Enjoy your privacy in our second floor suite! You have a sitting room, with TV, overlooking the greenery of our back yard, a comfy and quiet queen bedroom, and a huge bath for your sole use . We are in a small town, only 30-40 minutes west of Portland, on Maine's most desirable lake! Tassel Top, a sandy, well-kept beach, is less than a mile from here. Quiet neighborhood; beautiful setting! Peaceful. Mt. Washington area & North Conway only an hour away. Portland and Freeport even closer.
My home is a country-style cape cod, typical in New England towns. It sits on about 1.5 acres, in an association neighborhood on the shores of Sebago Lake. Guests say our home is a beautiful setting, quiet, peaceful and private. The loons on the lake lull us to sleep, and the birds chirping greet us as the sun shines in the windows. We have a large screen-enclosed porch attached to our home, a perfect place for early morning coffee, reading and relaxing, or taking a break from the beach! Your personal space is on the second floor of our family home, and is a three room suite comprised of a bedroom, sitting room and private bath. There is a queen sized bed, dressers, a large closet, WiFi, a 20” flat screen TV in the sitting room, satellite TV, ceiling fans in both rooms, central heat and, in summer, window air conditioning. The bathroom includes a custom-made two person walk-in shower. Bedding, towels and shampoos are included. Please note that the bedroom, sitting home and bath all have doors into the private hallway at the top of the stairs.
The modern kitchen on the first floor is available for light use, as is the laundry room. If you have a longer reservation, I try to make the kitchen fully available. I provide safe, on premises, parking during your stay with us, at no additional cost.
Early or late check in/out are generally not a problem. Please advise of your expected check in and check out times so we can better accommodate you and other guests.
The grounds on our property are (unfortunately), tended by my "purple-thumb" ...but we have lots of green grass! LOL In the fall we have lots of colorful leaves, and the smells of autumn abound. Our yard is large enough to play games, tent, and enjoy our outside fire-pit. There's a great sunny patio with a gas grill and umbrella table/chairs, as well as a spacious, comfy screened-in porch overlooking the back yard(URL HIDDEN)Don't forget our lake ....see more on that under "Neighborhood" below!
Общение с гостями
I like to greet you with a cup of tea and a friendly conversation, if both our schedules allow. Our energetic Australian Shepherd (Penny) likes to greet you with jumping, barking and tail wagging, and our talkative kitty (Angel) will give you some space to settle in before she comes over for some lovin'. I'm truly enjoy helping you plan activities or trips you'd like to take from here, or am happy to leave you alone if you'd just like to relax!
Другие важные подробности
We are a GREAT location for heading out on day-trips(URL HIDDEN)You probably drove near Portland on your way to our house. Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is frequently touted as one of America's most "livable" cities. Portland hosts our thriving ocean waterfront, our charming and artistic "Old Port" area, and a plethora of historic sites. Nice days call for a ferry trip to the nearby islands! Portland is also famous for our excellent restaurants (among the highest per capita in the US!), our many tasty craft breweries, and our thriving arts community(URL HIDDEN)Just beside Portland is the home of Portland Head Light, which was the first lighthouse commissioned by the United States government and is the "most visited, painted, and photographed lighthouse in New England." Near to that is also our popular "Lobster Shack"....a destination location for sure(URL HIDDEN)Around us, in the "lakes region", we have everything from lakes and ponds, to water sports to antique shops, hiking and biking trails, and ....well, lots of stuff of interest! A nearby historical museum touts many antique cars for your viewing pleasure(URL HIDDEN)To the west, we are only an hour from the Mt. Washington area, with hiking, the auto-road tour, and thrill seeking adventures as well. North Conway is also a shopping mecca for those seeking brand-name outlets, as well as little antique shops along the way(URL HIDDEN)We're only 20 minutes from the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray, with animals native to Maine. Freeport, the home of the famous LLBean's and the Desert of Maine, is only 45 minutes. Continuing another 20 minutes beyond Freeport, you'll find Wiscasset, a charming ocean-side town and the home of "Reds", a world-famous lobster roll(URL HIDDEN)We can provide lots of recommendations for eateries and little points of interest along the way of your adventures!
1) No smoking allowed, inside or outside.
2) Guests may be asked to show a photo ID upon arrival.
3) Guests are not allowed to have company or pets without the prior approval of the Host.
4) Guests must follow the posted rules of the Association Beach and roadways.
5) Check-in and Check-out times are flexible, based on our mutual schedules, and back-to-back bookings. Generally speaking, most guests check out by noon, and I rarely see guests checking in before late afternoon or evening. Please ask for your specific needs and I will do my best to accommodate you!
6) During the busy summer months we have a strict cancellation policy: 50% refund up to one week prior to the reservation; no refund after that. During the less busy times of the year we follow a more moderate policy: full refund up until 5 days prior to arrival; no refund after that.
7) IF I have given permission for you to bring an animal, I expect that: (a) it will be attended to at all times, and not be left alone in the house while you go out (b) it won't bark, (b) it will not soil the carpeting or damage anything, (c) you will only walk the dog on the paved roads or in my yard, and not take it only the lake-front areas, (d) you will carry bags to clean up when it "does it's duty" while outside, walking. :-)