A tradionaly furnished cottage in the center of Linguaglossa , a small village on the feet of mount Etna,Unesco world heritage site, is the heaven of relaxation you have been dreaming of , set in a unique, enchanted centenary olive grove with a won
FOR STAYS OF ONE WEEK , YOU GET AWESOME DISCOUNTS ON EXCURSIONS TICKETS' PRICE ON TOP OF MT ETNA.
Description : A tradionaly furnished cottage in the center of Linguaglossa , a small village on the feet of mount Etna,Unesco world heritage site, is the heaven of relaxation you have been dreaming of , set in a unique, enchanted centenary olive grove with a wonderful view of Mount Etna. It is also fully immersed in a Mediterranean Garden. If you are lucky enough you'll be treated to a performance of Etna's lava pyrotechnics from the terrace. The cottage is in the garden of XVII century Noble House.
Layout : For 2 or 5 six people , 2 double bedrooms,one single bedroom , complete kitchen with fridge, comfortable living room 2 bathroom , washing machine, natural air conditioning, sunroom, terrace, grass garden, internet access, tv.
Main Attractions :
The location of the cottage let you to reach "Picciolo Golf club " ( 3 minutes) , the medieval city of Taormina ( 25 minutes ) ,Catania (35 minutes) Catania Airport(40 minutes) Gole dell'Alcantara ( 25 minutes ) the beaches of Giardini Naxos 20 o Marina di Cottone in Fiumefreddo (15 minutes) , the volcano Etna(north side 25 minutes)
Etna south - Rig. Sqpienza = 34 km / 45 min
Messina city center and harbour = 70 km / 55 min
Milazzo (Boats to Eolian Islands) = 100 km / 01h15 min
Siracusa = 110 km / 01h30 min
Palermo = 250 km / 02h30 mn
2 minutes walk from the cottage: Linguaglossa train and bus station.
The cottage is in the center of Linguaglossa, near lot's of icecream maker, patisserie, 3 restaurants, a butcher's shop , grocery shop. Everything you need is within a short walk among old fascinating building.
Lady Angela who has been the main Cook of the Estate for the past 15 years will teach you how to make bread from scratch, old sicilian cuisine recipes and to make fresh sicilian strawberry gelato.
ARTISTS RESIDENCE PROGRAM
We firmly believe in the celebration of diversity. We value cultural exchange and mutual understanding across people, nations and borders. We thought Etna house of Stone as a meeting place and space for creatives, artists and writers. Here, at Etna house of Stone, surrounded by jasmine trees, roses gardens, wine yards and olive groves, creatives can enjoy an inspiring place to stay and a suitable working-space for their work.
We can also provide a lunch OR dinner delivery service:
3 courses meal for 4 people , 100 euro per day
Menu are flexible and typical sicilian/mediterranean cousine culture.
* During winter time an additional fee of 25 euros per day will be applied.
-the price includes free visit of the XVII century house
FOOD and WINE PROGRAM
* You can also have the possibility to eat fresh vegetables and fruit , cultivated in our field
Etna wine tasting
mountain bike rent
Mount Etna excursions
Gli ospiti hanno accesso al giardino mediterraneo, al vigneto e uliveto. Potranno assaggiare le ciliegie nel mese di giugno
Общение с гостями
Lady Angela, the main cook of the estate is always ready to tell you old secrets about sicilian cusine, walk with you in the garden and introduce you to Meditarannean herbs and their beautiful treats!
We also offer wine-tasting class with certified wine taster master , dinner or lunch in our wine-yard.
Just general respect of the premises and of the other families living near by is what we ask.
If you have a pet and it is well educated please let us known. The only thing we ask in this case is that your pet won't cause any damage to the house or the garden.
By renting Etna House of Stone in Linguaglossa you are also accepting the following terms and conditions.
You agree as follow:
- Not to assign sublet or part with or share the possession of the premises or any part thereof without first obtaining the consent in writing of the landlord.
- To permit the landlord or his Agent at all reasonable times to enter the premises and examine the state of repair and condition thereof.
- Upon receipt of reasonable notice in writing to permit the landlord or his Agent or Workmen at all reasonable times to enter the said premises and examine the state of repair and condition thereof and to-to effect such repairs or renovations to the premises or adjoining premises for which the landlord may be liable.
- Not to damage or injure the property or the landlord's contents or make any alteration or addition to it. Any redecoration is to be made only with the prior written consent of landlord or his Agent.
- To keep the interior of the property and the contents in good and clean condition, damage by accidental fire and reasonable wear and tear excepted, and to keep the property at all times well and sufficiently aired and warmed during your stay.
- To immediately pay the landlord or his Agent, the value of replacement of any furniture or effects lost, damaged or destroyed, or at the option of the landlord, replace immediately any furniture or effects lost, damaged or destroyed and not to remove or permit to be removed, any furniture or effects from the property.
- To leave the contents at the end of your stay in the same places in which they were positioned at the commencement of your stay.
- Not to do, or permit, or suffer to be done in or on the property, any act or thing which may be a nuisance, damage or annoyance to the landlord, or to the occupiers of the neighbouring premises, or which may void any insurance of the property or cause the premiums to increase.
- To replace broken glass in doors and windows damaged during your stay.
- Not to alter, change or install any locks on any doors or windows in or about the property, or have any additional keys made for any locks without the prior written consent of the landlord or the landlord's Agent.
- Not to use the property for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- To pay and compensate the landlord fully for any costs, expense, loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Landlord as a consequence of any breach of this Agreement on the part of the Tenant and to indemnify the Landlord from and against all actions, claims and liabilities in that respect.
- To notify the landlord, or the landlord's Agent, promptly in writing, of any disrepair, damage or defect in the property, or of any event which causes damage to the property, or which may give rise to a claim under the insurance of the property, or of any breakdown of appliances. Failure to do so may result in the guest being liable for any subsequent damage.
- Not to glue, stick or otherwise fix anything whatsoever to the exterior or interior walls, doors, windows, floors or other surfaces of the property without the landlord's written consent.
I am Maria and live in Sicily. I love my region and if you will come to sicily I will be glad to welcome and host you. I do love gardening, in particular rare plants and orchids. I love reading and art. I love meeting people from everywhere.