Day 1 - Seeking giant tortoises
You will land in Baltra Island and cross the narrow Itabaca Channel to Santa Cruz accompanied by a bilingual naturalist guide who will take you to a farm in the highlands for a tasty lunch. You will then do a complete tour of the area, exploring various vegetation zones and microclimates, walking around pit craters, through lava tunnels and getting acquainted with endemic Scalesia and Guayabillo forests. At the Tortoise Reserve, you will observe the emblematic giant tortoises in their natural habitat and the abundant bird life of the highlands. Your tour will end at Galapagos Safari Camp where you can enjoy a sunset cocktail followed by dinner.
Day (Website hidden by Airbnb) Cruising to a neighbouring island
After an early rise, you will take a boat trip to explore one of the neighbouring islands (North Seymour, Bartolomé, Plazas, Santa Fé, Floreana or Isabela). Each island has its particular natural habitat and you will be guided through the evolutionary marvels of your destination. The Galapagos Marine Reserve is the second largest reserve in the world; you will be able to snorkel off the boat and experience the richness of the aquatic species. Alternatively, if you are SCUBA certified we can replace one or both day trips with diving.
Day 4 - Exploring the East
In the morning you will be driven to the eastern part of the island. At 490mts. above sea level, Cerro Mesa offers dramatic views, has the largest crater on Santa Cruz and numerous endemic plants as well as up to 7 subspecies of finches and the Vermillion Flycatcher. After lunch you will visit Garrapatero, a pristine beach where the contrast of mangroves, black lava, white sand and turquoise water, in addition to the buzzing coastal bird life and the small pink flamingo lagoon is sensational. Kayaking and mountain biking is available.
Day 5 - Sunrise walk and departure
On your last day you can tour the farm at your leisure or enjoy the sunrise from our viewpoint before your airport transfer.
Notes on the itinerary:
• No set departure dates
• Land tours are operated on a privately guided basis
• Boat trips run on a sharing basis not exclusively to GSC guests.
• Destinations and boat category are subject to availability
• This itinerary may change due to National Park dispositions or force majeure
• We strongly advise our guests to look into travel insurance in their country of origin
• Flights from the mainland to Galapagos can be arranged upon request.
• Accommodation and all meals from arrival
• Transfers & land transport
• Boat trips with snorkeling or diving
• Naturalist guide (private for land and shared for boat excursions)
• Activities and visits mentioned in itinerary
• Park entry fee or transit card
• Beverages and laundry