Charming, quiet apartment in the basement level of a 1929 Arts & Crafts Bungalow in Brookland: One of the loveliest neighborhoods in DC. Fully equipped kitchen, private bath, bedroom and living room. Stacked W/D in laundry room for use. The house is surrounded by roses, flowers and an herb garden. Use of the front porch, a backyard with adirondack chairs & glider under an old Japanese Magnolia tree. Street parking & a quick walk to both RED LINE Metro Stops: Brookland/CUA & Rhode Island Ave.
This Pied de Terre has its own entrance separate from the upstairs living area located on the side of the house which is well-lit. The space features a full kitchen, dining area, living room, lovely bedroom with full sized bed and soft linens, and 2 closets with Elfa system.
A flat screen TV is located in the living room along with an Ikea loveseat (that can be pulled out into an extra sleeping bed for a 2nd person) and chair, dining area with table/2 dining chairs and 2 windows.
Kitchen has 2 windows and is fully equipped: Calphalon cookware, dishes, glasses, silverware etc. Electric cooktop.
Large storage closet with Elfa system including drawers in the main hallway for luggage and clothing etc...
Great bathroom with window, Kohler fixtures and standing shower. Linens provided.
There is access to the front porch for sitting and the back garden with its lush greenery, flowers, herbs and veggie patch.
You will have the entire basement level of the home to yourself as well as access to the front porch and back garden. There is unzoned free street parking, tv/cable, wireless, and all of the basic amenities. A shared laundry area is just outside the apartment in the foyer area of the basement entry. Separate entrance at the side of the house with RING Video doorbell for extra security.
Общение с гостями
Owner lives/works from home and is just a text away. Happy to provide information about the city and advice, but if you would prefer to be left alone, that is fine!
Другие важные подробности
• Cookies provided upon arrival
• Tea Kettle (loose-leaf tea selection)
• Coffee maker (Kona coffee + a local grind)
• Small library of books and magazines.
• Water is 100% triple-filtered for drinking and bathing.
• This space is not recommended for guests taller than 6 feet. The ceilings are about seven feet tall. The head clearance in the shower is 6'4". There is one low-hanging duct in the hallway towards the living room.
• The mechanical room is next to the bedroom so if you are a light sleeper please note that you might hear the AC/Heat turn on now and then.
2 night minimum.
* Please message if you are interested in a weekly or monthly rental.
• Smoke-Free home, so please do not book if you are a smoker, even if you smoke offsite the smoke can carry back into the space via clothing etc...
• Absolutely no smoking anywhere in the house or on the property.
• Quiet time: 11p-8am (No excessively loud music/TV, especially at night)
• Check out: 9a-11am
• Please be sure to reserve correct number of people staying and include names of guests at time of reservation.
• This is a bug-free home so please be mindful of cleanliness. Store opened food in fridge and do not leave dirty dishes around space or in the sink.
• Trash is put out on Tuesday evenings for collection on Wednesday morning.
• Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, tissues etc... are provided, but we kindly ask that you do not take them since this is a home, not a hotel. Thank you!
Girl Entrepreneur with 2 businesses who's traveled the world. I own and run two business:. The first is a design agency so I work from home 90% of the time. The other business is a small tea company where I source loose-leaf teas from around the world. Many of those teas are available for enjoyment in the apartment. Coffee drinkers wont be left out. There is a coffee maker available as well!
About the house:
I have rented the apartment in the past to long term tenants, but after a full renovation, I decided to try AirBnB to host to a variety of people. I renovated the entire house including the basement level to my standards as if I would live in the space, so no corners were cut. I even installed a high powered water filtration system so you can drink right from the tap and bath in chemical free water. Its a lovely quiet part of the house.
Courageous cat who is pictured with me is part of the home, though she only stays upstairs with no access to the basement apartment. If you have cat allergies, another space might be a better choice for you!
Hope you'll stay and enjoy my lovely home while you explore DC.