Casa De Norte is a fully fenced property nestled into the hillside secluding it from the rest of the world while still being close to local hotspots like Legoland and the Beach. It's sure to help you create lasting memories with things like the spectacular sunset views, the outdoor living built for entertaining complete with private salt water pool/spa, fire pit, and state of the art BBQ.
Casa De Norte is fully remodelled and outfitted with new Anderson doors in each room of the house. During the daytime you can open them up enjoy the true feeling of indoor-outdoor living! ~~ The pergola attached to the master bedroom/sunroom/bunkbed room makes it easy to watch the kids play while staying shaded and enjoying a cocktail and good book. ~~ If you'd like to sneak away the hammock and rocking chairs off the Queen bedroom provide the perfect oasis. ~~ When evening comes around you won't want to miss the stunning mountain sunset while taking an evening soak in the salt water jacuzzi, or sitting around the clean burning fire pit. ~~ Afterwards its easy to choose what you want to watch from the included DVD collection or stream your choice with Netflix and Amazon Prime Streaming (no cable channels available). ~~ If family fun time is more your style why not enjoy a board game from the selection provided or a game of pool on the full size billiard table!
**Things Included:** POOL ITEMS: You will find full size floats for the adults near the pool and kiddy arm floats inside the outdoor coffee table along with some beach and pool toys! ~~ BEACH: There are some beach chairs found outside that are yours to use during those sun soaked days but must be returned to their original location after arriving home. All towels (including the supplied pool towels) must remain on the property at all times. ~~ BBQ: State of the art infrared grill can be found off the dining room patio with easy-to-light electronic switch, ceramic coated grill plates, and side burner. ~~BBQ ACCESSORIES: Grilling tools, mats, and brush to clean are all provided as well. ~~ KITCHEN: Is stocked with all the essentials you may need + some extras (juicer, blender). We have upgraded all the pots and pans to tri-clad stainless steel and cast iron for easy cleaning and even heat distribution. ~~ FOOD: We encourage the pay-it-foward system with non-perisable items so anything you find in the kitchen upon arrival has been left on purpose and is yours to use or consume!
No Garage/Driveway Access. ~~Parking is located off-street on the back patio entrance area with a limit of 3 cars total (please carpool).
Общение с гостями
One of us will meet you at the property the day of arrival to explain how to use the spa system and answer any questions you may have. We live next door and one of us is always available via text if you have any issues or questions that need our assistance.
Другие важные подробности
The city of Vista requires us to collect a TOT of 10% for short term rentals. This fee is charged on the per night rental rate & cleaning fee. This must be paid at least 7 days prior to arrival (information on how to pay tax will be given after booking). No access will be granted prior to this fee being paid, NO exceptions!
**NOTE: This property is equiped with security cameras on the outside of the home. They monitor any & all movement on the permiter of the property including but not limited to: fences, parking, and entrances. No recording devices are located within the property or any areas of reasonible expectation of privacy. By booking this property guests agrees to be video taped including sound and that recordings may be used in a court of law or as evidence of any house rule or rental agreement violations (including unauthorized guests, late checkout, etc).
-The attached spa heating is the ONLY thing included in the rental booking.
-Pool heating is offered during CERTAIN months of the year (Sept-Oct & May/June) at the owners discretion. Pool heating is NOT allowed during high warning fire season(s) and spa usage should be monitored closely and turned off immediately when not in use to prevent any possible sparks or smoking debris that may float away from the propane heater area.
-The optional pool heating cost is guest(s) full responsibility, and must be paid in advance in order to verify the propane tank is full and the pool is pre-heated prior to arrival. Please contact us for an quote based on your stay dates.
The cost changes based on current propane prices + outdoor temperature's (which dictates how much propane/run time is required to initially heat the pool & how many degrees of heat loss will take place during overnight temps).
~Example: LP at $3.95 per gallon + Initial heat up (20 degree increase/60 to 80 degrees) + 50% overnight heat loss/re-heat = $250 per day.
MAX Guests: The property comfortably sleeps a max of 6 adults OR 4-6 adults + 2 children (when sharing the bunk room). The number of guests specified during booking are the ONLY ones allowed to stay on the premises past 10pm without owner approval. Breaking this rule will result in eviction without any refunds.
NOISE - We want all guests to enjoy themselves but no one likes loud people and complaints means the possibility of banned rentals in north county. Casa De Norte is secluded but we still have neighbors. We are at the top of the valley so noise travels very easy- they are close enough to hear loud music or yelling, especially after hours. QUIET HOURS are from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM everyday.
Smoking: We have a very strict limited smoking policy so please read our rules before doing so! SMOKING IS ONLY PERMITTED OUTSIDE IN SAFE AREAS AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AND AWAY FROM ANY DRY OUTDOOR AREAS. Fire is a very serious issue in our area (high fire zone) and it spreads faster than you can blink, so PLEASE make sure you smoke responsibly OUTSIDE and dispose of your cigarette butts in a proper ash tray.
The remodel and furnishing of this home was a labor of love and we expect that each guest treats it with respect and acts responsibly as if it were their own.
BASIC HOUSE RULES (See below contract for full terms):
- Please respect the house as if it were yours
-NO bath towels to be used for pool and spa use
- DO NOT sit on any furniture in wet swimsuits or with suntan oil on. Be mindful of robes and white towels when using tanning products as stains result in replacement fee.
