Stamborough Cottage is set in a stunning location within Exmoor National Park. The property is on the outskirts of the thriving village of Roadwater, with a village shop, pub and many countryside and woodland walks. Our beautiful en-suite studio offers spectacular views and has recently been refurbished. It has its own private entrance, ensuring total privacy and includes a kitchenette containing a microwave, fridge, toaster and kettle. The studio is perfectly situated for exploring Exmoor.
Stamborough Cottage is set in a stunning location within Exmoor National Park and is perfect for those seeking quiet and tranquillity. Our beautiful studio room is self-contained with a private entrance to ensure you have privacy and seclusion during your stay. Several local country pubs, spectacular walks, beaches, local amenities and the renowned West Somerset Railway are all within a short drive away.
Our romantic hideaway has wonderful, uninterrupted views out across the surrounding hills and on a clear day you can see across to Wales. Exmoor is a Dark Sky Reserve and come nightfall we are blessed with incredible star gazing.
The ensuite studio room has recently been finished to a very high standard. The room has its own private entrance and the adjoining door to the main house is locked to ensure you have total privacy during your stay.
The bedroom sleeps 2 and offers a twin or king size bed according to your preference. The room has a kitchenette that includes a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle. It is also fully equipped with plates, bowls, cups, glasses and various utensils. We offer a washing up service to ensure that the only thing you have to do on your holiday is take time out and have fun!
In your room on arrival you will find a welcome tray, which includes 2 x croissants, a pint of milk, butter and jam. We also supply tea, coffee and sugar.
The room also has a dining table with 2 chairs, an armchair and a television. The bathroom has a luxury shower, washbasin and toilet. We provide all bedding and towels.
If you are coming for a longer stay we can offer a clothes washing service at £4 a wash. We currently do not have a clothes dryer. Also if you would like to borrow an ironing board and iron please just ask.
Outside, there is a garden front and back offering guests stunning views of the surrounding countryside and is perfect for morning coffee, an afternoon drink or some evening star gazing.
From the carpark the studio is accessed through the side gate of the house. There are 3 small sets of steps that lead into the garden and then the Hideaway Studio is accessed via a stone ramp – historically it is thought that this room was a hay barn, before it was extended to become part of the original cottage that dates back to the 18th Century.
Stamborough Cottage is located on the outskirts of the thriving village of Roadwater. We are ideally located for exploring the majestic wilderness of Exmoor and the tourist spots around Minehead, Watchet, Porlock, Lynton and Lynmouth. We are within walking distance of the village pub - The Valiant Soldier - and the community shop. There are also several fabulous pubs to choose from within the area - one particular favourite is the Royal Oak at Luxborough.
The cottage is just up from the famous Mineral Line and we have many wonderful walks and mountain bike trails from our doorstep – Roadwater is a great place to join the Coleridge Way. We are within easy reach of many Exmoor attractions including Tarr Steps, Dunkery Beacon, Wimbleball Lake, Cleeve Abbey, the market town of Dulverton, historic Dunster and the Doone Valley. We are also only 10 minutes drive away from the renowned West Somerset Railway, our nearest stop to board the steam train is Washford.
We also offer many experiences that you can also book via Air BnB. If you fancy a bit of pampering during your stay your host is a highly experienced massage therapist and yoga, mindfulness and qi gong instructor. We also offer guided walks, Nordic Walking instruction and foraging experiences.
Walking & Cycling on Exmoor
Exmoor offers spectacular walks for both the experienced walker and those who prefer a gentle stroll and has over 1000km of footpaths and bridleways. There are also a huge variety of cycle routes within the park for all abilities. The National Park has wonderfully diverse terrains to offer, from rolling countryside hills, to dramatic heather-covered moorland, magical woodland paths and stunning riverside walks.
Passing through Exmoor are several of the UK’s long distance routes including The Coleridge Way, The South West Coast Path, The Two Moors Way and The Exe Valley Way.
• The Coleridge Way – a 51 mile route through the Quantock Hills, the Brendon Hills and Exmoor.
• The South West Coastal Path – 630 miles of spectacular coastline stretching from Minehead in Somerset to the shores of Poole Harbour in Dorset.
• The Two Moors Way – this 102 mile route runs from Ivybridge on the southern edge of Dartmoor National Park and Lynmouth on the North Coast of Exmoor.
• The Exe Valley Way – a 50 mile route along the stunning river valley stretching from the South West Coast Path National Trail on the Exe Estuary to the village of Exford in Exmoor National Park.
• The Tarka Trial – a 18- mile route that is most famous for the stunning cycleway section that runs between Braunton and Meeth in North Devon.
• The Quantocks – in 1956 this area was awarded the national status of Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Quantock Common is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest. The hills are situated outside Exmoor but are well worth a visit both for cyclists and walkers.
Activities Offered on Exmoor
• Walking & Cycling – a huge diversity of trails for novices and experienced. Your hosts Manjula and Reuben are qualified Nordic Walking instructors and offer tuition and guided walks – see our experiences.
• Horse Riding – there are many horse riding centres based on Exmoor.
• Canoeing, Kayaking, windsurfing, Paddleboarding – all available at Wimbleball lake.
• Safari’s – take a tour in a Landrover Defender over Exmoor exploring hidden corners, wonderful wildlife and scenic views and learn more about the history and folklore
• Yoga, Qi Gong, Mindfulness Meditation – your host Manjula is an experienced teacher and offers private classes from Stamborough Cottage – the perfect way to stretch out aching muscles after a days activities! Please see our experiences.
• Pampering – after all the activities, if you fancy a bit of pampering then you don’t have to leave the comfort of Stamborough Cottage. Manjula is a highly experienced Sports, Therapeutic & Aromatherapy Massage therapist. She also offers Reiki and Intuitive Healing sessions.
ANNUAL EVENTS NOT TO BE MISSED ON EXMOOR
• February – Snowdrop Valley at Wheddon Cross
• May – Dunster Music Festival
• Exmoor Coast and Moor Festival – Guided walks, wild flower trails, duck races, art exhibitions, open gardens and falconry. Try kayaking or rock climbing, take an evening walk to spy some nocturnal wildlife or enjoy a seashore safari or boat trip.
• Simonsbath Festival – a celebration of all things Exmoor.
• August - Dunster Show
• October – Two Moors Festival – nationally renowned music festival.
• Dark Skies Festival – Exmoor is one of only a handful of internationally accredited Dark Sky Reserves, making it one of the best places in the world for stargazing.
Возможное количество гостей
Roadwater, England, Великобритания