Об этом жилье
The Moinho is a 2-story studio in an old windmill, a perfect romantic retreat for couples. It has a well-equipped kitchenette with a small dining area. The unit also includes a bathroom, private patios and a panoramic winter garden. Semi-private swimming pool (148m2, max +5 people), Wi-fi, Central heating, Panoramic conservatory, CD player, Barbecue. Suitable for children. Pets welcome with prior consultation.
O MOINHO is a two-level studio with modern comfort that has been inserted in the preserved walls of a former windmill. A perfect hideaway for romantic holidays or a weekend break, and ideal for single travellers. The handmade bamboo furniture creates a particular cosy atmosphere. The quarter upstairs offers a fantastic view including sunset over the ocean - directly from the bed. The kitchenette is very well equipped, and has a dining corner. The bathroom is with shower. Both the patio next to the entrance and the private wooden deck by the pool are eqquiped with table and chairs. The poolside deck has a stunning 360º round view over the garden and the surrounding hills and down to the ocean on the horizon.
The MOINHO is part of Salgadinho, a Nature Tourism in the ancient yard of the old mill, with only 3 accommodation units, where the beauty of the surrounding nature meets the modern comfort of the accommodation;
Environment of privacy and great hospitality;
Panorama view over the hills of the Monchique range and down to the ocean from inside the accommodation and on the private terraces as well as from the swimming pool and the panorama terrace and BBQ area in the common space;
Night-illuminated swimming pool with 150sqm water surface and a sloping which makes it comfortable with young children and for elderly and allows direct by wheelchair, inserted in the surrounding almost botanical garden and natural landscape with a spectacular 360º round view;
Common spaces also include charcoal barbecue with adjacent dining table and panorama terrace and lawn area with romantic seats under a huge willow.
• Laundry service available;
• Bicycles, sun lounges and beach equipment (towels, mats, foldable chairs, umbrellas) are available without charge;
• Access to the adjacent SÍTIO DAS ROLAS, belonging to the same tourism, with another swimming pool (depth to dive), private pine forest, pingpong, lawn for field games;
• Access to our Nature Paradise SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA, a mile further down in plain Ecological Reserve, a world apart with small river, swan lakes and lotus lake, indigenous forest, animals in a natural habitat, and romantic hideaways along the lotus lake;
• Café with river-side and lake-side terraces and a cozy glass pavilion in SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA, offers snacks, and dinner made to order, also vegetarian, vegan and other healthy dishes:
• Professional massage and other natural treatments based on Thai Traditional Medicine available in the "Thai Ayurveda Sala"
Общение с гостями
• Fluent communication in Englsh, German, Portuguese, and Thai; Basic French and Spanish, rudimentary Italian;
• Welcome breakfast available on the first morning (to avoid the rush to the supermarket just upon arrival, or in case of late arrival);• Special support to elderly guests and guests with reduced mobility (including wheelchair);
• On request pre-defined and specific service called "Personalized Travel Assistance" which may include shopping, transport services and accompanied beach visits and excursions;
• Information and advice about the region, hiking routes along the Rota Vicentina and local trails, proposals for day excursions and other activities, and information about local tradition and crafts.
Другие важные подробности
Visit our Nature Paradise SELÃO DA EIRA VELHA with the Café (see above)
Take the opportunity of a really professional therapeutic Thai massage, oil massage and/or herbal treatment in the " Thai Ayurveda Sala" with my daughter, an experienced doctor of Thai Traditional Medicine
Do not take the following simply as “rules”, rather as a pledge for your consideration:
A. We wish to make our guests feel happy and comfortable while staying with us. You will find not just an accommodation, but a friendly and cosy holiday home with individual decoration and ecological quality. Please help us to maintain this standard and atmosphere by being careful with what is handed over to you while staying with us.
B. No breakage deposit is requested, as I wish to trust that our guests will hold themselves responsible if causing damage. So far, this worked well. Please take the same attitude.
C. Cultural tolerance is the prevailing spirit in your place which is small, but cosmopolitan. So far we counted among our guests 22 nationalities from different cultures. Please see this diversity as an asset.
D. In general, you are kindly requested to be friendly and considerate with your fellow guests, and to avoid activities and noise levels that might incommode others. Be particularly mindful with persons with reduced mobility or other handicaps, if around.
E. STRICTLY refrain from indoor smoking.
F. Please keep in mind that you come to stay in plain nature and that all around is forest. Be conscious about fire prevention, especially when smoking outside and when doing BBQ, or during a picnic in our private pine forest and our Nature Paradise down in the valley.
У этого хозяина 55 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
After a long career in international development cooperation and in building construction, I felt in 2008 that it was time for a change. Being ecology-minded and owning two unique properties in a National Ecological Reserve - formerly sites of a water mill and a windmill, it was just one step to venture into a project of NATURE TOURISM. In the mean-time, SELÃO DA EIRA and SALGADINHO with the adjacent SÍTIO DAS ROLAS are among those "secret places" looked for by people who want to relax and revitalize their energy by getting in touch with nature, but also enjoy the modern comfort of high-standard accommodation, and who appreciate full privacy during their holidays. And I have taken the challenge to make the natural environment of our tourism and some of the accommodations truly accessible and enjoyable also for wheelchair users.
Not having lost the spirit of my original profession, I wish to contribute to a local development that preserves nature and benefits the people in this beautiful and still authentic rural area.
My guiding principle is ancient (Lao Tse): Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.