CASA PAVÃO is a true home from home for small families and couples who like space. The modern clay house with conservatory is set in an almost botanical garden with a lake-style swimming pool that is shared with the other two accommodations in the exclusive ecological country house complex SALGADINHO. It offers a fantastic view with sunset over the ocean and utmost privacy. Modern comfort includes a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, satellite TV, WiFi and central heating. Pets are welcome.
CASA PAVÃO is the larger of two modern clay houses in the exclusive country house complex SALGADINHO near S. Teotónio on the Alentejo coast. The individual interior decoration with wood, bamboo and rattan furniture creates a cozy atmosphere that makes the visitor feel at home. Built and decorated according to ecological standards, the house has a well-balanced interior climate with no need for additional air-conditioning, very suitable for someone who is allergy-sensitive. CASA PAVÃO offers full privacy with a fantastic panorama over the surrounding natural landscape, with sunrise over the hills and great sunset panorama over the sea, especially from the living/dining room and the adjacent conservatory, but also from the master bedroom and private terraces.
The modern facilities include an excellently equipped kitchen, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, CD player, efficient central heating, and a fireplace for atmosphere.
The spacious conservatory with additional dining table and a cozy corner with sleeping sofa is an extension of the living/dining room, and opens to a private lawn. A hatch links the dining area directly to the spacious kitchen. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed, enough space to put a crib, and a small private terrace. From the entrance hall wooden stair-cases lead directly to the 2nd bedroom, more precisely a sleeping loft (sloping ceiling) with full privacy, loved by children, but also liked by young couples and grannies. The twin beds may be turned into a kingsize bed by zipping the (orthopaedic) mattresses together. The bathroom with window has a corner bath tub with shower.
The private poolside terrace with a direct access to the swimming pool is surrounded by trees and bushes, and offers a marvelous view, too. It may be equipped with table and chairs for breakfast in the morning sun, or alternatively with sun-beds and easy-chairs.
CASA PAVÃO is ideal for a family with two children, two couples, or a group of friends. The sofa in the living room is a comfortable sleep for a 5th person, though obviously without privacy. In the warmer month, the sleeping sofa in the conservatory makes a good extra-bed, especially for someone who loves star-gazing.
CASA PAVÂO is part of Salgadinho, a Nature Tourism in the ancient yard of an old mill, with only 3 accommodation units, where the beauty of the surrounding nature meets the modern comfort of the accommodation;
Environment of privacy and great hospitality;
Panorama view over the hills of the Monchique range and down to the ocean from inside the accommodation and on the private terraces as well as from the swimming pool and the panorama terrace and BBQ area in the common space;
Night-illuminated swimming pool with 150sqm water surface and a sloping which makes it comfortable with young children and for elderly and allows direct by wheelchair, inserted in the surrounding almost botanical garden and natural landscape with a spectacular 360º round view;
Common space also includes charcoal barbecue with adjacent dining table and panorama terrace and lawn area with romantic seats under a huge willow.
• Laundry service available (modearte fee);
• Bicycles available free of charge;
• Sunbeds and beach utensils (towels, mats, foldable chairs, umbrella) are available free of charge;
• Swimming pool (diving depth) and private pine forest in the adjacent SÍTIO DAS ROLAS;
• Nature Paradise SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA, a mile further down in plain Ecological Reserve, a world apart with river and swan lakes, romantic hideaways in nature, forest trails and various animals in a natural habitat;
• Café with river-side and lake-side terraces and pavilion in SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA, offers snacks and dinner made to order (Portuguese, Thai, vegetarian, vegan and other healthy dishes):
• Professional massage therapy and other treatments based on Thai Traditional Medicine and Ayurveda in the "Thai Ayurveda Sala" in SÍTIO DAS ROLAS
Общение с гостями
• Fluent communication in English, German, Portuguese, and Thai; Basic French and Spanish, rudimentary Italian;
• Welcome breakfast available on the first morning (to avoid the rush to the supermarket just upon arrival, or in case of late arrival);• Special support to elderly guests and guests with reduced mobility (including wheelchair);
• On request pre-defined and specific service called "Personalized Travel Assistance" which may include shopping, transport services and accompanied beach visits and excursions;
• Information and advice about the region, hiking routes along the Rota Vicentina and local trails, proposals for day excursions and other activities, and information about local tradition and crafts.
Другие важные подробности
Firstly: Take the opportunity of a professional therapeutic Thai massage or an Ayurveda treatment in the “Thai Ayurveda Sala for Natural Therapies” located in the compound “SÍTIO DAS ROLAS”. At present, the facilities are still limited, but the process of developing into a full-fledged center for natural treatment is ongoing.
Secondly: Visit the Nature Paradise SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA with the Café "Perto do Paraíso", less than a mile further down in plain National Ecological Reserve. This nature paradise is a world apart where time seems to stand still and tranquility is felt. The forest, the river, the swan and lotus lakes, dozens of freely roaming peacocks and Guinea fowls, the chicken yard, bio horticulture and ornamental vegetation blend into a unique atmosphere that intrigues with a particular smell and calmness. The sounds of nature are the only “noise”. A slight deviation on the “Rota Vicentina”, halfway between Odeceixe and S. Teotónio, passes through the private forest of SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA and along the café.
У этого хозяина 70 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
After a long career in international development cooperation and in building construction, I felt in 2008 that it was time for a change. Being ecology-minded and owning two unique properties in a National Ecological Reserve - formerly sites of a water mill and a windmill, it was just one step to venture into a project of NATURE TOURISM. In the mean-time, SELÃO DA EIRA and SALGADINHO with the adjacent SÍTIO DAS ROLAS are among those "secret places" looked for by people who want to relax and revitalize their energy by getting in touch with nature, but also enjoy the modern comfort of high-standard accommodation, and who appreciate full privacy during their holidays. And I have taken the challenge to make the natural environment of our tourism and some of the accommodations truly accessible and enjoyable also for wheelchair users.
Not having lost the spirit of my original profession, I wish to contribute to a local development that preserves nature and benefits the people in this beautiful and still authentic rural area.
My guiding principle is ancient (Lao Tse): Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.