- Clean any spills up immediately
- Do not flush anything down the toilets EXCEPT Toilet Paper- dispose of all sanity products in the trash receptacles.
- Turn OFF all Heating/AC, lights, and fans while out to conserve energy- do not turn the AC down past 78 (the sunroom will remain hot if blinds are not closed in the morning- cranking the AC will NOT cool the room down if precautions are not taken to prevent hot summer air from entering).
-Turn off Fire pit & Spa when not in use to avoid wasting propane which is electronically monitored for excessive use.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM
- Guests are not allowed to have any additional overnight guests outside of the original booking-the exterior perimeters of the property are monitored with security cameras. Additional overnight guests not cleared with owners will result in immediate termination of stay with no refund.
BASIC POOL & JACUZZI RULES (see below contract for full terms):
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during use of pool/jacuzzi/ fire pit.
- No lifeguard, swim at your own risk.
- NO Glass bottles, cups, dishes or other breakable items in or anywhere around the pool or spa.
- Anyone with a communicable disease or severely ill shall use the pool/spa.
- No diving or flipping into the pool or spa. Be aware of the pool depths at all times.
- No drink, food or gum in the pool or spa
- Soaps, oils or any products are not to be used in the pool or spa- it is a salt water system that is delicate and can easily be thrown off. Issues caused with the water that require excessive correction and/or cleaning will result in charges from pool company to be passed on to guest deposit.
- Limit stay in Jacuzzi to 30 minutes.
- Anyone with heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or women who are pregnant should consult a physician prior to use.
- MUST shut off all jets, lights and heaters when not in use- owners reserve the right to come turn these off if no guests are using them and they remain on. Additional fee may result to cover wasted resources (they are very expensive amenities- please use them responsibility).
-Turn off all pool flood lights by 10pm to avoid disturbing neighbors (pool lights and pergola cafe lights may remain on as long as in use).
-Owner is not responsible for any type of injury or death while on the property or due to use of any amenities. Be careful and mindful of your surroundings and always keep an eye on children.
-See information about 'Pool heating' (ONLY spa heating is included, pool heating is additional cost during allowed months). Any use of pool heating without paying will result in forfeit of security deposit and possible eviction. The propane is electronically monitored, notifications are sent to owners during excessive usage as well as the pool requiring 2 full days to heat up. Owners and/or pool staff randomly test the chemicals & check that the valves were correctly put back after spa usage to allow proper pool filtration during schedule. You will be found out if attempting to use this amenity without paying prior to checkin.
-Door alarms are for peace of mind but may be turned off AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Guest certifies that he/she has carefully read and agrees to the terms of this agreement and by clicking the booking button (online) or signing below, is authorizing all rental charges due and any outstanding charges remaining after departure to be charged to the credit card on the reservation and agrees all charges are considered final.
**BE SURE TO READ THROUGH FULL RENTAL AGREEMENT found below the 'RULES & REGULATIONS'.** Once booking is confirmed it certifies you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• Parties/Noise: Quite time at the home commences at 10:00 p.m., including on weekends and holidays, and is strictly enforced. Absolutely NO parties of any kind are permitted on the Premises (we do not have the permit for general assembly and the city is cracking down on rentals being used for gatherings). We want our neighbors to like the vacation rentals and not start a movement to ban them from the area, in addition, the San Diego City Council passed a 24 hour noise ordinance that allows for citations with fines up to $1,000.00 for both the renter and the owner or property manager for disturbing the peace. **See section 10 (section 1 & 2) of rental agreement for details on liquidated damages for noise violations.
• Parking: Please follow the parking instructions for the Premises, as specified in the property reservation details, and in full compliance with any city laws or ordinances, or any other applicable regulations. No RVs or campers are allowed at the Premises, in any driveways, or parked in any streets immediately adjacent to the Premises. Cars shall be limited to 3 maximum and parked out back on the pool gate entry. The garage is not accessible and the driveway is gated shut due to it’s high elevation and curvature causing danger of pulling in and out for guests.
• Checkin & Check-out: Guests will receive a personal electronic door code for the front door during their stay. Guest’s personal electronic door code activates at check-in time and expires at 11:00 AM. on check-out day. If Guest arrives early, Guest may not enter the unit or store any items in the unit until cleaning is complete. Understand that changing the Check In/Check Out times requires us to reschedule workers, work faster or hire additional housekeeping help and will result in a fee to cover these costs. **See Paragraph 10 of rental agreement for further details
• No Alterations: Guest(s) shall not alter or modify the Premises or any of its contents, including, without limitation, making improvements, undertaking repairs, adding fixtures, moving televisions or furniture, adding or changing locks, hanging pictures, using adhesives or fasteners, or placing signs.
• Fireworks: Guest agrees that fireworks, firecrackers, and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
• Smoking: The property is nonsmoking and any form of smoking is prohibited inside. If you must smoke, please go outside to the designated smoking area on the back deck near the ash tray which is located on the railing. Make sure all the windows and doors are closed to your rental. This applies to the use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes, incense and any other use of the like. There are no exceptions. **See Paragraph 21 of rental agreement for further details about smoking and fines
• Owner’s Closet(s): Guest agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
• Supplies: Other than initial supplies, additional toilet paper (3 rolls in each bathroom for stays over 5+ nights), soap, laundry soap (2 pods supplied for stays of 3+ nights), shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by Guest. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the Premises.
• Furniture: Under no circumstances shall any furniture be removed from the Premises or rearranged. Outdoor chairs and tables shall only be used on outdoor porches, and shall not be brought indoors. Indoor furniture must remain indoors at all times.
• Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Leave the house as you found it. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Turn off lights heating/air systems, fans, etc when leaving the house.
Pool/Hot Tub & Fire Pit Rules & Regulations:
**See Paragraph 9 of the rental agreement for further information
The following rules and regulations apply if any pools or hot tubs are offered at the Premises.
• Limit Usage: Observe reasonable time limits to avoid nausea, dizziness and fainting. Should You experience any of these symptoms, carefully exit the pool/hot tub immediately. The spa and fire pit have a maximum allowance of 4 hours per day- the jacuzzi should not be used longer than 30 minutes at a time for health reasons. This helps avoid excessive use of fossil fuels and utilities. Propane levels are monitored electronically for excessive usage which will result in fees passed on guest. (One hour of spa time drains roughly $75 in propane). So as you can see propane is very expensive and drains rather quickly with use of the spa/fire pit/optional pool heating so be sure to turn these amenities OFF as soon as your finished using them.
~ONLY the attached spa heating is included in rate.
~Pool heating is offered during CERTAIN months of the year (Late Sept-Oct & May/June) at the owners discretion. Pool heating is NOT allowed during high warning fire season(s) and spa usage should be monitored closely and turned off immediately when not in use to prevent any possible sparks or smoking debris that may float away from the propane heater area.
~The optional pool heating cost is guest(s) full responsibility, and must be paid in advance in order to verify the propane tank is full and the pool is pre-heated prior to arrival. Please contact us for an quote based on your stay dates.
~The cost changes based on current propane prices + outdoor temperature's (which dictates how much propane/run time is required to initially heat the pool & how many degrees of heat loss will take place during overnight temps).
~Example: LP at $3.95 per gallon + Initial heat up (20 degree increase/60 to 80 degrees) + 50% overnight heat loss/re-heat = $250 per day.
• Safety Precautions: If the property has a pool or hot tub it is the Guest(s) responsibility to learn all safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool/hot tub. Guest(s) will abide by all posted rules and regulations posted, as well as any owner stated rules and restrictions. Guests must be sure to follow instructions on turning the spa ON & OFF to prevent algae and mold growth. No diving or running near or around pool areas is permitted.Guest shall have a responsible adult supervising minors at all times!
• Temperature: Please check the temperature of the water in the pool/hot tub before use. Maximum safe water temperature should not exceed 104 degrees Fahrenheit in order to avoid injury.** See Liability Section in rental agreement.
• Supervision: Do not use or allow the pool/hot tub to be used alone. Minors under the age of 18 shall NOT utilize the pool/hot tub unsupervised. Unsupervised use by children is strictly prohibited. Never leave children unattended in the back area or vicinity of the pool/hot tub!
• Slippery Surfaces: Surrounding patio/deck may be slippery and dangerous when wet.
• Clean up: Please leave the pool/hot tub and associated amenities in the same condition as received. No glass is allowed around the pool or hot tub. Any spills that result in chemical changes that must be corrected or broken glass in the pool area, debris, cigarette butts, etc will result in a fine charged against the security deposit or booking payment method in the amount of no less than $100. **See paragraph 14 (e) of rental agreement for further information.
• Propane fire pit must be turned off when not in use and wood cover replaced to prevent debris and wear and tear to the unit. Lighting the fire pit is AT YOUR OWN RISK and should be done with caution. Turn the propane key light a very slight amount before using the supplied long end lighter to avoid potential burns from bursts of propane gas.
• Jewelry: While the pool/spa system is a salt-water chlorine system it is still recommended that no jewelry is worn in the pool/hot tub due to chemicals used. The chemicals in the pool/hot tub can also affect color-treated hair and damage swimsuits.
• Systems: Please do NOT turn off or unplug the Pool and/or filters, etc. Only flip the switches on the instructions & that are correctly labelled "Lights". Be sure to TURN OFF patio flood lights no later than 10 pm as to not disturb the neighbors and residents of the area (you can leave the pool lights, house patio lights, and pergola lights on as long as they are in use)
• Restrictions: Do not add anything to the water including foaming bubbles, chemicals, soaps, bath oils, etc. Absolutely no candles (floating or any type) are allowed on or in the pool/hot tub. No shoes are to be worn in the pool/hot tub.
• Sensitive Persons: Persons who have high blood pressure, skin sensitivities, or who might be pregnant are strongly urged not to use the pool/hot tub. If in doubt, please consult with a physician prior to using the pool/hot tub.
Owner is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, injury caused to chemicals or wet surfaces.
Upon termination of the agreement, Guest shall surrender the premises to Owner in the same condition as when received, excepting light cleaning and laundry.
***SHORT TERM RENTAL LICENSE AGREEMENT***
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Jessica Brown and Justin Meyer (hereinafter “Homeowner”, “Licensor”, or “Owner”) and the (hereinafter “Guest” “Renter” or “Licensee”) as of the dates set forth in the confirmation agreement. In consideration of the monies paid and promises contained herein, the Owner does hereby grant to the Licensee, the license to use those premises during the period as indicated in the reservation and guest is in no way considered a tenant or resident of the property and must vacate on date agreed upon in the confirmation booking.
Licensee payment of deposit, rent, or taking of possession of the vacation property after receipt of this agreement is evidence of Guest`s acceptance of this agreement and all of its terms. If the reservation is created on a 3rd party travel site, such as (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Airbnb, etc, Licensee agrees to their Terms and Conditions as well as this agreement by booking the property.
Licensee expressly accepts the terms of this Rental License Agreement and understands that Licensee credit card may be charged in compliance with the terms of this agreement. Licensee further agrees that credit card charges that comply with the terms of this agreement are final. In the event that Guest’s violates any term of this agreement Licensor shall have the right to revoke the license and shall be entitled to have Guest’s removed from the Premises without further refund of monies paid.
For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, we hereby agree as follows:
1. PREMISES/PROPERTY. This Agreement is entered into for the short-term occupancy of the property described in the reservation invoice (the “Premises”).
2. TERM: The term of occupancy by a Guest is based on the agreed term listed in the reservation invoice. The term shall commence at 3:00 p.m. on the Check-in Date, and shall terminate at 11:00 a.m. on the Check-out Date (the “Term”). Licensee agrees to strictly abide by the foregoing check-in and check-out times, as well as all check-in and check-out instructions and procedures at any time provided or made available to Licensee.
3. MINIMUM AGE: The person signing this agreement must be 25 years of age or older and must be one of the guests throughout the Term.
4. MEANING OF GUEST: Guest shall include the plural “Guests” and shall refer to the persons permitted to occupy the Premises pursuant to this agreement and the Reservation Invoice. Guest shall include all persons who are entitled to Premises as Licensee/Licensees. Each Guest agrees that he/she responsible to ensure that duties, obligations, restrictions, or other provisions applicable to Guest or Licensee hereunder shall apply equally and individually to any guests or visitors, whether or not such persons are authorized to be present on the Premises. Each Guest shall be jointly and severally liable for any breaches of this Agreement and any and all resulting damages or losses. *See Liability
5. RATE/BOOKING CHARGES: As consideration for use of the Premises during the Term, Guest agrees to pay Licensor total booking charges listed in the reservation agreement along with all taxes and fees.
6. DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE: For reservations made through booking sites all payments will be made and processed through the booking site unless agreed upon otherwise. Please see Booking Site’s payment policies to review your payment options.
ADDITIONAL PAYMENT TERMS: If Guest’s reservation is made sixty (60) days in advance of the Check-in Date or less, the Booking Charges shall be paid in full via Major Credit, Debit Card, or Bank Balance Transfer. In no event will Guest be given access to the Premises until the Booking Charges & City Taxes are paid in full and cleared by Licensor’s banking institution (and the full security deposit is received, if applicable).
METHOD OF PAYMENT: By entering into this Agreement and providing Guest’s credit card information, Guest expressly authorizes Licensor to charge Guest’s credit or debit card as set forth herein, and acknowledges that any such payment(s) will be automatically charged without further notice to Guest. All payment(s) shall be non-refundable unless otherwise expressly provided herein. Guest will pay Licensor a charge of $30 for each returned/dishonored check. A processing fee of 3% will be included on reservations paid in full by credit card.
ADDITIONAL FEES: The City of Vista requires collection of a Transient Occupancy Tax of 10% on each short term rental period taking place within city limited. This is due prior to each stay at Casa De Norte, and is passed on in full to City of Vista on a quarterly bases. This tax is calculated on top of the nightly rental rate + Additional Property Fees (“Cleaning”, “Pool Use”, Etc). In the event the property has a pool heater all heating all fee’s must be paid prior to arrival or additional amenities may not be used. If guests are found using amenities incorrectly the Owner reserves the right to evict all guests and their visitors from the property without further notice and no refund of monies paid.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY: For reservations made through Airbnb please see the "cancellation policy" found on the website under the listing.
Licensor shall be entitled to cancel this agreement if, due to unforeseen circumstances, without fault on the part of Licensor, Licensor is unable to deliver possession of the premises to guest and all monies will be refunded if applicable.
UNAVAILABILITY: Guest acknowledges that any number of events or circumstances may preclude Licensor from delivering possession of the Premises to Guest, including, without limitation, sale, foreclosure, fire, mandatory evacuation, acts of nature, acts of prior guests, construction delays, enactment or enforcement of restrictions on short-term or vacation rentals, governmental action, actions taken by HOAs or similar associations, or any other similar circumstances. If Licensor is unable to deliver possession of the Premises at the start of the Term, this Agreement shall not be void or voidable by Guest, but Guest shall not be liable for any rent until possession is delivered. Guest may terminate this Agreement if possession is not delivered within 24 hours of the scheduled check-in time.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In the event Licensor is unable to deliver possession of the Premises, or is precluded from doing so for any reason, Licensor shall not be liable for any costs, expenses, or damages of any kind incurred by Guest. In such an event, Guest agrees that Licensor's sole liability shall be limited to a full refund of all payments received from Guest. Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Licensor be liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to, relocation or additional travel expenses, or any other loss. Guest understands it is incumbent upon Guest to research and obtain appropriate forms of insurance and protection (such as “cancel for any reason” travel insurance) should it so desire, and that Guest otherwise assumes the risks of unavailability.
