Perfect for Ski-to-Sea, trail runners, and more! A 5-minute walk to Fairhaven's Village Green, a hop skip & jump to Stone's Throw Brewery & the Interurban trail. Sunrise Room (can be rented w/ Sunset Room) is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, WWU parents, writers, & tourists. Queen bed, sunlight, loveliness. Private bathroom downstairs, campfires under the apple tree, great neighborhood. Local bus line. Alaska Ferry. Amtrak. And, of course, whimsey!
Both the Sunrise Room and the Sunset Room are located on the second floor up a flight of 17 newly carpeted steps (wool: no off-gassing). Both rooms have lovely light, and flower boxes in the windows during summer. Fir trim and fir floors, rugs, rocking chairs, and wonderful beds with new comforters and pillows await you. Sweet and quiet neighborhood... but you will hear the train and Alaska Ferry occasionally.
Sunrise and Sunset rooms are adjacent to one another at the top of the stairs. The Sunset room has direct access to the large second story bathroom. There is a full bath on the first floor designated for the Sunrise Room guests, whom I encourage to write their favorite quotes on the walls as many guests have done). The entire living room, dining room, and sun porch (with the exception of my writing nook) are spaces I share with guests, although the kitchen usage is limited to simple breakfasts: tea and coffee (french press) and whatever goodies I have provided (muffins, bagels, fruit, etc.) Full cooked breakfast yumminess (eggs and the like) can be found in so many of Fairhaven's cafes and restaurants that I encourage my guests to stroll a block to take in the heart of Fairhaven's historic district, and dine there if they're desirous of a full brekky. As far as this "Be and Be" goes —guests are encouraged to lounge in the sun under the apple tree, or gather round a campfire in the back yard.
Общение с гостями
I'm here to make my guests' stay as enjoyable as I can. I'm an extrovert, and I love having fun with people. If you are a runner, I can take you with me on a run or two, or point you in the direction of many great local trails and hikes. I'm also committed to a writing schedule, so if you're in need of quiet space we can find our balance with either grand adventures, or quiet and contemplative practices.
Другие важные подробности
Breakfast: I like to bake organic gluten-free muffins (according to some guests, they're becoming kinda famous) in the morning so you can enjoy them with your coffee or tea. I also offer bagels, yogurt, fruit, and on special days Dutch baby pancakes : ) Sometimes people say the sound of the train passing through is noticeable (I offer earplugs), but truly this is one of the sweetest neighborhoods in the area!
Please do not bring any visitors or extra guests that were not mentioned at the time of booking.
- Please drive slowly in my neighborhood. My neighbors and I advocated long and hard for our neighborhood to be a slow, quiet street — I truly appreciate that you will honor this request. Little kids, deer, and cats are constantly in our street playing. Yeh, it's that cool of a neighborhood!
- Fresh air is the hippest thing ever! Thanks for not smoking cigarettes in or around my home or yard.
- Guests who know their limits, and drink responsibly, rock my world.
- There's a little shoe rack on the first floor for your shoes before going upstairs.
- What smells "yummy" to some guests, may not smell as yummy to other guests. Thanks for keeping and eating meals in the dining room (or outside at the picnic table) rather than taking food and beverages upstairs to the bedrooms.
- Please refrain from using candles in the bedrooms. When I am present, candles in the downstairs areas and outside are fine … but, again, only when I'm around.
- Potlucks and BBQs are fun - I love making gourmet salads - the grill is on for the summer!
- Because I have a gas range, and not everyone knows how to cook with gas, I ask that you not use my stove or oven.
- There's a little fridge for you if you need it.
- No jumping on the bed — even if you're 90 : )
У этого хозяина 13 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы