The unit is around 140 square metres (1500 sq. feet), with two bedrooms, but we have our bedroom locked, so, effectively the flat will sleep two in the other bedroom. It's in an old heritage building that was constructed in 1936, and fortunately survived the ravages of WW2, when the Americans bombed Manila heavily in an effort to wipe out the Japanese army, the generals of which were actually holed up in this very building. Hence, the feel as you enter is as if you walked into a time warp back to the 1940s. The apartment itself is simply decorated, light and airy, with 10 foot ceilings (as was typical of the era). There is an outdoor balcony by the fire escape that smokers can use.
Please check the following article about our unit. Spot.ph (Urban lifestyle guide) choose our apartment as one of the 5 beautiful airbnbs in Manila.
The security guard in the front of the building will let you in.
Общение с гостями
We are away most of the time, but our house helper Sharon is around to look after you and take care of your requests, laundry, breakfast, etc. Her English is not perfect but there should be no communication problems. And if for whatever reason Sharon cannot handle it, we are a quick email away.
Другие важные подробности
The neighbours are a friendly bunch of literate, somewhat eccentric characters from all walks of life: artists, designers, entrepreneurs, movie people, restaurateurs and so on. It's a mixed group of Europeans, North Americans and locals. The community is close and everyone knows each other, often having dinner at each other's units. They are helpful if you need tips or suggestions on Manila.
1. Strictly no smoking inside the apartment. Smoking on the outside balcony is okay.
2. No overnight guests other than those already booked through Airbnb. I will only able to provide towels and essentials based on the number of people you booked.
3. Please keep a low profile while inside the building. Keep noise to a minimum after 9pm as a courtesy to my neighbours.
4. Please clean up after yourselves.
5. Please take off your shoes inside the apartment.
6. I do not have cable TV as we hardly ever watch television, but high speed internet is included, along with movies in DVD format.
7. Please no parties or gatherings inside the apartment.
8. Leave the apartment in the same state you found it in.
9. The Philippines has among the highest electricity rates in Asia, so please help us to conserve.
10. Please do not feed the cats, they have special diet.
11. Rates may change without notice.
- We can accommodate early check in and after hours check out. Tenant must let us know in advance.
IMPORTANT: This is not a hotel, please do not take anything away home from our unit.
I'm originally from Bogota, Colombia but I reside in the Philippines and in British Columbia, Canada. I'm self employed, being the owner of a Colombian jewellery shop, Calima Jewellery.
I enjoy traveling with my husband to various areas around the world. My real passion is to be in contact with nature, specifically mountain areas and forests (hence the interest in Canada).
I practice meditation, Kundalini yoga, am a certified reiki healer and I also practice karma quotient healing. I am nearly vegetarian, and very rarely eat fish or meat.