“AS IS RENTAL”: Chances are that Guest is reserving the Premises without having first viewed them in person. While the Premises have generally proven satisfactory to previous guests (except in the case of new vacation rental properties), Guest understands it is renting the Premises on an “as is” basis and items may have changed. Should Guest become dissatisfied with the Premises for any reason, Licensor will make every reasonable effort to resolve any specific problem(s). However, there shall be no refunds or relocations of any kind, in whole or in part, unless otherwise expressly provided herein. This refund policy shall apply, without limitation, to (i) any early departure/check-out by Guest or shortened stay;(ii) any claims that the Premises or amenities are unsatisfactory, inoperable, or otherwise defective (including, but not limited to, issues with Internet service, television options, décor, appliances, utilities, plumbing, pests, the quality of furnishings/linens, pool, spa, etc.); (iii) adverse or unexpected weather conditions; (iv) any unforeseen circumstances due to financial, health or family emergencies, or (v) any other similar issues, complaints, or circumstances.
Guest has read and understands the cancellation/refund policy and the limitations on Licensor’s liability set forth above.
8. OCCUPANCY LIMITS:
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum occupancy for the Premises is detailed in Licensee’s reservation invoice and on the Casa De Norte Website (the “Maximum Occupancy”). Licensee understands and agrees that the Maximum Occupancy limit includes children and infants, is strictly enforced, and shall not be exceeded at any time during the Term without the express written authorization of Licensor in advance.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS: Should Licensee wish to entertain or invite additional persons on the Premises, Licensee shall notify Licensor no less than five (5) days prior to the Check-in Date. Licensee’s request may be denied by Licensor in Licensor’s sole discretion, and the lack of a response shall constitute denial. Under no circumstances shall any un-approved guests stay later than 10:00 p.m.
NO ASSIGNMENT/SUBLEASE: Licensee may not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises or any portion thereof without prior written consent of Licensor. This Agreement may be assigned by Licensor, including, without limitation, to another management company, staff, or to the owner of the Premises.
9. ACCESS: Guest must park in designated spaces only, or risk being towed at the vehicle owner's expense. If additional parking is needed guests must contact owner to request temporary use of the gated driveway which may be granted as owner sees fit, all vehicles in the driveway must vacate no later than 10pm. Property Owner is not responsible for any fines or citations received for illegal parking. Guests will have full access of the property EXCLUDING the garage during their rental period. Owner reserves the right if necessary, for maintenance staff to enter the premises for repair, care, or management of the property.
ENTRY AND INSPECTION: Both the owner(s) of the Premises (or its representatives) shall have the right to enter the Premises at any time (i) to enforce the terms of this Agreement; (ii) in case of emergency; (iii) to verify that the terms of this Agreement are being met; (iv) to exhibit the Premises to prospective or actual purchasers, renters, workman, repairmen, guests, or contractors; or (v) when Guest has abandoned or surrendered the Premises. While Licensor will engage in reasonable efforts to notify Guest beforehand, no prior notice shall be required and Guest’s non-permission shall not preclude entry.
10.QUIET HOUR RULES AND REGULATIONS: Noise/Parties: The property being rented is a house in a residential neighborhood. There may be people living nearby who are year-round residents, with many neighboring homes being owner-occupied. Excessive noise, rowdy behavior, loud music or other nuisances will not be tolerated by neighbors or Licensor. Quiet hours begin at 10:00 p.m. and end at 8:00 a.m., including on weekends and holidays, and are strictly enforced. If this is not something that you intend on following we will refund your reservation money up to 48 hours after receipt of this agreement. Licensee expressly acknowledges and agrees that parties, excessive noise, or other similar disturbances (including, without limitation, those specified in other paragraphs of this agreement) can cause irreparable damage to Licensor’s business and its relations with neighbors, and agrees to pay the liquidated damages set forth herein for any violations. Liquidated damages are as follows and will be charged to Your credit card or recovered through legal action.
1) If owner or staff are required to visit the premises to address a noise issue - minimum charge of $100.
2) 2nd call onward, or if police and/or city code compliance officials are called- minimum charge of $200 in addition to original charge + any fees or fines charged by city officials.
Applicable Laws: Guest shall fully comply with all local, state, and federal laws while staying at the Premises, including, without limitation, all city ordinances. Guest acknowledges that it is Guest’s responsibility to know, understand, and abide by all such laws and regulations.
Standard Rules & Restrictions: The standard rules and restrictions applicable to the Premises (including those applicable to pets, smoking, etc.) are attached hereto as Attachment A, and are incorporated herein by reference as though set forth in full. Licensee agrees to strictly abide by the same, as well as any other rules or restrictions applicable to the Premises or at any time provided to Licensee. A violation of any of these rules and restrictions constitutes cause for the cancellation of the reservation.
11. Check-In Procedures: Prior to arrival, Licensor will transmit to Guest instructions regarding obtaining access to the Premises. Upon entering the Premises, Guest agrees to follow all check-in procedures provided by Licensor, to call Licensor to confirm successful access, to examine the condition of the Premises, and to immediately notify Licensor in writing if the Premises or any of its contents are not in operating condition or are in disrepair. Licensor may contact Licensee or stop by the Premises within 24 hours of Licensee’s arrival.
