I never ended up meeting Javier in person as I believe he was on vacation during my stay, but he seemed very nice and pleasant over our Airbnb communication. He even gave me directions for the best way to get to the flat from the Orly airpot. The arrival process (door code, keys, etc.) was very smooth and easy-- however I was disappointed in the flat and my stay overall.
For starters, the flat was a lot more cluttered than it appears in the images. I felt like I was staying in a college dormitory. Second, I was placed in a different room than the one shown (there are not even any images of this room in the ad.) This room was considerably smaller. There was only enough space for me to put my bag down and stand beside the bed. The window was hard to access which was frustrating. There was a hanger/rack in front of it which made it a bit difficult to open, plus this also blocked the light coming in. I do not think that it is acceptable to put someone in a completely different space than the one advertised (unless it is an obvious upgrade). I contacted Javier to ask why I was put in this room instead of the one advertised but he did not respond to this question.
The flat is on the 6th floor so it gets really hot in the summer. I wish that Javier had left the fan in my room or at least told me that it was available to use. During the first two days of my (3-day) stay I did not realize there was a fan and I had to keep the windows closed because of mosquitos flying in. So it was extremely hot and unpleasant to sleep.
Some other comments:
- The flat is on the 6th floor (I did not notice this when I booked, so take note if this could be a problem for you.)
- Location is very nice. Nice cafes on the neighboring corners. The Parc des Buttes Chaumont is a close walk away and very pleasant to spend a few hours.
- There is indeed an awesome view of the Sacre Couer from the kitchen window.
- This seems like the area to be if you want to get away from all the tourists in the center.
- There were other guests who were still there when I arrived (albeit a bit early in the morning, around 10 am). I guess this is not a huge problem but it was a little bit awkward. Felt a bit like a hostel (which is a feeling I was trying to avoid by finding an airbnb.)
I want to leave a more positive review because Javier seems like a genuinely nice person however I have to be honest about my experience. I think if the flat simply looked as it does in the photos, it would be so much more pleasant to stay in.