Arwen Cottage is a beautiful Suffolk fisherman's period cottage, believed to date back to around the 1800's. It's a delightful two-storey holiday cottage in the heart of Aldeburgh, 25 yards from the beach. This traditional seaside fisherman cottage sleeps 4 people and offers the perfect cosy retreat for families and couples seeking a relaxing holiday or a romantic break. Arwen cottage is just a stone's throw from the beach and perfect as a base for touring the picturesque suffolk coastal area.
A gorgeous haven for couples and families, it is a wonderful holiday base throughout the year, with coast, countryside, culture & food on the doorstep. Days at the beach, sailing, horseriding, fishing, birdwatching, relaxing galore!
This lovely Victorian fisherman's cottage is in the heart of Aldeburgh on a quiet street, 25 yards from the beach and 25 yards from Aldeburgh high street. Arwen cottage is a lovely cosy cottage, full of character and exceptionally comfortable, clean and well-equipped, including the use of unlimited Wi-Fi and super fast broadband.
Arwen cottage is close to an excellent selection of shops, restaurants, characterful pubs, excellent art galleries, a cinema and a theatre. The cottage is also a few paces from the most famous fish and chip shop in the country.
There are excellent restaurants just a couple of minutes walk away - The Lighthouse, Regatta and Brudenell are all excellent as well as several others. As you step out of the cottage door the promenade and beach are a few paces in one direction, and the high street just yards away the other way. Despite the perfect location, the cottage is delightfully peaceful.
There is also public parking just outside the cottage.
The cottage has been re-furbished in a light but luxurious style and has been brought into the 21st century, with contemporary kitchen and bathroom and very comfy furnishings. On the ground floor it has a lovely cosy living room and dining space with a well-equipped kitchen and bathroom. There is a private sunny courtyard with outside furniture too.
On the first floor it has a master bedroom which is spacious and peaceful with Victorian sash windows and a solid wood frame king size bed. There is also a guest bedroom, which is furnished with a bunk-bed made of metal frame and superior quality mattresses, covered with natural linen.
Arwen cottage is a lovely fisherman's cottage, full of character and exceptionally comfortable. We provide complimentary toiletries and essential pantry items such as coffee, tea, sugar, biscuits, salt and pepper. We also provide household essentials such as washing up liquid, cling film wrap, foil paper and cleaning products.
Property type: House
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 10:00 AM
Early check in or late check out available by request (additional fee applicable).
Public parking for one or two vehicles are available outside Arwen cottage in King street. During the holidays parking can be limited. In that case there is a play and display car park 2 minutes walk from the cottage or you can park on the high street for free between 6pm and 9am.
Общение с гостями
We live not far from Arwen cottage so generally will be available to welcome guests. On occasions when we are away, arrangements will be made to let you have a key. We will be available by phone or by email during your stay for any questions.
We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible so please let us know at the time of booking if you have any specific requests as well as through your stay. A welcome pack, including of fresh milk, laid eggs and freshly baked bread is provided for stays longer than three nights. If we are away it's often not possible to provide the welcome pack.
We can stock the fridge with breakfast essentials for late arrivals or arrange flowers, chocolates and champagne for romantic, valentine or anniversary breaks (additional fee applicable). Early check in or late check out available by request (additional fee applicable).
Другие важные подробности
This beautiful period fisherman's cottage is compact in its size but full of charm and character. Please note that as with many cottages built in this era, the steps to the 1st floor are quite steep, care needs to be taken. Please check the photographs before booking.
Welcome to Arwen Cottage!
Arwen Cottage is our much loved family cottage which we're delighted to share with like-minded guests. We expect our guests to treat it as their own home; with care and love and most of all enjoyment!
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed at this time.
The cottage is a no smoking area.
Unfortunately the cottage it's not suitable for children under 4 years old. This is due to the cottage's original Victorian steep stairs. But we are happy to make an exception providing the parents assume full responsibility and bring their own baby equipment.
There is an additional guest fee for infants.
There are no disabled facilities.
The cottage accommodates four guests maximum (including infants).
Check-in and Check-out times are strict. Early check in or late check out available by request (additional fee applicable).
It is a residential area so consideration for those around the cottage would be appreciated.
Welcome to Arwen Cottage in beautiful Suffolk. We hope you enjoy your stay in Arwen cottage in Aldeburgh. This is our much beloved family cottage, which we have furnished affectionately and with much effort.
Please take a look at the following house rules:
• Please vacate your cottage by 10.00am on the day of your departure, this allows us to prepare and maintain the cottage for our next guests.
• On vacating the property please place all rubbish and recyclable materials into the bins provided adjacent to the cottage.
•Please keep the contents that belong to the cottage inside the cottage. In case of breakage, please inform us.
• Please return the keys for Arwen cottage. The key must be left in the key locker outside the cottage door. The combination will be send to you by email. Please scramble the numbers after placing the key in the lock.
• In the event of a power failure please do not use candles, there is a torch in Arwen cottage. The use of candles or other naked flames (including incense sticks) are not permitted for safety reasons.
• The fireplace is sealed. We have placed candles in the cottage for decorative purposes only. Please do not light candles, incense, naked flames or any other materials in the fireplace.
• We have high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping and are proud that we consistently score top marks in our grading inspection. We ask that you leave Arwen cottage clean and tidy when you leave.
• Please take your shoes off in the cottage. There is a mat for the shoes at the door entrance.
• Please switch OFF the outside door lights after use outside the front door and outside in the courtyard.
• Please switch OFF the heating by switching the button to OFF on the thermostat after use. The thermostat is in the dining area.