Lovely apartment + very comfortable, especially beds and bathrooms. A++++ location.
• No more than mile or 1.5 miles from Vatican-Colosseum-Spanish Steps-train station.
• Easy access to lots of bus routes.
• Around the corner from Capitoline Hill/Vitt Emman. monument, which is the center of tourist Rome.
• Only a block from Tiber River, which is a lovely bonus.
• The old "ghetto" is quiet + very evocative neighborhood, full of medieval alleys & secret piazzas.
• Local Roman-Jewish restaurants are really good and a nice addition to the more traditional Italian cuisine. Our single best meal in Rome was at Ba'Ghetto, right on our block.
Couple notes: 1) the street in front of apt is often closed to traffic. Getting there our first time from airport was confusing, since taxi/car couldn't get there and needed to drop us off elsewhere. But that also means it is much more quiet than other streets.
2) Please do walk across the river to Trastavere for dinner or to explore.
3) Do find the PAM grocery store on Via Delle Botteghe Oscura -- 5 minutes walk once you figure out the alleys, *very* well equipped, and open till 10PM.
4) The second "bedroom" is a sofa bed next to the front door, separated from the rest of the apt by a screen. It worked for us, but might not for you, esp. since the main front door opens there.
5) I appreciate Roberta arranging a car to meet us at airport. Same price as taxi so worked out well for us.
6) Ground floor (e.g. no steps!), if this is important to you -- lots of these old buildings don't have elevators.
7) Decor in apt was lovely -- lots of art + nice furnishings, but low-key and not overdone.
In short, this was a great combination of lovely apt with lovely furnishings, responsive host, interesting neighborhood, quiet location, and super convenience.