Phaedra's traditional stone house (greek: 'thimonia") consists of two houses on a triangular shaped site with several terraced levels to enjoy the spectacular view over Sifnos beautiful landscape, the Aegean sea and the Cyclades Islands panorama.
Phaedra's traditional stone house (greek: 'thimonia") was rebuilt and designed with all the modern conveniences, in order to be a comfortable retreat. The property consists of two houses on a triangular shaped site facing the Aegean sea. Hidden in the traditional pavements of the village, phaedra's thimonia can ideally accommodate 6 persons (and maximum 8). Inbetween and around the two houses a variety of outdoor areas on several terraced levels equipped with relaxing chaise longues set different and unique spots to enjoy the spectacular view over Sifnos beautiful landscape, the Aegean sea and the Cyclades Islands panorama. Various plants, flowers and herbs surround the traditional stone house and create an exclusive and inspiring ambiance. Both houses have traditional Sifnian stone floors, wood-beamed ceilings and distinguish through their different wall surfaces.
The residence consists of two houses with a common entrance. Both are completely furnished with storage places. The main house's wall surface is withewashed and has a total size of around 70 sqm. It consists of two cube volumes, the main one with the kitchen and the living area and a smaller one with a double bedroom (with a premium cocomat mattress) and the bathroom. In the living area two very comfortable bed-sofas (cocomat) may also host 2 more persons. In order to be independent, these guests can use a separate bathroom which is being accessed through the outdoor area. This house is fully equipped and features cooking appliances, a washing machine, wireless internet, a pedestal fan and more.
The smaller house has naturally exposed stone walls and provides a total area of around 46 sqm. in one big space. It has a double bed, two bed-sofas and a bathroom. The space is organised in two levels and the different functions (sleeping/living) are separated through a shelf. This house is also equipped with a smaller fridge and a stove in order to be independant for cooking/breakfast.
Air ventilation is being effected very well through the windows, through smaller frameworks integrated in the window frame. In the smaller house there is also a big ceiling fan.
Другие важные подробности
ACTIVITIES ON THE ISLAND
• Hike the ancient paths and surround yourself with majestic views of the beautiful blue sea
• Join islanders in a Panigyri festival to enjoy traditional food and dancing
• Visit the archeological site of the Ancient Citadel at Aghios Andreas, which dates back to the Mycenaean period (13th-11th century BC)
• Learn about traditional Cycladic life by visiting one of the three museums on the island
• Visit one of the many pottery studios and learn about the history of this traditional art form on Sifnos
• Swim at one of the many beautiful beaches (Kamares, Faros, Fassolou, Vathy, Poulati, Epta Martyres, Vroulidia, Chryssopigi, Platys Gyalos, Herronissos)
• Taste local food at the three-day Festival of Cycladic Gastronomy “Nikalaos Tselementes” in early September
• Rent a sailboat for a day and cruise the Cyclades
• Learn to cook a traditional Greek feast in one of the cooking classes offered on the island
• Join a guided group hiking tour of the island for Sifnian history, myths and legends
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)