This sweet little cottage on our pond is your perfect mini vacation with direct access to one of CT's best kept secrets, Huntington State Park is steps away. Peaceful and quiet you can also hike, bike, kayak, x/c ski and explore the countryside.
Our little cottage on the pond behind our house was built around 1920. We have recently updated it and kept its beautiful rustic charm. We hope our guests will enjoy all that nature has to offer here. The pond and woods are filled with the peaceful sights and sounds of myriad birds, frogs and wildlife.
The entire cottage is yours for your stay and is very private save for the shared driveway. The path from the driveway parking to the cabin is about 125 ft. This is a family property with three houses including this cottage. Jamie and I live in the front house with our daughter, and Penny lives next door. You are welcome to stop by the house and chat or ask for anything you need. You are welcome to store any kayaks, bikes etc up near the driveway rather than haul them down to the cottage. We will show you the best spot to easily store any equipment you bring.
The yard surrounding the cottage and pond is yours to enjoy.
Общение с гостями
Either Jamie, Rose or Penny will greet you. We have some dogs that are friendly greeters as well but they are confined from the driveway by a fence. Sometimes they get out so be aware when pulling in and out of the driveway. We are very easy going and we love the outdoors so you will see us running, biking or paddling in Huntington Park if you decide to go there. I am a willing guide to the trails if I am available. Mostly you will be left on your own unless you need something.
Другие важные подробности
Heat is provided by wood-stove. We provide wood.
We cannot have guests stay for longer than one week. While we love all creatures, please no cats because of allergies.
We need to charge an extra 25.00 per night for pets. If you are bring your dog let me know and I will send you the special offer. I can supply a dog bed if needed. I supply dog towels. Dogs must stay off furniture please.
This cottage and pond is not child safe. There is no barrier to the pond. There are no safety features for children so they must be carefully watched at all times. Do not use the wood stove if you have small children. Thanks.
Pets- Please add all dogs as extra persons. We charge 25.00 /night per dog.
Extra person - 25.00 per night per person over 2 people
Security Deposit: we will use the security deposit as contingency fund for extra cleaning if the cottage is left dirty. Also if there are more than 2 people we charge 25.00 per person/ night. We welcome well kept dogs and charge 25.00 per dog per night. These charges will be deducted from the security deposit.if not paid for in advance
1. We recognize that our land is environmentally sensitive so you will not see much if any thing in the way of toxic chemicals used as pesticides, fertilizers or cleaning solutions. We ask our guest to respect this and will help them in any way they need to help take good care of the cottage and the surrounding property.
2. Smoking is not permitted on the property.
3. Heat is provided by wood stove. We provide wood.
4. Well cared for dogs are welcome. They should not be left alone in the cottage for longer than an hour. If they are left alone and barking I will need to call you to come get them. Huntington Park is a great place for dogs. Scoop the poop please.
5. Please do not let your dog on the furniture. I can provide a dog bed, blankets and towels for them if needed. thx.
6. All exterior lights (porch light and pathway) need to be turned off when not in use. There are lights for the pathway. Make sure you know where the switch is by the garage and on the cottage stoop in case you come home late. We like it dark and quiet here.
7. Our septic is sensitive so please do not throw any thing in the toilet except small amounts of the toilet paper (we provide). Sanitary napkins and tampons are a big no no and will cause problems if they go in to the toilet.
8. Please conserve energy and water.
I live in Redding CT with my husband, 12 y.o. daughter and two dogs. We love being outdoors and spend a lot of time sailing. I was born into a family of sailors and have been a professional in the marine industry for over 30 years. I love to travel and have friends far and wide that I like to visit. Jamie teaches high school English and a course on the 60's. He probably loves sailing more than I do. I know he has read more sailing stories than I have. May likes to dance, swim and read. We love good healthy food, fresh air, clean water and friendly people. We are active, healthy and we have a broad "comfort zone".
I prefer "traveling" over "touring" so I enjoy the personal aspect of being an Air BnB guest and the familiarity that it allows.
Our home is open to friends and family and we love to host impromptu gatherings, usually involving a feast and a trip into the park either paddling on the small lakes there or x/c skiing, sledding and skating in the winter. We are fortunate to have this lovely little cottage available to host Air BnB guests and offer them a comfortable place to stay while visiting our little hamlet of Redding and the surrounding area. I love to help so I am happy to accommodate you. Mostly, we will leave you to your own devices but honestly, feel free to knock on my door if there is anything you need!