Room with double bed available when we're in town, full apartment often available as we travel frequently (see listing "Cihangir Penthouse - room w/balcony" for the single listing). Top floor apartment includes
- two bedrooms with double beds, and a modular couch that can either be two single beds or one extra-long double bed. One of the bedrooms is accessed via a curtain rather than a door, so has a little less privacy.
- stupendous Bosphorus/golden horn views from 2 balconies (see cihangirtreehouse [dot] (URL HIDDEN) for some more!)
- small sunroom and living room
- unlimited wireless
- wireless printer/scanner/copy machine
- spare mobile phone for guest use (free with deposit)
- kitchen with oven, gas and electric range, fridge, utensils, etc
- bathroom with washing machine, iron, hairdryer, etc
- good electric piano with weighted keys
- Weber grille on the balcony
- handy Istanbul orientation documents - borrow our Lonely Planet guides and browse our collection of excellent articles about Istanbul
No smoking inside, but there are ashtrays on the balconies (we don't smoke, but friends often do).
Located in Cihangir, Istanbul's artistic/bohemian hub. 10 minutes' walk from Taksim, thirty minutes' walk from the old city (or 5 minutes to the tram if you prefer). The apartment is on Cihangir's main street, with cafes, restaurants, bars, grocery stores, markets, and boutique shopping all around. Minutes from Istiklal St and all its shops, museums, and entertainment.
We are an academic turned video game designer and an economist turned entrepreneur, American but here since 2012 and 2009, respectively.
We ask only that you treat our place like you would a friend's. Please don't trash the place, and be willing to replace anything you might break. We welcome guests within reason (have a friend over for a drink, but we'd prefer you didn't bring home that person you met at Mini Musik Hall at 3am).