XVth Century Cave-House in the emblematic neighborhood of Albaicin. Located down to 11th Century Nazarí wall & 100m walk from the heart of Albaycin.Ideal for couples/families.PERFECT CLIMATE CONTROL.Large terrace overlooking the Alhambra and the entire city:180ºrate balcony of unforgettable views & sunsets.You can't miss such a magical spot & one of the most beautiful viewpoints in Europe (even better than the famous "Mirador de San Nicolás").The complex is Universal Heritage of Humanity(UNESCO)
Located in San Miguel Alto, a cave-complex of International Interest, very valuable from the ethnographic point of view and universal heritage (protected by UNESCO).
The cave maintains a micro-springtime weather most of the year (around 17º C). The cave is cool when it is hot outside and warm at night when it's cooler outside. It breaths the temperature of the previous season, so then, in summertime it's cool inside and warm in winter. PERFECT CLIMATE CONTROL.
it holds a lovely and cosy rustic restoration. It´s an ideal refuge as to be welcomed by an ancestral feeling of serenity, enveloping you in the heart of the hill.
This humble & cosy home, constantly in progress of restoration, has taken a considerable extra effort on the physical and creative challenge assumed by the host, due to the dificult orography of the area where this magical & natural accomodation is integrated, half way up on the hillock of San Miguel Mt.
Stone, light and silence. A tale atmosphere. Sun, breeze and soil. A cool and secluding place to enjoy contemplative recreation. An intimate hideaway, sheltered by the natural elements, ready to bring about harmony to the couple. This place is a gem for your trip, and quite a magical spot, in a nutshell.
It has an area of about (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) at the terrace / 90 indoors) distributed in a preliminary living room-kitchen, two bedrooms, one bathroom and a large terrace overlooking the Alhambra, the old muslim Albayzín district and the city of Granada (the local Cathedral ahead over the horizon). You will literally seem to fly over one of the most beautiful sights in Europe.
- Free & huge PARKING LOT located on the meeting point: an hermitage or chapel called "Ermita de San Miguel Alto". Set that address on your GPS ((via "Carretera de Murcia")), since the paths down the hillock are not named & that's the perfect spot for you to enjoy either the Sierra Nevada views from the car park or the town sights from the Viewpoint/Mirador of San Miguel, while waiting -just a few minutes- for me to pick you up.
- Very bright indoors. Terrace ultrabright: no posible shadow will be cast down on the terrace unless clouds appear: All sun rays for you. Ideal for taking sunbeam, taking out your meal or practising Yoga facing La Alhambra and the whole city sights.
- Remarkable relief on cool temperature indoors while high temperatures in summer hits everywhere else; whereas it´s warm in winter. Caves enjoy a natural and perfect climate control. Warm in winter and autumn; cool in springtime and summer.
- Fireplace and fluid natural ventilation through handmade tunnels and windows for eventual natural humidity.
- All areas of the house are fully available to guests.
- Mini-fridge hotel-type.
P. D.: This place is not for everybody, let's put it like that. Like my guests usually write on comments: "Don't expect luxury, but do expect a very special experience and a confortable spot to be lodged for some days".
Общение с гостями
- Bed clothes and towels will be provided.
- Every couple/group of guests have a set of keys, to be delivered upon arrival and collected on departure.
- Bring your tennis shoes to confortably access this area, for it's not paved (gravel paths for about 7 minutes before reaching Albaicín or your car on top of the hillock).
Другие важные подробности
- Car parking lot within 100m. Accessible only by foot (either from nearby neighborhoods or car-parkings).
- Slope not-paved to the cave. See details in "get around". If you access from Albaicin, you must walk up a short zig-zag steep. But we meet up at the parking lot, so then, bring tennis shoes (no sandals:)
- Solar shower in the bathroom.
- Éste es un espacio de paz, y como tal debe ser percibido.
- Para fumar, se ruega salir a la terraza.
- Mascotas solo en el espacio doméstico exterior. Habilitaremos su espacio en la terraza.
- Fregar el menaje en uso.
- Discreción, respeto y sentido común en el manejo de factores propios de un ÁMBITO RURAL y RÚSTICO de AUTOCONSTRUCCIÓN.