The flat is spacious, and your room is comfortable and ideal for short or long stay. I am in an area that is mostly families, but everything you need is around the corner, with bus networks a minute away.
Please read house rules before you book. Also, when you book one or just a few days before you arrive, please let me know of the time you arrive at the airport or port, and the time you are planning to leave.
Please keep in mind that we share the apartment : you have the master bedroom, and I sleep in another room. If there are 2 people sharing, there is extra charge (see prices).
In the master bedroom you will find:
- a high double bed and thick orthopedic mattress
- TV, hi fi unit, wireless internet, balcony
- clean linen and towels provided
- the price includes breakfast of your choice and cleaning
The apartment is in a well kept old building. The street is narrow and there is no special view but it is very quiet. There is also a living room balcony that overlooks a garden with trees and the back balconies of other apartments in the area.
I would be happy to suggest one-day or longer trips around places of interest or the islands, check prices, make enquiries, book tickets, and give you directions.
- about 12 minutes walk (or one bus stop away) from Victoria tube station
- 2 minutes walk from a variety of bus stops to various destinations
- 2 minutes walk from main street to city center, the largest park in central Athens - named Areos Park (see two last photos), and from the courts.
- large fresh fruit and vegetable street market, every Thursday.
- other facilities in the neighborhood included such as some supermarkets, bakeries, 5 screen cinema, gym, and a large pedestrian area with cafes and restaurants that are open day and night.
No restrictions on arrival and departure times. If the first you arrive I am at work, I will arrange for my neighbour to have keys for you and let you in. While you stay here, you come and go as you like. Very important: always let me know the times of arrival at airport or port and of departure. No time limit is set, but I need to plan my day and inform guests before and after you.
In the house, feel free to sit where you like, and make the most of your visit.
Общение с гостями
This is up to you, your schedule, your priorities, and my schedule.
Другие важные подробности
In cases of long stay, I clean the house and change bed covers and towels weekly. There is no extra charge for this.
You get three keys (main building door, apartment door, and a key for your room door. In the apartment I don't lock any door and there is absolute privacy and safety despite that. However, some people feel more comfortable with a room door key, so you can have one. In case the set is lost, you will have to pay for replacing these three keys and for changing the apartment lock - a total of around 100 euros.
If you break the rules or show disrespect to the room and the house I will contact airbnb and ask you to leave regardless of the penalty I may get.
- No smoking.
- charge for use of washing machine (€5 per load)
- No waste can be thrown down the toilet (this is a rule all around Greece) and you must always keep toilet seat down when you leave.
- Please, keep in mind in quiet neighborhoods there are "quiet" hours for afternoon rest, from about 14:30 to 17:30, and from 23:00 to about 8:30.
- No dragging furniture and generally you have to respect the people living below.
- No mess or untidiness
- I am afraid you cannot cook in the kitchen. You may make sandwiches, toast bread, have a salad, fruits, but no actual cooking. In cases of a long stay, we may discuss this on an individual basis. Still, you may not fry anything (especially eggs or fish), and you may not bring, wash, prepare, and cook fish at any time. Also, you must use a plate to snack, not take food to the bedroom, and when dealing with bread biscuits etc, you must watch for crumbs going everywhere. If you cannot be careful, please do not book me.
- You can have as many showers as you like, but please keep them short. It is not possible or affordable to have hot running water non-stop, or take a bath. I do appreciate your understanding on this. Also, if you have a boiling hot shower that steams up the room, you need to leave the window slightly ajar. The hot moisture damages the paint.
- No hot balms or similar products with powerful smell.