Less than one minute from JR Settsu-Motoyama sta. 10 min from Center of Kobe (Sannomiya) and 20 min from center of Osaka (Osaka). Beautiful neighborhood with fantastic coffee shops and restaurants. A short walk to Rokko Mt. Incredible location!
The building itself is a 13-story grey brick apartment, and is basically on top of Settsu-Motoyama Station, which lies 10 minutes from the center of Kobe and 20 minutes from the center of Osaka.
Our space is a small one-room apartment. It's very clean, with all new furniture, and is perfectly located in a very trendy neighborhood in Kobe city. There is a small kitchen space for cooking, but no large dining table or chairs; the space is too small to accommodate this and is therefore not ideal for those seeking to entertain. There is, however, a new coffee table that can be used to eat meals. This is a safe, clean place to hang your hat, keep your belongings and sleep in between going about your business while staying in Japan. The bed looks like a single (to save space), but has another single stored under it which slides out to form a double (note the mattresses are not bent or folded in any way so they retain their flat, comfortable shape). Alternatively, the second mattress can be placed on the floor, away from the bed for separate sleeping if desired.
You have the whole apartment to yourselves, of course. There is a closet for your belongings and a small entrance area where you are to remove your shoes. There are two places where you can store your bags: on the balcony or in a designated space near the entrance-way.
Общение с гостями
We certainly hope to meet you face to face, but we're sorry if we can't. In many cases, our guest interaction will take place online. We are not always able to meet our guests in person due to our professional lives. We can be reached by phone or email if there are any questions or concerns, and we will always do our best to assist our guests in any way we can.
Другие важные подробности
The bed is a space saver. It looks like a single, but the bottom slides out to form a double for sleeping. Alternatively, one mattress can be placed on the floor for separate sleeping if desired. The mattresses are not bent or folded in any way and so retain their flatness and comfort.
We have a pocket Wifi for you to use during your stay.
1) Please keep the noise to a respectable level, especially after 10:00pm.
2) There is a manned front office/window at the entrance. He is not a concierge so please don't ask him for anything. If he asks who you are, tell him you are "William's friend or William's guest" (just mention my name and that will be enough). Please don't mention "AIRBNB". This is a fairly exclusive neighborhood and airbnb isn't really mainstream yet. We do OWN this unit in the apartment building, however.
3) Please keep the apartment clean. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us.
4) Absolutely turn off all appliances, lights and water each time you leave the apartment.
5) There is NO SMOKING anywhere in the building. Not on the balcony. Not in the hallway. Nowhere. Please exit the building to smoke.
6) Sorry, we can't allow pets, even though we would like to.
I'm a Canadian living in Japan with my wife, Junko, and our two young children. We love to travel and spend time together as a family. PersonalIy, I love to read, go hiking, try new things (especially new dishes!) and golf, although I don't seem to have much time for golf these days. I run an English School in Osaka, and have two small children, so things are wonderfully hectic at the moment.
As Airbnb guests we are friendly and conscientious. We will always respect our hosts and their property and make sure it is as clean as it was upon our arrival. As hosts, we look to accommodate your every need and make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we possibly can. Looking forward to meeting you should we ever stop by your city for some fun, or should you ever drop by ours. Cheers. William, Junko and kids.