In the heart of the leafy Whalley Range Conservancy, an easy commute to the airport or city centre, and close to Chorlton, our lovely neighbourhood offers the perfect combination of village tranquility and easy access to Manchester's cool urban vibe.
My sweet little home 'Felicity' is a traditional 1920s house and has a very special history. With its original solid wood floors and stained glass bay windows it's sunny, warm and full of the charm of its era while being contemporary and very cosy.
Small but perfectly-formed with a cosy small double bed, this guest-room is a sunny little gem, overlooking the garden. Enjoy soft and comfy down bedding and pure cotton or linen sheets and covers, a kettle and teas, coffee and drinking chocolate. You'll find a jug of fresh water and complimentary juice waiting for you on arrival.
As you may have read on my profile and reviews, cooking is both my great passion and also a core part of what I offer my guests to order: healthy, wholesome and filling, home-made breakfasts and brunches; lunches to go; and suppers. Full details below:
If you wish to have breakfast you can choose the 'basic': pastries, yoghurt; juice; fruit; cereals, home-made bread and preserves, with tea or coffee for £4 per person; cooked English breakfast for £5pp; or the full works brunch: the basic plus eggs, sausage, etc for £7.50pp.
Customised for you and packed for work or picnics for onward travel: £4.50 for 1 person or £8 for two people.
Made fresh daily depending on the weather/season from fresh, local and seasonal ingredients; salads, stews/casseroles or hearty soup and artisan bread or rolls for £6 for one person or £10 for two people.
If you would like to book breakfasts, packed lunches or suppers on any of the days of your stay, please let me know when you book, or up to two days before you check in, along with any special dietary requirements or preferences (for example, vegetarian or vegan, Halal, a food allergy - or simply a hatred of something in particular, like tomatoes or mushrooms)
Общение с гостями
My aim is to tailor each guest's experience in my home based on their needs and preferences - whether they're visiting the city on their own for a break and need lots of engagement and support; in town for work and want to chat over dinner in the evenings; or a guest who just wants to enjoy the peace and quiet of their own room.
Другие важные подробности
A) We have a very sweet but nervous rescue doggie called Margeaux. She is a shy and gentle giant who loves people and is very friendly. Sometimes we also have our darling former foster dog, Gussie (a little terrier) with us - for a day visit or holidays when his new family are away. The dogs are not allowed upstairs or in guest rooms, so you won't need to worry that you will return to find a little hairy friend trotting around in your room or curled up in your bed.
**B) Please note that I'm afraid the kitchen is not available for guests to use for cooking or preparing meals - unless you are here as a long-term guest (10 days or more). The reason is simply that as I am already pretty-much constantly busy in a small kitchen space with laundry, dishes, preparing, cooking and serving meals it is simply not practical. Each guest-room has its own own kettle, mugs, tea, coffee and sugar. Guests may not cook or prepare meals in the guest rooms.
This is a home - and a grown-up, peaceful one, so I assume that all of my guests will behave accordingly... the normal things one expects:
- leaving the bathroom in the lovely clean condition you found it in. I thoroughly clean the bathroom every day and check (and replenish it whenever necessary) at regular intervals during the day - but naturally I can't always get in there between each guest;
- putting the seat down on the toilet when you are finished;
- rinsing the tub out after you shower - no-one wants to bath in someone else's dirt or hairs;
- being considerate towards your fellow house-guests if you return after 10pm by being very quiet; and no showering after 11pm;
- not talking on the phone or (website hidden)/playing music late at night.
- not bringing take-aways or making foods - especially strong-smelling dishes such as curry or fish and chips into guest bedrooms. It's not only unhygienic but also unpleasant for other guests. I offer meals to order in the house or there is a huge range of lovely local places to eat and drink, both in our neighbourhood or in the city centre.
- please see note ** in the 'Other things to note' section of my listing re use of the kitchen
It goes without saying that there is NO SMOKING anywhere inside the house. Anyone smoking in the house will be asked to leave IMMEDIATELY.
У этого хозяина 294 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы