Be my guest in a historic Mid Century Modern home in one of Austin's coolest neighborhoods! 1.5 miles from downtown, near South Lamar & SoCo, you're truly in the heart of ATX. This quiet home is close to everything & has a private bath & garden for you.
Built in 1951, this home is one of the first by Austin architect AD Stenger, who began building Mid Century Modern homes in Austin 3 years before MCM legend Joseph Eichert in California. The east-facing skylight windows & southern-facing window wall in the bedroom create a beautiful and natural view to wake up to. