Lovingly-tended perennial gardens surround our fully-restored and updated 1930s cottage. Relax in the comfortable, modern open LR/DR or retreat to the stylish screened-in porch to enjoy the spa, lounging and additional dining area. Sit in the garden to experience the wonders of nature in our woodlands landscape.
We love our home and are so happy to share it with you! For the benefit of all involved, we kindly request:
- no smoking inside the house OR the enclosed porch
- please keep noise levels down as our neighbors are nearby
- do not use abrasive clothes or cleaners on the stainless steel appliances (stove, fridge) and use the cutting boards provided (please!)
- shut and lock all windows & doors when you leave
- please don't flush paper towels or hygiene products down the toilet! Toilet paper only. The Septic Tank thanks you.
- there are two window fans in the bathroom closet - feel free to use them; please remove them and lock windows when you leave.
- before enjoying the spa, read and follow the "Spa Safety Rules" (posted near the spa and in the Guestbook). Especially remember to avoid using glass containers in or near the spa, and to be careful entering and exiting the spa. Showering before entering the spa and being free of oils is a must.
- IN COLDER MONTHS: please turn the thermostat for the ELECTRIC BASEBOARD in the main living room down to 50 degrees before checking out, and close both bedroom doors (to conserve heat). When you check out, also switch OFF the thermostat to the propane stove (see detailed instructions in the Guest Book)
- please leave the house as tidy as you found it. Don't worry about stripping the bed linens or washing towels- deep cleaning and laundering of all linens is covered by your cleaning fee.
- please honor your check-out time on your day of check-out.
Hi! We are a creative, lighthearted couple who split our time between Brooklyn and Barryville, NY. Originally from the UK and Ohio, we met in NYC and love its 24/7 engaging energy, designs and culture. However, we also crave the woods and the river... so, when we aren't busy running our vintage furniture shop and high school classroom, we are grateful to be gardening, at a flea market, or kayaking down the Delaware River.