Charming top floor apartment located in a quiet and welcoming part of central Reykjavik - in walking distance of many of the city's best-known landmarks, museums & restaurants.
Great location, nice view and two balconies - ideal for northern lights gazing in winter. Free private parking.
110 square meter apartment in the heart of Reykjavik, featured in a local Home & Design magazine in December 2011 - with a view over downtown Reykjavik, the city's old harbour and surrounding mountains.
The apartment's interior is furnished with a mix of modern and vintage, creating a comfortable atmosphere.
This is our home for the majority of the year, so it has a homey feel to it. It also means the apartment is well equipped with kitchenware, children toys, books and music - we have a good vinyl selection of local and international pop, folk and electronica for you to enjoy via our living room record player.
We want you to feel at home at our home, and that enjoy your stay in Reykjavik. We provide all our guests with a printed Guidebook and online map with tips and information on restaurants, bars, museums, grocery shops, swimming pools and activities that can be found around our apartment and elsewhere in central Reykjavik.
The apartment consists of a large open spaced living room (with higher/vaulted ceiling) that includes a dining area, small TV corner and sofa area - from where you can walk directly out to the small but cozy living room balcony that features a table, three chairs and has a nice view over downtown Reykjavik.
The second balcony is accessible from the master bedroom and offers less of a view, but ideal to enjoy the evening sun during summer and stargazing/northern lights spotting in the winter. Both balconies are floored with artificial grass. In good weather, the living room balcony is ideal for 2-3 persons to enjoy breakfast or lunch - but both are rather small.
The kitchen is the best place to start your day if you like tee or freshly brewed coffee. From the kitchen, you have a view over part of the harbour area and Reykjavik's landmark mountain; Esja.
The bathroom is small but equipped with both bathtub and shower.
The apartment offers free private parking at the back of the house.
SLEEPING FACILITIES + THE SECRET ROOM
- The master bedroom has a king size bed (suits 2 adults).
- The 2nd bedroom has a 32/80 bed (1 adult) that can be extended to a 64/80 queen size (2 adults).
- The 3rd and smallest bedroom has 28/64 children's bed (suits 6-10 year olds) and space for an adult fold-out mattress stored in that room (or a rollaway bed which we have available). A baby cot can also be arranged and set-up instead of the mattress/rollaway bed. This room is small and ideal for children, storing your luggage or as a sleeping facility only for one adult.
*The couch in TV corner of the living room is not ideal for sleeping, as it is not a sleeping couch, but linens can be prepared for it.
*There is also a small "secret room" which can be accessed from the 2nd bedroom. It's long and narrow, with carpets on the floor - ideal for children to play in, and when we have guests children sometiime find it exciting to sleep in it.
As the listing above shows the apartment can host 4-6 persons; 2-4 adults and 2-4 children. But please make sure to review the sleeping facilities to make sure this works for you before booking. Thanks.
The whole apartment is for you to use.
The apartment features:
- Clean bed sheets, linens and towels for all guests
- Wi-Fi internet throughout the apartment
- Free private 24-hour parking at the back of the house
- Netflix, Hulu & HBO Now via Apple TV
- Selection of Icelandic music on CDs & vinyl
- Washing machine & Dryer (in basement)
- Espresso machine in kitchen
- Bathtub and shower
Общение с гостями
For any advice or assistance you might need, prior or during your stay, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone.
Другие важные подробности
We provide all our guests with a Guidebook (print out) and customized online map that includes information and tips on shopping, restaurants, activities and sights that can be found in walking distance from our apartment.
The layers/sections of the online Guest-map are:
- Best place for breakfast, brunch & lunch
- Swimming pools
- Art & Culture
- Bars & music venues
- Restaurants - 21 recommendations
- Vegan / Vegetarian restaurants
- Playgrounds for children
We want this to be your home away from home. But kindly ask you to follow these rules:
- Smoking NOT allowed indoors / ALLOWED outside on living room balcony.
- Please respect the neighbours and keep noise down from 10 pm.
- Feel free to play our vinyl records & CDs, read our books & magazines, use our kitchenware & spices etc.
- Please leave the apartment and its' interior in the same condition as when you arrived. No need to do a special cleaning. Thank you.
I like to travel and spend time with friends and family. I'm vegetarian that loves food, books and music - and my apartment has a good selection of Icelandic music on vinyl and CDs. I'm born and raised in Reykjavik and have plenty of tips on restaurants, museums, stores, activities & sights my neighbourhood and city has to offer.