This little mountain refuge offers guests the best of the Boulder experience. Do your thing in town, then head up the hill for a peaceful night in the woods. A studio retreat 15m from downtown + a world away, with views for miles & so many sparkly stars. Queen bed, stall shower, mini-fridge and your own private deck to enjoy.
Find this private studio above the garage, in a building separate from the main house. All yours to enjoy is a bright, open space with comfortable seating, lots of natural light, a new queen bed for sleeping (& additional 1-person cot available, if needed), new carpet, a stall shower and bathroom. A small refrigerator keeps drinks cool and snacks close by. Wind down the day on your own deck under the trees!
Guests have the entire space to yourselves, indoors and enjoy the attached deck as well :)
Общение с гостями
We'll of course say hello if we spot you in the driveway, but will otherwise leave you to do your thing uninterrupted. Need something during your stay? Don't hesitate to give a shout...happy to help if needed!
Другие важные подробности
Two mountain living reminders:
- Leave no trash or food outdoors. Bears, mountain lions, foxes and other furry creatures abound! Keep car windows up and doors locked (bears will happily enter if they smell something enticing!).
- Noise travels easily across the wide open spaces of the hills. Keep volumes low to better revel in the sounds of nature and respect the neighbors.
- Two important notes on mountain safety:
- Well and septic make up our water system. Nothing should go down the toilet besides pee, poop or toilet paper. All other refuse, human or otherwise, goes in the bathroom trash/recycling cans pretty please.
- Forest fires are a scary thing. Do your part to keep the forest safe. If you decide to smoke, vaporizing methods are preferred. Any source of ignition requires much care in this high fire risk area; be smart, watch your ash, and dispose of butts appropriately. Absolutely no smoking indoors.
With our lives and experiences informed by the world around us, travel is an amazing way to push beyond ourselves, and find our edges. I love the sides of me that come out when I travel, and enjoy meeting travelers on a similar journey. Whether finding your best self, trying things your normal rhythm doesn't include, or just finding some quiet space away from the hum of our lives, a change of scenery does wonders. Get out there and play!