Stunning Architect-Owned Estate -- Two Homes with Pool. Please note: the cleaning fee is reduced to $150 with a seven-night stay.
Located north of Route 6A in West Barnstable, this architect-owned estate offers impressive architectural design, tremendous views of Sandy Neck, an in-ground pool and sleeping for a maximum of 16 in two houses and 7 bedrooms. Both homes on the property have been expertly renovated to a high level of finish. The main house (4 bedrooms and 4 baths) has hardwood floors throughout, granite counter tops, newer appliances, plenty of living space, central A/C, and four full baths. There are 3 bedrooms in the main house (a King, a Queen and 2 twins) plus a fourth bedroom in the lower level apartment. Relax in the loft which is located up the stairs from the living area, and equipped with a 50” flat screen TV. Wireless internet is also provided. The swimming pool is located right next to the main house and looks out over a huge yard and Sandy Neck in the distance.
The main houses' lower level apartment has a bedroom (2 twins), a second full kitchen and full bathroom plus a living area with TV. This section of the house is only accessible from an exterior entrance, not from the rest of the house.
The smaller house (3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths) is located about 250 feet across the lawn and features a 3rd full kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 1 and a half baths. You also have the best views of the tidal marsh and distant Cape Cod Bay from the covered deck.
An ideal estate for large and multi-generational groups to spend time together and have enough space to spread out to enjoy this idyllic Cape setting.
The property is located a short drive from Sandy Neck Beach (about 10 minutes), as well as many south side beaches like Craigville Beach in Centerville or Kalmus Beach in Hyannis. The Cape’s biggest commercial area is 5-10 minutes by car and has major shopping and lots of restaurant options.
Pretty Picky Rental Policies
How to Book
Once you're convinced one of our Pretty Picky Properties is right for your vacation, we'll send you our simple Short-Term Vacation Rental Agreement. To lock in the week or weeks you have in mind, just book here on Airbnb. We'll return your security deposit in full assuming there is no damage, loss or extra cleaning assessed. There is a $25 charge for each lost or missing key.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION (ADP)
In addition to the valid credit card information, TENANT will secure the property rental with a nonrefundable payment of $50 - $79 for an Accidental Rental Damage Protection Program that reimburses the LANDLORD for accidental damages to the rental property interior that occur during the rental term, provided they are disclosed to Pretty Picky Properties prior to check-out. The Program will pay a Maximum Reimbursement of $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Any damages that exceed the Program Maximum Reimbursement will be charged to the TENANT’S account on file.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The parties hereto, in consideration of these presents, agree that this is a Massachusetts contract and a lease for a vacation or recreational use as expressed in Massachusetts General Laws C, 186 15(B) 9, as amended. The parties further agree that:
1. No more than the listed number of persons, including infants, children and overnight visitors listed on the lease shall occupy said premises and shall not permit more than the listed number of vehicles on the lease to be parked in the spaces assigned to the premises at any time.
2. No smoking, nor animals, birds or pets of any description shall be allowed on the leased premises (unless otherwise noted on the lease).
3. The TENANT is responsible for and agrees to notify LANDLORD’S AGENT before departure of all damage, loss and/or added expense to the premises during the lease term, including pay-per-view TV and phone charges, except normal wear and unavoidable casualty which may result from occupancy.
4. The TENANT will leave the premises in the same general, good and habitable condition as found on entry, including cleanliness, as described in the attached “Check Out Check List.”
5. The TENANT shall allow the LANDLORD or LANDLORD’S AGENT to enter the premises upon reasonable request and notice, both inside and outside, to inspect the premises, to make repairs thereto and/or to protect the premises.
6. The premises shall not be used for functions such as weddings, wedding receptions, family reunions or any other gathering involving more than the number of occupants specified in this lease agreement unless permission is obtained by the TENANT from the LANDLORD prior to occupancy.
7. Use of illegal materials such as fireworks at the property is prohibited.
8. The TENANT will pay $50 for each hour or its portion that the premises are occupied after the agreed check-out time, $25 per lost key.
9. The LANDLORD will make every effort to ensure that equipment and appliances are in good working order and to have any repairs made in a timely manner, but does not guarantee against appliance and equipment failure including but not limited to air conditioners, Internet, cable TV, dishwasher, washer, dryer or gas grill.
10. The LANDLORD is not responsible for lost or stolen items. The TENANT agrees to pay return shipping and handling charges for any item left behind and requested for return after the end of the tenancy.
11. The TENANT holds the LANDLORD and the LANDLORD’S AGENT harmless and indemnified from any insubstantial or non-material deviation between premises information provided at the time of booking and accommodations existing at the time of occupancy, including fixtures, furnishings, equipment, appliances or other personal property, whether due to typographical errors, misinformation or changes made to the premises by the LANDLORD.
12. The TENANT will hold the LANDLORD and/or his AGENT harmless and indemnified from and against all loss or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of or fixture on the premises and from or against any omission, neglect or default of the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees.
13. The TENANT will hold the LANDLORD and/or his AGENT harmless and indemnified from and against any claims or damages for bodily injury suffered by the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees caused by the use, misuse or abuse of any part of or fixture on the premises and from or against any omission, neglect or default of the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees.
14. If the TENANT defaults and/or otherwise fails to comply with any item in this lease, the TENANT agrees to forfeit the entire security deposit and vacate said premises upon receipt of 12 hours’ proper notice from the LANDLORD and to be liable for all damages, including legal fees, should action be brought to regain possession or repair loss.
Property Information and Rental Rates
Each Pretty Picky Property is a private home owned by an individual or family. Each property is therefore uniquely furnished, decorated and equipped by its owner. As the rental broker, we keep and update a Property Profile, completed and signed by the owner, which is our only source of information regarding specific accommodations and amenities at each property. While this approach is usually quite reliable, we cannot guarantee that upon your arrival, you will find the property exactly as represented in the photos and descriptions provided at the time of booking. We must be held harmless for any misinformation, typographical errors or changes made by the owner of which we have no knowledge. All rates are reviewed and confirmed by the owner and may change from the original quoted rate.
Your rental property will have been cleaned before you arrive. You are responsible for cleaning during your stay and upon departure, to leave the home in generally the same condition as you found it. We provide a Pretty Picky “Check-Out Check List" to help guide you in your departure preparations and to ensure that your security deposit is protected from assessments for extra cleaning needed after you leave. The Check List is available at the property and usually emailed to you before you arrive.
Your Rental Agreement stipulates the maximum number of overnight guests, including all children, infants and overnight visitors, even if they stay only one night. The Agreement also states the maximum number of passenger vehicles that can be parked at the property. There can be no exceptions to these requirements. Failure to comply can result in default of the rental agreement and vacating of the premises. These requirements are strictly enforced in an effort to minimize impact on the property, including the septic system, which is designed for no more than the occupancy stipulated in the Rental Agreement. Your compliance is expected also out of respect for neighboring owners and rental guests who have the right to enjoy their properties and vacations without too many people and too much commotion next door.