This 2 BHK ground-floor apartment is situated on the banks of the Ossudu Lake, a notified bird sanctuary. The house is set amidst coconut groves and green fields of a large privately-owned farm, Tranquille, around 12 km from Pondicherry town. The apartment has 2 bedrooms with A/C units & an equipped kitchenette and a sitting area. Bedroom 1 has 2 single beds with an attached bathroom with hot water facility; Bedroom 2 has a single bed and an attached toilet. We can provide an extra mattress.
A long private driveway leads you to this 2 BHK ground-floor, #1200 sq. ft. apartment set in the lush grounds of a 10-acre farm. Tranquille is surrounded on three sides by the 7 sq. km (#2000 acre) Ossudu Lake, a protected bird sanctuary, and is formed as a private peninsula. The apartment has a long verandah in front with a stunning view of the lake, which keeps the farm naturally cool throughout the year.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms with A/C units: the bigger bedroom (the beds can sleep 2 people) with an attached bathroom with hot water facility, a smaller bedroom with a single bed and an attached toilet, a well-equipped kitchenette and a sitting area. It is elegantly fitted out in traditional antique furniture. We can provide an additional floor mattress for an extra person.
The farm is a family owned property growing field crops and coconut trees. There is a full-time farm manager and daily cleaning is included. The sheets will be changed once in 3 days.
A little away from the dust and din of the town, privacy and solitude in nature characterise this exclusive getaway. However, mobility is not an issue, for you can hire cycles, two-wheelers or taxis and we can help you do it. A peaceful haven to energise you while you tour all the local attractions!
Wake up to the merry chirping of the birds or have a lazy lie-in; watch the sun rise or set over the beautiful lake; cycle around the place, discovering shady nooks and ideal picnic spots or become an avid bird-watcher; spend a lazy day reading a fascinating novel sitting in the verandah; play with Frisbees with friends or family or a rigorous game of cricket; plant crops or plough the land; enjoy cooking a delicious meal surrounded by nature, or have a special dinner by the campfire, strumming your guitar; or simply do nothing… lie back, star-gaze and dream…
You are free to spend your days as you like! This could be your unique holiday on an idyllic farm!
Guests will have full access to all parts of an active farm as well as the lake shore (except for the owners' private cottage). We are pet friendly, but please do contact us before booking.
Общение с гостями
We may be present some times in a separate house on the farm premises, however your privacy is ensured. Before your arrival, all interactions can be done via emails or over the phone.
If we aren’t present, our farm manager will ensure a smooth check-in / check-out (please present a photo id upon request). The manager will also be present during the day for any help required.
If we are in town, we would love to interact with you and show you around our home. We can be reached by phone. But please respect our privacy from 8:00 pm – 8:00 am (of course, excluding emergencies!!! :) ).
Другие важные подробности
For your stay, we are offering:
1. Well-equipped kitchen – if you wish - you are free to cook your meal. Alternatively, if you would like to have breakfast, please inform the farm manager the previous night. Breakfast is chargeable/breakfast items are chargeable.
2. Wifi in the whole apartment
3. Bath soap and shampoo
4. A set of towels
5. Mats to star-gaze under the clear skies
6. Parking within the premises
7. A maid will sweep and mop the floors daily
8. We love guests with pets - however there is a one-time charge of Rs 500/- for cleaning up after guests with pets
Please note: The windows have metal mesh to keep out the mosquitoes.
We also offer several recreational activities (subject to availability) such as:
•Frisbees: 2 nos.
•Binoculars: 1 no.
•Balls (small): 2 nos.
Additionally we can offer these services:
1. Snacks can be ordered from town restaurants or the closest restaurants at extra costs and with a minimum of 3 hours prior notice. For Dinner, the guests have to make their own arrangements.
2. We can make a bonfire for you with sufficient prior notice and weather permitting (by 3 pm for the same night). Roast your own potatoes and sing your favourite songs… Perhaps we might even join you! A warm fire, a starlit sky, a mouth-watering meal and your cherished companion – Make this an unforgettable trip!
3. Taxis for day trips or to go to Chennai can be arranged. Please check the ‘Getting Around’ section.
We understand it is a holiday. However, please follow these simple rules:
1.Smoking and illegal drugs are strictly not permitted on the entire premises (risk of a fire is too high).
2.Loud and offensive behaviour due to alcohol or otherwise will not be tolerated.
3.We are extremely nature-friendly and so, we do not encourage littering or loud music.
4.Please put the garbage in the big black plastic bags provided.
5.Kindly switch off the electricity when not in use.
6.We love guests with pets - however there is a one-time charge of Rs 500/- for cleaning up after guests with pets
7.Treat the place like your own home. Have fun!
P.S. In an unlikely event of any dispute, we will sort it out on friendly terms and as per Airbnb rules.