This is your own private basement apartment with a private entrance. In the heart of Capitol Hill, you are a block away from Barrack's Row restaurants & shops and a 6-minute walk to the Eastern Market Metro. With a walk score of 96 there isn't much you can't get to! Free on-street parking permit available, too, if needed. Please read the full listing and let us know if you have any questions.
This basement is in a house built in 1925 and we live above the unit with our two dogs so you will hear the floors joists squeak as we walk around and two sets of four-legged footsteps throughout the day. Although we insulated between the first floor and basement the five-year-old and three-year-old dogs are loud when running and playing upstairs (and dropping their toy bones). We let them be dogs during the day, but we keep them upstairs at night. The dehumidifier offers some great white noise. Once it is full you can let us know if you would like for us to empty it out.
The apartment features a queen-sized bed with memory foam mattress and a Crate and Barrel full sleeper sofa for up to four guests. The full sleeper looks like it is best for two children or one adult and one child, but we have had two adults sleep on it and there were no complaints.
General amenities include:
- bathroom linens
- bed linens, including extra linens in the coffee table/trunk for the sofa bed
- your own separate AC and heating unit!
- Smart TV with Netflix
- Private entrance
- Parking permit for on-street parking in Zone 6B/Capitol Hill (available upon request - pls send me your state and license tag number)
- two large umbrellas (we recommend you bring small ponchos that you can fit in your bag as you sightsee)
- four Metro Smartrip cards that you can load and use while in DC. Save the $2.50 (each) purchase price and $1 on each ride using these cards
- Reusable (grocery) bags by the door (save $.05 and the environment!)
- iron and small ironing board
If you are staying in, the kitchen includes:
- pots and pans
- dishes, drinking glasses, utensils
- cutting boards, serving bowls
- measuring spoons and cup
- toaster, microwave
- paper towels
- dish towels
- dish soap and sponge
- oven mitt, cookie sheets
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- coffee maker, coffee, tea, sugar, creamer
- wine and beer bottle openers
- Tupperware for your scrumptious leftovers
- Brita filter on the sink tap (we fill in the water jug in the fridge with filtered water)
(once in a while guests will leave refreshments in the fridge and we leave them for the next guests)
The bathroom includes:
- bath, hand, and wash towels
- toilet paper
- shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- blow dryer
- cotton and q-tips
We try to accommodate early check-ins and/or late check-outs, but the situation often depends on what times other guests will be in and out. Feel free to ask about checking in early/out late, and we can see what we can do.
We are more than happy to let you in ourselves if we are around or you may check in yourself if you'd like. Please send us a message once you check in and check out.
Please do not access the backyard, as the dogs are often out there.
Общение с гостями
My wife, two dogs, and I live upstairs and are happy to provide additional information in getting around the city. We provide a list of useful websites and apps to download to help with your stay in the gray binder in the unit.
Другие важные подробности
Let us know if you are driving so we can leave a parking pass in the unit. We will need your license plate's state and number before you arrive. The pass will allow you to park on the street in front of the house without time restrictions. Ensure you place the pass on your driver's side dashboard to avoid a ticket.
If you would like us to empty out the dehumidifier during your stay, just let us know.
Also, the electrical panel for the house is located in the unit. We make all attempts to access it when guests are not staying with us, but, depending on bookings, there is the slight possibility that we would have to access the unit during your stay. Of course we would coordinate entry with your schedule.
- No washing of our linens (esp with bleach!)
- Do not put linens you've used from the coffee table trunk back in to the trunk. This way we know they've been used and can launder them.
- Ensure that any items removed during your stay are returned before you leave.
- If something breaks, please let us know before you check out so we have enough time to purchase a replacement before the next guests arrive.
- Make memories and have fun!