Close to public transportation, a single train ride to NYC. It is a dorm size room, fully furnished and nicely equipped with a lot of storage. large window facing the front of house. Share full bath and kitchen with 3 full timeworking professionals.
To maintain harmony in a multi-guest house environment, we have taken some rules in consideration learning from our experience in the past. We generally hope for guests with an honest nature and free of substance-abuse, who will fairly abide to the agreement of the following:
1. No drugs, including Marijuana, or frequent alcohol users please.
2. No smoking indoors please.
3. Please pay rent, fees, and utilities on time (or if any, damages of the property and belongings of others), or in case there is an outstanding balance that is not taken cared of through Airbb.
4. Please clean up after yourself after each use of the facilities in the shared areas. Wipe off stove, sink, counter & table tops in the common areas. If you have trash from your room, please take it out to the trash bins outside near the gate at the front of the house. Thank you.
5. Please keep areas clear by keeping your belongings in provided space as we have other guests in the house who needs to use the area.
6. Keep noise discreet, such as your children, pets during sleeping hours including talking, laughing, crying or walking with heavy footsteps. We have guests who works the graveyard shift & sleeps during the morning and afternoon.
7. Please always keep an eye on your children to avoid unwanted injuries. We do not have insurance and do not want unwanted accidents to happen.
8. Only 1 extra guest is allowed per room, 2 people maximum. There is extra charge for overnight guests. Please speak to Guest House Manager if you have questions with more people or have guests who wants to stay briefly with you.
9. Please stay out of others rooms and belongings.
10. Never leave cooking, lit candles, or water running unattended.
11. Check out: Please return the room without damages. Remove all your belongings from the room, bathroom and kitchen cabinets, and remember to return all keys to the guest house manager.
У этого хозяина 16 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Welcome to Monica's Design & Art Residence!
We are located near Bronx Zoo at 180 street station on the 2 & 5 Express train, north of Manhattan, 25 minutes ride to midtown.
You can find me, like me, message me on my 'f-b' page by searching "Mon Liu Designs Studio & Art."
Here's some information about me:
I am a Property Manager, Interior - Architectural Designer and a Mix Media Artist. A mom of a very friendly - adorable 4 year old boy whose working from home while managing room boardings, making art. I host home and travel art groups for people whose looking to connect with other artists, individuals or families. Checkout my site on: Monli
According to the 5 things Airbnb rule:
1. I LOVE to travel and learn about different cultures of other people in all parts of the world. Knowing where they come from and appreciate their lifestyles.
My goal is to co-house and unite all of us in this country. See others as we see ourselves and we will be all related one way or another.
2. I can't live without my son who makes me laugh all parts of the day. Our bond had grown to be significant part of my life and he inspires me to be the best I can be.
3. My favorite thing to do is to wake up early morning, cook aside and have breakfast and a cup of morning tea/coffee with my housemates. If I'm by myself I would meditate, do yoga, soothing music, and gather my thoughts on new coming design projects I'm working on, and prep meals, chores and errands for the day.
4. I-Love-Yoga! I wish one day I will rent to someone I can practice with daily because my yoga studio is too far away all the way downtown, I get to go but not as often as I wish.
5. Lastly, having healthy gals and work toward success makes me want to wake up everyday.
Q: What's it's like to have me as a host?
Ans: For one, We are NOT a guest house. We normally function as long-term co-housing, so we function as a facility of independent individuals sharing common areas like the eat in kitchen, bathroom, backyard & patio, front and back porches.
Most of the residents here are long term 6 month to a year boarders. I consider managing this house as one of my hobbies. I like blending with people but A. please don't come knocking on my door for internet password at 11pm at night, I'm best reached by text message and if I dont reply it means Im unavailable..!
B. We are all adults and we dont live at home where mom cleans up after us, trash goes into the trash bin not the recycle bin. What's most important here is that we ask our roommates and guests to develop healthy living habits, clean up your own mess after each use of the facilities.
C. Try to eat in the common areas and lesser in your room so we can be sure no pestie friends comes uninvited. Make the best use of the facilities so all our housemates can enjoy the space as you would.
Q: Whats it like meeting me?
Ans: Well, Im Real. If anything you would notice about me first is that Im not the type to 'fly by the seat of your pants' but I can be shy in the beginning. Im a person who like to socialize and have fun but I have my share to be responsible for. you'll notice that I am pretty careful with how I choose someone to let in our space, my longterm housemates will tell tou that and they feel safe because I am that way. I think you have to these days, especially with such fragile-swift online transactions (excuse me I'm not lying, I just bought a $300 coat on a touch of a button the other day!) and when you're a mom and a housing provider you must be able to protect your child and your environment. If you are renting directly thorugh us, we require renters to go through a moderately intensive signing of the terms and conditions prior to staying in the house. It is documentation of the dos and don'ts so that you me and everybody else in the house can have a peace of mind.
Once you move in, you'll notice that as long as you are an honest, ALCOHOL and SUBSTANCE ABUSE-FREE person (No drugs or frequent alcohol users here.!) who would fairly abide by our agreements such as - pay rent on time, keep the place clean, and that you are allowed to bring in 1 guest no more than 2 nights a week or (get charged for an extra person per day according to your monthly cost), stay away from others property. Becareful with fire and water running in the house or you will pay for the damages.
If you can keep up with all that, you are pretty much freedom on your own.
Some people find me serious when at work than intended as I have way too much responsibility, well I am a 7-bedroom-housing-manager-entrepreneur-interior-architectural-designer-artist-mom.... list goes on.
In truth, I love having a meal or beer together by the fire pit (my roommate says she'll build one but she left before that happened haha), look at the stars at night, have some good talks and laughs outside of the business relationship! Btw, I am human.
About my experience on Airbnb, I had been renting 8 years out of C-list NYC. you usually can find my postings by these keywords: "180 ST.STATION 2/5 TRAIN".
Don't forget to like our fan page on "f-b" by search: "Mon Liu Designs Studio & Art".
I'm not quite use to this site as I'm use to more acquainted to lengthy term rentals and between months, Airbnb is a little more sporadic than my intent so I use it on occasion when we have rooms available.
My favorite self-made quotes on life -
"Sure I'll let you use my backyard as long as you leave a collateral and return it the way you got it".
"I build on failure and use it as a stepping stone to succeed my dreams bc failure is the mother of my success. Without it success will not be born."
"Never let others dictate your direction because you are the only one in the world who knows what you want. So don't cheat yourself."
"Don't let others make your heart hard. Life would be nothing without genuine, joy or laughter."