Hurricane Irma didn't damage the property or the neighborhood. The house and businesses around are all open!
A bright two bedroom house all to yourself, including a small garden patio and lovely porch. The house is just steps from the beach as well as new hip restaurants, shops, and night life of Loiza St. It’s just a short bus ride to Old San Juan and super close to the airport too. Accommodates up to 5 people.
I decided to share my humble house on the island after staying with locals during a visit to Barcelona in 2013. I'm hoping travelers will have the same amazing experience I had while staying outside the tourist zone.
This is a perfect space for a couple, or even groups up to 5. Each of the two bedrooms has two twin size beds, and the beds can be joined in one of the bedrooms to accommodate a couple. An extra cushion will be added to make the join more seamless and comfortable, like a king size bed.
About the house and my story: I bought this house a few years ago to have a place near the beach and the quickly up and coming (yet down to earth) neighborhood of Calle Loiza. A place where I can walk to whatever I need, where I can go when I visit my home of Puerto Rico and ultimately where I hope to retire one day. The house is located in San Juan, where I went to art school some years ago. This is also a home where I gather old friends (and new) to cook and relax after a day at the beach. The house has typical ’70's Puerto Rican architecture, a characteristic of the working class neighborhood it resides in. It’s made of concrete, has old red terrazzo floors, a small backyard with plants and chairs, 11 foot ceilings that keep it fresh, and a big balcony facing the street and friendly neighbors. It's not a fancy house, yet I find beauty in it's simplicity and cozy atmosphere. It is what I was looking for and I look forward to sharing it with guests looking for the same vibe during their visit to the island.
Things you can expect in the house:
• Beach chairs for you to take to the beach
• Bicycle with lock (Feel free to use my bike for errands and fun, just make sure you lock it up with the lock provided. You are fully responsible for it.)
• AC in both bedrooms (No AC in common areas)
• Ceiling and floor fans in living room
• The house comes with an equipped kitchen, including:
• Gas stove
• Full sized fridge
• Coffee maker
• Plenty of dishes
• One bath towel is provided for each guest (Please keep them in the house. You’ll need to bring your own beach towel or if you’re packing light, you can find them in a local store for around $5.)
• Bar soap
• Hair dryer
There is 24 hour entry (after your check-in time). On arrival, you can find a black combination box, to the right of the patio door, next to the mailbox. Before check-in, I will contact you with the combination so you can retrieve the keys.
You have full access to the entire house, patio, and front porch.
Общение с гостями
I will not be able to greet you upon your arrival, I live in the US, but I am just a phone call away! I arrange for the house to be cleaned and ready for every visitor before arrival. You can text me with questions anytime!
Другие важные подробности
* There is no washer and dryer included but there is a laundromat only three minutes away and they have free wifi. They also have a drop-off service.
* Please bring any items you need that are not listed, I will not be nearby to provide them for you.
*Please read the house rules well.
• No loud noise after 10pm out of respect for my neighbors.
• Turn off the AC when you leave the bedrooms. Electricity is very expensive in PR and I appreciate your consideration.
• Please water the plants every two days, they feel the heat too.
• No food, drinks or wet suits on the couch. (Stains on blankets, beds, or the sofa that can not be removed will be charged to your security deposit.)
• No smoking inside the house, only in the backyard or on the porch.
• Bugs are common in the Caribbean, please keep the kitchen clean to prevent unwanted guests. :)
• Please DO NOT put flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. Plumbers are expensive and will be charged to your security deposit.
• Housekeeping is not provided during your stay, you are in charge of cleaning up during your time in the house, as if it were your own.
• Trash should be taken to the dumpster on the corner of Calle Loiza.
• Please do your dishes before check out.
• CHECK OUT is 11:00 am. Non negotiable. 11am-3pm is the only time I have to prepare the house for the next guest.