* Fully-furnished w/ a double bed
* Central & close to public transport
* Visa hunter, backpacker, traveler and ex-Erasmus hosts to share experience and empathy
* Weekly & monthly discounts (€75/week - €215/month)
* Spanish and Greek speakers encouraged, bonus discounts :)
* First and foremost; Please keep the common areas of the flat as clean as possible (You may use your room as you wish. Whatever happens in your room, stays in your room). Alright, we try our best to keep it clean whenever we're around but please keep in mind that we're not "offering cleaning service". We're just cleaning (and keeping clean) the place we share with other people and we'd appreciate it if you'd feel the same responsibility and take action. Especially for our long-term guests; we may have a cleaning schedule in which we'd appreciate your contribution. Please let us know in advance if you'd require cleaning service provided.
To be more precise, "keeping the flat clean means the following. Please:
- Take your shoes off *before* entering the flat.
- Do not leave the dishes unwashed and the stove dirty for more than 12 hours. Meaning, if you have breakfast and just delay the clean-up, make sure after-dinner is the time you take care of it the latest.
- Do not forget "food" anywhere, both in and out of the fridge. If it doesn't smell alright, just throw it away.
- Clean the shower once you're done.
- Clean the toilet once you're done. Leave no stains (Sorry for being this explicit, but unfortunately sometimes we need it).
- Feel free to wash and change your linen whenever you'd like (We'd recommend no often than once per week for ecological purposes), do not expect us to do it.
- Using the water pump might be a challenge from time to time, please do not leave puddles behind.
- Let us know if you need anything or if there's anything that disturbs you, so that we can try to find a solution. Also, please inform us if we run out of any of the toiletries or the cleaning supplies used for our personal hygiene and keeping the flat clean.
* Smoking within the flat is prohibited, and as there are no balconies or other similar areas, the only place to smoke would be outside. So, this could be your chance to quit smoking!
* Pets are welcome, details can be discussed depending on their needs.
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 5 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем всю сумму бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 5 дней до поездки, то мы вернем 50% стоимости всех ночей бронирования, кроме первой. Стоимость первой ночи не возвращается.
У этого хозяина 18 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Update 19/07/2017: We used to be superhosts for the last 2 years in a row, but as of 14th July have lost the title for 3 months, until the next evaluation due to low number of people hosted :-/ Nevermind, even though you won't see the superhost badge, we're still super hosts :)
Update 30/06/2017: Cihan got married and moved to Poland! Wishing him a very "happy ever after", I now live here with Piston (the cat).
So far, we've hosted more than 50 people from countries all over the world, like Austria, Colombia, Denmark, France, Iran, Libya, Mexico, Syria, Thailand and the United States to name a few. Expats, academics, Erasmus students, travelers, CSO workers, immigrants, researchers & interns have been our guests and now I look forward to hosting more!
Original text: We are 2 men having met back in 1995 in boarding school. We graduated high school after mastering "intercultural learning, sharing spaces and the living environment" in 7 years.
Currently, Cihan works outside Ankara (used to work at a youth NGO: Youth For Understanding) and Mert works as an expert at an EU Programme supporting civil society.
We both are native Turkish speakers fluent in English. Both have learned German during high school, which really did not help much (Sorry Ms. Helliwell, it's not you, it's us). Cihan graduated a French-speaking university (Galatasaray University) thus fluent in French as well, did his Master's in Sabancı University and is an ex-Erasmus student in France, whereas Mert is currently doing his PhD in Ankara University on gender. We're both social scientists, in endless discussions.
As we both did (and are still doing) international work for quite some time, we travelled a lot from Kenya to Sweden, from India to Gambia (We did not discover the Americas yet, unfortunately).
All in all, we both like traveling, hosting, being guests and intercultural exchanges. These four provide us a lot of insight on being welcoming and non-discriminative hosts to welcome you!