Private entrance to a spacious living room (queen sleeper sofa), bedroom (queen sized bed) and private bath all on your own separate floor of the home. There is no door on the staircase between the downstairs (your space) and the upstairs (our space) but we'll access the outdoors via our own entrance while you're here. Large windows with a view of the ranch and lots of deer, elk and wild turkeys. Also, there's a microwave, an electric teapot, a coffee maker and a small fridge for you to use.
Get a feel for the real Colorado. Small ranch in the mountains with deer, elk and turkeys seen up close most every day. Plenty of privacy and room to hike and enjoy the outdoors on the ranch.
The bottom floor of the house has a separate entrance and is connected to the upstairs via an open stairway at one corner of the living room. On the bottom floor there is a living room with a queen sleeper sofa and a table and chairs. There is also a large private bedroom with a queen bed and a private full bath. We've equipped the living area with a tea kettle, microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge in case you want to fix some of your own food. There is covered parking for your car and an RV shed if you should need it. (Please review the pictures section for additional details about the space.) The hosts live on the second floor above the rental space. We are sharing our house and there is no door in the stairway from the first floor to the second floor, so be prepared for the sound of steps or muted voices from our area and we'll be quite okay with the same from yoursl
We also have a nice shady area with a BBQ and chairs set up for guests who'd like to cook out or just listen to the wind whisper through the aspens and watch the stars come out.
Guests are welcome to hike or bike anywhere on the acreage (please respect the wildlife - this is a refuge for them) and there is covered car or RV parking available. Everything in the guest area is on ground level - so no stairs.
Общение с гостями
Owners will be present upon arrival and (for the most part) available to talk with guests about local activities, conservation/restoration efforts, wildlife on the ranch and directions if you'd like.
Другие важные подробности
- LGBTQ and 420 friendly - all nationalities, races and religions welcome
- No smoking in the house.
- No Pets
- Check-in after 8pm must be agreed in advance of booking
- This is a working ranch. We are up early and in bed early - late night check-in times don't work for us. There is a garden, an orchard and forest to tend, so guests should expect a certain amount of activity in the kitchen by about 7am and outside with the truck, the ATV, the tractor and the chainsaw during the day. We'll try to keep it fairly quiet until after 8am but we do have work that has to be done during daylight hours.
- The ranch is in a forested wilderness area, so please have modest expectations of the internet speed and cellphone service.
- The downstairs living area has a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and electric teakettle; no stove, dishes, utensils or kitchen sink.
- Staying in a mountain home is different from a city house or apartment. There are different sounds and smells. The water comes from a well via a pump. The heat, hot water and stove run on propane. TV and internet are satellite based and the sewage goes to a septic system. Garbage is mostly a 'burn barrel' and compost bin affair.
- LGBTQ and 420 friendly
- No Pets
- Check-in after 8pm must be agreed in advance of booking - This is a working ranch. We are up early and in bed early - after 9pm check-in times don't work for us.
- There is a garden, an orchard and forest to tend, so guests should expect a certain amount of activity with the truck, the ATV, the tractor and the chainsaw during the day. We'll try to keep it fairly quiet until after 8am but we do have work that has to be done during daylight hours.
- The ranch is in a forested wilderness area, so please have modest expectations of the cellphone service.
- If you wish to bring anyone (not specified on your reservation) onto the property for any reason please discuss with us in advance. For liability and other reasons we need to know who is going to be here.
У этого хозяина 11 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
I retired and bought this ranch to enjoy the climate and recreation in the Durango area. I'm spending a lot of time restoring the forest, pastures and stream with native plant species and improving the conditions here for my elk, deer and wild turkey neighbors. We're also restoring the orchard and have built a greenhouse, coldframe and a large garden where we grow most of our fruits and vegetables.
Christine (Chris) works as a River Restoration Ecologist and has degrees in Botany, Zoology, Range Management and a PhD in Fluvial Geomorphology so if you take a hike around the ranch she can answer any questions you might have about the flora or the fauna.
We've started what we are calling 're-greening', and it is the heart of what we're doing here on the ranch. We're encouraging perennial plant growth to add organics to the soil, using wood chip from fire mitigation work for bulk compost building, tending to bare soil areas with mulch and downed logs, and growing as much of our food here as is reasonable. In short, we're living an experiment in developing a healthy, sustainable lifestyle that makes time and space to care for the traditional plants and animals of this place. The learning curve is steep, but sincerely gratifying.
We're pleased to share our experiences and this wonderful, natural space with those that are interested or curious. Others that just want a quiet place to stay with lots of wildlife are more than welcome too.