Welcome! This is a private room in a modest house located in a quiet subdivision in south College Station. Includes one bed in private bedroom and exclusive use of the hallway bathroom (with full tub/shower). Easy drive to campus. Must love dogs and cats. Diversity is welcome!
*State and City Occupancy Taxes are included in rate*
A fold-out bed is available for $10 fee (per stay).
Bedroom is cozy but adequate, with a very comfortable bed. Closet space is available in the room to hang garments. Window looks out into the back yard. Across the hall from the bedroom is the guest bathroom, which you will have exclusive use of during your stay, and includes toiletries and towels.
The common areas of the house are available to you, but please clean up after yourself. The microwave and refrigerator in the kitchen are also available to you.
Общение с гостями
While it is likely that we will cross paths more than once during your stay, you are welcome to keep things as private as you like, and I generally keep to myself; no need to make smalltalk unless you want to! :-) However, feel free to ask any questions and let me know if there's anything you need to make your stay more comfortable!
Другие важные подробности
I do not provide breakfast, but if you let me know at check-in, I can make sure there is coffee/tea available in the morning.
Please do not book this room if you (or those traveling with you) are not comfortable with dogs and cats. The dogs will try to jump up on you; the larger one is a lanky ~40 lbs (18 kg). The cats will try to get into the bedroom. Please do your best to avoid this as one of the cats may chew on shoelaces or other string-like things, and they may claw your luggage if left unattended.
Please note this listing is for 1 or 2 people sharing a full size bed. If you prefer sleeping space beyond one bed, please message me (there is a folding cot that can be set up in the room for $10).
My rate INCLUDES all city and state occupancy taxes, which are 7% and 6% respectively.
I also offer a discount for returning guests. I love when people come back and stay with me again!
Not to come across as unfriendly or unaccommodating, but please abide by the following for the safety and comfort of the guest, the host, and the pets!
1. Please notify me of your expected time of arrival (a one-hour window is fine, and it's ok if your plans change as long as you let me know).
2. At a minimum, review the "Amenities" and "Other things to note" sections of the listing to prevent misunderstandings about what is/is not included in this listing (e.g., yes I provide towels but not breakfast) to make sure your expectations are met.
3. Absolutely no smoking anywhere on premises.
4. No guest pets allowed - we love animals, but the 2 dogs and 4 cats that we already have here wouldn't appreciate additional animals in the house.
5. Keep the bedroom door closed with our animals excluded (the cats especially will get into your stuff and can get seriously sick as a result, plus damage your things). This is potentially flexible if we discuss it to make other arrangements to ensure the pets don't get into your things.
6. No guests on the premises that are not part of your reservation without explicit approval from the host.
Hi there! My name is Julia, and I am a graduate student in Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, primarily studying gastrointestinal diseases of dogs and cats. I am originally from Oregon, but I've lived in several states and enjoy traveling. Other hobbies include home brewing, bicycling, and gardening ("a day without dirt under my fingernails is like a day without sunshine"). My husband and I have five pets - two dogs and three cats - and we all look forward to meeting you!