Early Check-In: Requests for early check-in will be granted in Licensor’s sole discretion and can only be confirmed with written notice. Check-Out Times & Procedures: Guest shall review and comply with all check-out procedures provided by Licensor. Owner does not guarantee earlier check-in times or later check-out times, and if granted these may result in fees due to increased staff, limited hours, and/or any other fees charged to owners to prepare the property for early arrival or after late checkout.
If you have not departed by the departure date and time listed in the reservation confirmation then you authorize us to pack up your belongings and place them outside of the unit while cleaning takes place. If your belongings are not retrieved by the end of the cleaning, they will be placed within a locked and secure area for safe keeping until you come to pick up. There will be a $100 late check out fee charged to your credit card for this service. If items are not removed within 24 hours of the checkout time you forfeit ownership of said items and they will be donated to a Charity of the owners choosing. You hereby hold harmless all Employees and vendors from legal action for this process.
12. HOLDING OVER / LATE CHECK-OUT: Guest agrees that it will not “hold over” or occupy the Premises beyond 11:00 a.m. on the date of departure without the express prior written consent of Licensor.
DAMAGE CAUSED BY HOLD OVER: Due to the nature of vacation rentals, Guest agrees and acknowledges that any unauthorized holding over could cause Guest to breach agreements with other guests that have reserved the Premises during Guest’s hold over period; cause significant losses of income and to Licensor’s goodwill and reputation; result in significant relocation costs in securing alternative accommodations for impacted guests; otherwise interfere with Licensor’s business; impact the owner of the Premises; and/or interfere with critical services, improvements, or repairs. Guest acknowledges that holding over may constitute intentional/ tortious conduct giving rise to claims for punitive damages.
INDEMNIFICATION: Licensee hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Licensor (and any of its members, representatives, agents and assigns) and the owner of the Premises, from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, causes of action, suits, obligations, expenses, liabilities or demands (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) by whomever or wherever made or presented, which arise out of, relate to, or are in any way connected with any unauthorized hold over by Licensee. Licensee’s obligations shall include the payment of Licensor’s actual attorney’s fees (on a monthly basis, or as otherwise incurred), and Licensor shall have the right to retain legal counsel of its choosing. When legal action is required all legal fees associated with this action and others associated with it is also pre-authorized to be charged on Your credit card or debit card on record.
CLEANING: Cleaning staff will arrive promptly on the day of departure. Guest shall be liable for a charge of $150/hour for each hour (or portion thereof) of holdover past check-out time. Cleaning staff has only a short time within which to clean the Premises. Holding over for more than two (2) hour will result in an extra day’s rent + all taxes and fees charged to the credit card on file.
13. CLEANING The Premises will be cleaned prior to Guest’s arrival, and after departure. Guest’s rental fee provides for typical cleaning requirements. If additional cleaning is required, Guest shall be responsible for the costs thereof.
THE KITCHEN & OUTDOOR BBQ: These are the sole responsibility of the renter and are expected to be left in the same condition they are found. This includes but is not limited to: with clean dishes, countertops, cooking appliances, and organization of all areas. The BBQ is expected to be cleaned with the supplied brush and recovered once cool. Any additional charges for cleaning will be passed on to the guest and charged to the booking payment.
EXCESSIVE DAMAGE: If the property is left in such a state that it is not rentable for the booking period after departure the renter will be responsible for; the additional fees incurred to fix/clean/replace the damage as well as the full rental rate (including all tax(s), fees, and booking charges) for each additional day required to bring the property back to rental ready condition.
Generally: Linens and bath towels are provided by Licensor. Internet access is password protected (with access code provided prior to/upon check-in). To the extent practicable, the Premises will be fully furnished prior to check-in. However, there shall be no refunds or discounts if any amenities are not available or are inoperable. Use of the Premises and all amenities shall be subject to the Waiver and Release of All Claims, Assumption of the Risk, and Indemnification (the “Release”) attached hereto as Attachment A or B , and incorporated herein by reference as though set forth in full.
Missing Items: Guest shall be responsible for the actual cost to replace any supplied item that is missing after check-out, and such sums may be recovered through Guest’s security deposit protection plan or withheld from Guest’s security deposit, or charged to credit card or debit card on file, as applicable.
Barbecues/Fireplaces: Barbecue grills and fireplaces are not available in all vacation properties. If propane barbecues are supplied it is not Licensor’s responsibility to ensure they are filled. Any fire, smoke, or other damage shall be Guest’s responsibility. They must be cleaned after use and left in the condition they are found or additional cleaning fees will be passed on to the guests booking payment method.
Additional Items: Licensor may provide items for Guest to use while enjoying the local beach neighborhood. If Licensor provides items, it is Guest’s responsibility to inspect and approve the condition of any such items upon check-in and prior to use. If items are lost or stolen during Guest’s stay, Guest will be held responsible, with repair or replacement costs recovered through Guest’s security deposit protection plan or withheld from Guest’s security deposit, as applicable. In the event that any such items are available, Guest agrees to abide by the terms and conditions contained in Attachments A and B.
