This will be an honest review.
1. Location: Tram 2, 6, and 44 are just below the house, unfortunately they were all cut due to a major construction work during our stay; the nearest tram 46 requires a 10-min walk; Work finished in Sept as we asked the kind construction workers;
2. Room: spacious. This is a shared building, much like a university dorm, so you’ll have a private room and a shared bathroom, balcony, and a huge kitchen with your floormates. We met a guy from the 1st floor when we were having dinner. Great if you want to meet new friends and chill. There is a laundry room at the 1st floor as well;
3. Bathroom: Badly ventilated. The fan didn’t work and the shower gave just enough amount of water for you to clean your body. Prepare to spend more time in washing the soap away;
4. Wifi: Many, great reception, poor speed;
5. Neighbourhood: due to the construction work, the traffic was directed to the alley below the house where our windows are facing. It gets really annoying when cars with high volume of music or horse power running by at night. The noise keeps up after 11pm. Bad for photographers who need to get up early for morning shots. The neighbourhood is very residential, so there are supermarkets, food stalls, bars, and boutiques all around. Isn’t an affluent district obviously and there are interesting (not dangerous i guess) people around;
6. Host: We never see Alfon and we mainly msg over airbnb. Very much disappointed for not being informed about the construction at the beginning. We walked about 1km with our luggage and spent an hour to figure out the way home as the info given by Alfon ON OUR WAY to Vienna was false info. He suggested us to take tram 2 which would be convenient only before the construction. Quite sure the msg was copy and paste without considering the construction. We couldn’t meet him because he was IN THE MOUNTAINS when every hosts we met before at least informed us about they would not be there to greet. We never meant to be demanding but at least if I were the host, I would inform the guests for the possible inconvenience that might happen. At our side, we have already done our best to keep our hosts informed for we put up our itinerary a day beforehand and fetch any update as soon as possible. We are very disappointed with the attitude of the host. An okay house, poor communication.
7. Little tips for traveler: food stalls nearby sell pizza for 1.50 Euro while those at the center sell 3.00/slice; same for kebab box, 3.50 from nearby stalls, 5.00 from center… And never buy concert tickets from people with Mozart wags, they sell euro 35/ head, box office sell 6-7 euro only (even cheaper for standing ones)…
Have a nice trip.