Two connected houses, which combine to accommodate room for over 20 people!
We own 2 adjoined house which we rent out individually as well as together for really large parties. This listing is for both houses.
About the property: The property consists of 2 adjoined houses with 10 total bedrooms that can easily sleep up to 21 people. Unlike many old Italian homes which can be small and cramped, our newly built houses were designed with comfort in mind. Piano Giorno (the 'day' floor), is one great room consisting of the living area, dining room and kitchen. The extra large french doors reveal beautiful views and allow you to enjoy the Tuscan country side without leaving the house. It makes the perfect setting to gather, cook, dine, and talk all while enjoying the beauty of Tuscany.
The location of the houses provides a great staging point to see the best of what Tuscany has to offer. The village is located centrally to some of the best sites in Tuscany. Florence (34 miles), Pisa (19 miles), Lucca (20 miles), San Gimignano (31 miles), Volterra (28 miles), the beach at Viareggio (39 miles) and the Chianti wine region (48 miles) all can be reached in under an hour by car.
We also have these houses listed separately:
House #1 - www.airbnb.com/rooms/413858
House #2 - www.airbnb.com/rooms/778294
Getting to the Property: We recommend that people rent a car while staying with us to see the most of Tuscany. Our place is easily accessible from both the Pisa (30 mins) and Florence (45 mins) airport. However you can also make it work with no car. You can arrive at the nearby train station of San Romano or Pontedera and take a taxi or bus 10 mins to our place.
Our homes reside in the historic Tuscan village of Castel Del Bosco a part of Montopoli in Val d'Arno in the Province of Pisa. Within walking distance there is an amazing local pizza parlor as well as a small convenience store for the bare necessities and a bus stop. In the neighboring town, you can take a short drive or bus ride, to a full supermarket (10 mins) and bank (5 mins). There is also a major train stop within a 15 min drive in the neighboring town of Pontedera. From this station you have direct access to Florence and Pisa central stations, no switching of trains needed.
In addition to the comfortable interior, the houses have several balconies and patios area for enjoyment of the outdoors. They are decorated in traditional Tuscan style but with all of the modern amenities.
The houses are newly built attached homes, completed in 2008. The house is part of a new housing development in the village. There are some houses in the development the are not yet complete however construction is currently on hold. The houses sit on the northern edge of the development on a hill with an unobstructed view of farmland in the Arno river valley.
RENTAL RULES & GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Smoking: Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. Rental Party: People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. Pets: Pets are NOT allowed.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
7. Garbage: Guest is responsible for removing garbage and putting it in the dumpster as per directions at the house.
8. Dishes: The guest is responsible for placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher and running the dishwasher prior to departure. The guest is responsible for all other dishes to have been cleaned and put away.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS, & CHANGES
9. Refunds: No refunds will be issued on wholly- or partially-unused portions of the Rental Term, including late arrivals, early departures, and no-shows. If the Guest cancels for any reason whatsoever after making any payment, that payment is forfeit by the Guest.
10. Changes: A change of term or dates may be considered a cancellation, at the sole discretion of Homeowners.
11. Reservation Size: The reservation is for a certain number of guests and the guests’ vehicles. We require prior
notification of any increase in the size of your party, and reserve the right to refuse rental to a larger party.
Hello and welcome from the Conserva family! Our family has 2 properties in the village of Castel Del Bosco. Throughout the year we rent out the properties to families from around the world. When we are in town we enjoying renting out single rooms to couples and individuals. We love meeting new people and sharing the Tuscan experience with them.
Fabrizio and Nora, split their time between California and Italy. Fabrizio grew up in Castel Del Bosco as a boy. He met Nora while she was traveling through Florence over 40 years ago! If you rent an individual room you will be greeted by Fabrizio and Nora.
Max, the son, lives in San Francisco for most of the year. I help out with coordinating the guests. I just returned from a 4 month trip traveling throughout Italy.