Pool/Hot Tub: If the Premises include a pool and/or hot tub, special instructions for safety and maintenance apply, and the failure to abide by these rules will result in charges to Guest’s damage deposit. Spa and fire pit use shall be limited to a maximum of 4 hours per day to prevent excessive usage of fossil fuels. Guest agrees to turn ALL outdoor amenities off when not in use, if spa, fire pit, or pool heater are found to be left on without guest usage a fee will be charged against the security deposit amounting to cost of excessive usage or $100 whichever is greater.
If a pool/hot tub is improperly used and must be drained and refilled, extra maintenance costs will be charged against Guest's security deposit or credit card. Guest agrees to use the pool/hot tub in accordance with posted rules, to follow all provided maintenance guidelines, and to abide by the additional terms and conditions set forth in Attachments A. Owner and/or staff reserve the right to access the pool/spa area during rental period to conduct routine maintenance , testing, and chemical additions.
This is in order to keep the pool in optimal working order and in the case of salt water systems is imperative to the ecosystem of the pool that testing be done at least once a week. All efforts will be made to perform the testing and maintenance at an hour that doesn't interfere with guest usage but cannot be guaranteed.
ONLY the attached spa heating is included in rate. Pool heating is offered during CERTAIN months of the year (Late Sept-Oct & May/June). The cost is guest responsibility and must be paid in advance in order to verify the propane tank is full and pre-heating of the pool is turned on prior to arrival. Contact us for a quote of fees based on dates of booked stay.
The pool heating cost changes depending on a variety of factors including but not limited to; current propane prices, outdoor temperature's during the day/night hours, additional pool chemicals or labor needed to prevent damage to pool heating components during high seasons of weather/debris.
~Example: LP at $3.95 per gallon + Initial heat up (20 degree increase/60 to 80 degrees) + 50% overnight heat loss/re-heat = $250 per day.
15. GUEST DUTIES, USAGE, LIABILITY:
PROPER USAGE OF THE PREMISES: Guest shall properly use, operate, and maintain the Premises and its contents and amenities, including, without limitation, all furnishings, appliances, electronics, furniture, plumbing fixtures, landscaping, fireplaces, and any other amenities. Guest shall only use the Premises and its contents and amenities for their intended purposes; shall maintain them in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition; and shall not commit any waste or nuisance. Guest shall fully secure and lock the Premises at all times when Guest is not present. Guests shall not, at any time, go onto the roofs of properties. If any item of guest property is lost on the roof, guests shall call management to retrieve the item.
PROPER USAGE OF THE INTERNET: Guest will not download any unauthorized, copyrighted content from the internet through wifi, cable, DSL or other such service provided at any property. Doing so is a violation of the service provider’s agreements and constitutes a breach of contract. All rights are reserved by owner to remedy such breach. No charges shall be made against the owners account for movies, television, music, etc. All streaming services provided are at the discrediting of the owner and guest agrees to use them responsibly.
FORGOTTEN ITEMS: Owner shall not be responsible or liable under any circumstances for any personal belongings, valuables or other items forgotten at the Premises or left after check-out. If any such items are located, Licensor will undertake reasonable efforts to notify Guest of the same and to return them at Guest’s cost. Licensor shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, any such items (in whole or in part), and this shall apply without limitation, to Licensor’s efforts in locating, holding, or returning any such items. Owner will do so for a service charge of $15.00 plus applicable shipping charges, which will be billed to Guest’s credit card. Items not claimed after 14 days will be donated to local charity.
NOTIFICATION: Licensor cannot guarantee against the failure or malfunction of any item within the Premises. Guest shall immediately notify Licensor of any problems, damage, inoperability, malfunction or other issue at the Premises, or if any fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition, by both phone numbers found on the welcome letter/book upon arrival. Licensor will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. There shall be no refunds, credits, or rent reductions in the event of any such failure or malfunction. Should repair personnel be called out to a unit and discover the equipment is in working order or the problem was due to Guest’s oversight or neglect, Guest shall be responsible for the service charge. Guest shall pay for all damage resulting from a failure to report a problem, malfunction, or other issue in a timely manner.
LIABILITY: Except in the case of normal wear and tear reported to Licensor within 24 hours of check-in, Guest shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Premises, or resulting from Guest’s negligence or any breaches of this Agreement, and shall be responsible for any repair or replacement costs. This shall include, without limitation, any damage to landscaping, watermarks or scarring to hardwood floors, and misuse of appliances, equipment, and furnishings. Guest shall be responsible for any items that are missing, lost or stolen from the Premises during Guest’s stay, and shall be responsible for any plumbing stoppages or blockages, unless caused by defective plumbing parts or fixtures, or invading tree roots.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: There shall be no refunds of any kind due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances due to financial, health or family emergencies, and Licensee confirms that it has reviewed and understands the cancellation/refund policy set forth above. To protect Your vacation investment (including the Initial Deposit) Licensor recommends CSA travel insurance. Vacation rental insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Licensor strongly recommends that Guest purchase this valuable protection. Guest understands that it is the sole responsibility of guest to purchase said insurance and certain terms and restrictions apply, and that it must consult the actual policy for full details and to understand the scope and limits of coverage.
By not purchasing this insurance Guest is declining coverage and assumes all liability.
