A quirky and comfortable 1905 home with a mix of a eco, mid-century, and modern styles. Well-stocked kitchen, walking distance to many great restaurants, bars, markets, and shops. Organic bath products, coffee, sugar, cream, and linens provided. Ping pong!
This is a legal airbnb and my permit number can be found in the "Other Things To Note" section. ***Before booking, please read the "House Rules" which contain more information about the house, and if you do end up booking, please read the "House Manual" before arriving for more of the same--like how to access the house and what the internet code is. When you receive your post-booking confirmation email from airbnb, the "House Manual" will be included. This is a two-bedroom, two bath home and to accommodate 4 people, beds are shared. One bed is a double and the other one is a queen. Check-in is at 3pm and check-out is at 11am. Many thanks!
Enjoy all that inner-SE Portland has to offer in a beautiful and creative home that lives like an episode of Portlandia—complete with organic coffee and bath products, raised beds, kids bikes, and ping pong.
Located in the Clinton neighborhood, visitors can walk to the People’s Coop, a year-round Farmers Market, New Seasons grocery store, the Löyly Sauna and a plethora of restaurants, cafes and bakeries—many showcasing local and organic fare—with vegan to omnivore offerings. Yoga studios, food carts, shopping and more are also in the vicinity, as are bike routes and bus stops, and a light rail line.
Street parking available. Please see the "Guidebook" for great restaurant, grocery store and other suggestions in the neighborhood. Portland/Oregon travel information and maps are also available at the house.
The home was built in 1905 and is a charming space that has been tastefully and artistically updated while retaining original touches like wood mouldings, hard wood floors and leaded windows. It is designed with an eclectic mix of mid-century, modern and eco styles. The home has recently undergone energy efficiency upgrades through Clean Oregon Energy Works and has a new furnace, AC, on-demand hot water, and is insulated and sealed creating a comfortable climate year-round.
The kitchen features a five-burner gas range, dishwasher, butcher-block islands and custom farmhouse sink and is well-stocked for cooking. The upstairs/main floor includes the master bedroom with a queen bed and small dressing room, and the second bedroom with a double bed off the dining room, and a bathroom that includes a claw-foot tub and shower and view of the back garden.
The downstairs contains a bathroom with a shower, and the entire space has a gorgeous "Claylin" floor that was installed using eco-friendly natural building techniques. PLEASE NOTE, the downstairs ceilings are relatively low. If you are over 6 feet tall, you might not find it ideal. That said, I had a guest who was 6'3"last summer who was fine with it. (Upstairs ceilings are 10ft high throughout.)
The house also contains a washer and dryer, wireless Internet and local phone usage. The carriage house features convenient covered & secure bike storage, gas and charcoal grills and ping pong.
The home is cared for by Amy, the owner, and her wonderful House Manager, Dorothy, who really makes things shine.
Общение с гостями
There is a lockbox that enables guests to access the house whenever they arrive but if you would like me to be at the house and show you around when you arrive, please let me know and, if possible, I will do so.
Другие важные подробности
This is a legal airbnb and my permit number is 16-201476-000-00-HO.
I love having airbnb guests, and as you can see by the reviews, many people have enjoyed staying in my home. That said, this house may not be for everyone. It is an old, creaky building that isn't totally soundproof and as it is old, it also has charms, quirks and the patina of a century that you wouldn't find in a more modern dwelling--if you are expecting carpet and/or modern flooring and/or granite counter tops, this likely isn't the place for you.
Also, if you are expecting a modern neighborhood filled with condos or homes with manicured lawns, this likely isn’t the locale for you. Despite having fantastic amenities close by, and being in a neighborhood that is highly desirable in Portland's real estate market, the neighborhood has a working-class feel on some levels, and this might not be suitable for all guests. It is a safe, walk-able, and quirky 'hood but isn't as posh as downtown's Pearl neighborhood or as stately as some of Portland's oldest enclaves.
Also, there trains nearby--while most people haven't had problems with this, if you are very noise sensitive, you might. Further, due to the recent upgrades to the train line as part of the MAX light rail Orange Line expansion, the trains now never honk their horns. I do provide ear plugs though.
I live very close to the Seven Corners New Seasons Grocery Store, 1954 SE Division St. Portland, OR 97202. You can use this address to get an estimate of where I am and can then use the Trimet website to access the public transportation options that will be available to you.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and if you do book, please read the House Manual, which you will have access to after booking, before arrival and make sure that all members in your party are aware of the house protocols.
Номер лицензии или регистрационный номер
Подробнее об этом номере
1. Read the House Manual, which is sent directly from airbnb along with your confirmation email, prior to arrival.
2. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is at 11am. Please let me know if you need an early arrival or late check-out and I will accommodate these requests if possible. Please note, in the busy seasons, this often isn't possible.
3. No pets or smoking in the house. Please dispose of cigarette butts in the trashcan.
4. Please respect my neighbors--quiet hours are 10pm to 8am.
5. While I appreciate the sentiment of leaving perishable food in the fridge so that it doesn't go to waste, it is best if you please remove and/or dispose of any food that you have brought into the house.
6. If comfortable for you, I try and keep the house shoe-free to preserve the floors and to help keep them clean.
7. Please wash your dishes and/or put them in the dishwasher and run it upon departure. Powdered detergent is under the sink.
8. Please empty recycling and trash both upstairs and down and put it in the blue (recycling) and brown (trash) cans either at the front curb or under the side kitchen porch. However, please do not put glass into the big blue otherwise mixed recycling container. Glass goes in the small yellow box that will either be at the curb or under the side kitchen porch. Also, please only use the trash and recycle bins that are closest to the house or under the kitchen porch stairs--NOT my neighbor's bins on the other side of the driveway.
9. If you move furniture or other items around the house, please do your best to put things back where you found them.
10. Please use the AC in a way that conserves energy--make sure windows and doors are closed when it is running, and keep the front porch blinds down to keep out the eastern sunlight. Please turn the AC off when you depart.
11. At check-out, please put used towels in the washing machine, but you do not need to start it. Please leave the sheets on the beds.
12. Please close all windows upon checking-out.
Many thanks and happy travels!