if you feel repelled or ALLERGIC by tiny INSECTS.
HILLSIDE HAVEN is located about 252 kms from Bangalore and 1525 M ABOVE SEA LEVEL lies Madikeri, the district headquarters of Kodagu. Coorg or Kodagu (originally called Kodaimalenadu) means 'DENSE FOREST ON A STEEP HILL'. Dubbed as the SCOTLAND OF INDIA, this town has a lot to offer to the tourist. Misty hills, lush forest, acres and acres of tea and coffee plantation, orange groves, undulating streets and breathtaking views are what make Madikeri an UNFORGETTABLE HOLIDAY DESTINATION.
This homestay is located in the hills of Coorg is a GREEN HEAVEN on earth, with almost ZERO POLLUTION AND CONTAMINATIONS. It is flanked by TREES & COFFEE PLANTATIONS on all sides in the mountain ranges of the Western Ghats. Calm and serene, this is a perfect getaway from crowded cities and towns. One can feel a step closer to Mother Nature in this UNADULTERED environment.
Travelers interested in exploring Coorg can perhaps opt to visit the following places:
01. TIBETAN SETTLEMENTS AROUND BYLAKUUPE
Southwestern Karnataka is also home to the LARGEST TIBETAN SETTLEMENT IN INDIA outside the Himalayan belt. Both recent refugees from Tibet and those born elsewhere, live here in a landscape and climate that is a far cry from Tibet but, as one monk pointed out, with one crucial consolation: they live without fear and practice their faith in freedom.
02. FESTIVALS OF COORG
The cultural life of the people of Coorg centers on the village and the family. Religious festivals, marriages, births and the three major festivals of KAILMUHURTHA or KAILPODH, KAVERI SANKRAMANA and HUTHRI or PUTHRI are the main events of the lives of the people of the town of Coorg. There are just a few festivals that the people of Coorg observe with great dedication.
Trekking in Coorg is an ultimate experience. In Coorg there are many SUMMITS to conquer and many JUNGLES to trek. Trekking trips can be organized with PROFESSIONAL GUIDES. PREPARATION & PRECAUTION is always advised before you plan any trekking trip in Coorg.
04. RAJA'S SEAT
According to legend, the KINGS OF KODAGU spent their evenings here. But what's unforgettable about Raja's seat is the SPECTACULAR SUNSET that one can enjoy from here.
05. ABBI FALLS
Only 7 KMS from MADIKERI town is the Abbi Falls. The narrow and steep road to Abbi squirms though the DENSE FLORA of surrounding coffee plantations. Located on private property, a narrow pathway leads to the waterfall. Splashing hard against the huge boulders of rock, unmindful of the crevices and hollows, the water drops at enormous speed accompanied by gushing sounds. A feast for eyes, this WHITE VEIL OF WATER descends into a flowing stream to unite to the River Cauvery.
06. IRPU FALLS
If you are sportiest, it is a great place to begin. You could start from behind the Rameshwarna temple, and relax at a REFRESHING POND halfway up the falls. Then, if you are some strange sort of ENTHUSIASTIC TREKKER and have some spare RBC (the leeches demand that), carry on to the top.
Talacauvery, the BIRTHPLACE of the sacred RIVER CAUVERY, is located 44 kms from Madikeri, on the slopes of BRAHMAGIRI Hill. Besides being a pilgrimage center. Talacauvery is known for its natural beauty.
Nisargadhama is a breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL ISLAND off the state highway, 2 kms from Kushalanagar town and 28 kms from Madikeri. The 64 ACRE ISLAND, surrounded by walking across a HANGING BRIDGE.
09. DUBARE ELEPHANT RESERVE
At the Dubare a visitor can spend hours simply WATCHING ELEPHANTS and of course, learning more about them. A TRAINED NATURALIST is at hand to explain the various aspects of ELEPHANT HISTORY, ECOLOGY AND BIOLOGY. The visitor can not only observe and learn but also participate in various activities involving Elephants. Dubare is the place for you where you can get a trip for fun as well as real adventure.
10. Nagarhole National Park
Nagarhole National Park derives its name from the combination of two Kannada words. 'Nagar,' meaning snake, and 'hole,' meaning streams. True to its name, quite a few SERPENTINE STREAMS fork through the rich tropical forests of the park. The park has been recently renamed as RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL PARK after the late Prime Minister of India.
11. MADIKERI FORT
It was built in the 17th century and was eventually rebuilt in granite by TIPU SULTAN who named the site as JAFFARABAD. The fort makes an interesting study on the overlapping dynasties that settled in Coorg.
Возможное количество гостей
Kodagu District, Карнатака, Индия