16. BREACHES / VIOLATIONS BY GUEST: Licensor may terminate this Agreement, and Guest will be required to immediately vacate the Premises, forfeit all monies paid, and pay liquidated damages of three (3) times the amount of the rental fee or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), which ever amount is greater, with said damages immediately charged to Guest’s credit card, should any of the following occur: (i) any house parties, kegs, or excessive noise emanating from the Premises; (ii) any violations of the occupancy limits set forth in Paragraph 6, above; (iii) any use of the Premises for any illegal activity, or in violation of any local, state, or federal, laws, including but not limited to, the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age; (iv) any use of the Premises in violation of any rules or regulations of any applicable HOA or similar association; (v) any conduct or disturbances resulting in law enforcement being called or notified; (vi) damage to the Premises or to any neighboring properties; (vii) any fighting, domestic abuse, excessive speeding, or discharging of firearms, pellet or BB guns, or fireworks; or (viii) any disruptive behavior or other acts which interfere with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their properties (occupancy and use of the Premises shall not disturb or offend neighbors or residents), (ix) any for profit or commercial purposes not previously authorized by property owner.
17. INSURANCE AND SECURITIES DEPOSIT: Guest will be liable for full replacement costs due to damage or loss that occurs to the premises and its contents during guest’s reservation. Damage to the property over the deposit amount will be the sole responsibility of the renters including but not limited to; intentional and unintentional damage, unauthorized pets, additional cleaning, wear and tear to property and/or it’s contents, any fines issued by governing bodies for items such as (but not limited to); noise, trash, or parking fines. Guest should report any missing or broken items within 24 hours of arrival to avoid any liability. Upon Guest’s departure of the property, the Security Deposit will be refunded within fourteen (14) business days, minus any damage cost or fees or fines incurred. The Security Deposit refund may take up to 30 days after the departure date, depending on circumstances such as, but not limited to, Guest’s financial institution, notification from governing bodies regarding fines, and charges for excessive use of utilities.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: A deposit shall be paid at the time of booking via Major Credit Card or check and will be administered/returned in accordance with applicable law, with deductions for any damages, expenses, repairs or other costs incurred or caused by Licensee or resulting from Licensee’s stay (other than ordinary wear and tear reported to Licensor within 24 hours of check-in). Further, any such damage in excess of the security deposit will also be charged to Licensee’s credit card and by accepting these terms the Licensee agrees that all charges are final.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION: Licensee agrees provide a security deposit. Licensee shall also provide a valid Major Credit Card in addition to this fee for items not covered under the security deposit. This must be paid prior to arrival. If, during Licensee’s stay, a person causes any damage to real or personal property at the Premises as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, Licensor (Property owner) will be reimbursed for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to the maximum cost including all service fees; Theft or damage to the Premises or its contents must be reported to Licensor prior to check-out. The policy takes effect upon check-in on the booked arrival date to the Premises, together with receipt of payment of the fee, at or before check-in. All liability may terminate upon 14 business days after standard check-out time at the Premises or the arrival of the new person(s), whichever occurs first.
EXCLUSIONS: The regulation does not cover intentional or willful damage, gross negligence, theft, smoking, unauthorized pets, excessive trash removal, extensive/additional cleaning charges, unauthorized entry into owner’s excluded closets/spaces, exceeding occupancy limits, exceeding parking limits, any violations of Licensor’s rental policies and restrictions or this Agreement, any violations of the rules, restrictions, ordinances, or laws of any City, County, State, HOA (or similar association), or other governing regulatory body, or any fines, fees, penalties, expenses, or other costs resulting from any of the foregoing whether imposed on Licensee, Visitors of Licensee, or Licensor (collectively referred to as “Excluded Damage Costs”). Any Excluded Damage Costs will be charged immediately to Licensee’s credit card and guest agrees that all charges are final. Licensee will also be notified of any Excluded Damage Costs in writing.
LIABILITY: Licensee agrees that any damages that exceed damage deposit plan will be charged to the credit card provided by Licensee, and acknowledges that the security deposit does not substitute for Licensee’s responsibility to leave the Premises in the same condition as received. The fee does not negate Licensee’s responsibilities as a responsible renter, nor does it relieve Licensee from responsibility for intentionally destructive acts of Licensee or other members of Licensee’s party. The Premises will be carefully inspected after Licensee’s departure and any damage, theft, or other similar incidents which occur during Licensee’s stay and which have not been disclosed to Licensor prior to Licensee’s departure will remain Licensee’s obligation. The fee does not cover theft of or damage to any personal property owned by or brought to the Premises by Licensee or its guests, visitors, or Co-Licensees.
AUTHORIZATION: Any notification of theft or damage under the securities deposit will be administered by Licensor at the Premises, and Licensor will have the sole authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs and eligibility for the security deposit to cover costs.
18. LIABILITY: Children shall be supervised at all times, especially in pool area. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that you and yours are expressly assuming ALL risk while on or around the property.
Guest agrees that he/she is solely responsible for any property damage, accident or personal injury, or loss sustained by Guest, and others in Guest’s party, arising out of Guest’s occupancy of the premises.
By signing this agreement, Guest further agrees to indemnify and hold Owner, and property staff, harmless from any claims arising from Guest use of the premises and or Equipment, including risk of injury, illnesses, and death to Guest and others from all activities while occupying or around the premises.
Guest acknowledges that every rental property is privately owned and reflects the taste of each owner. Every effort has been made to ensure accurate and complete information in the Rental Licen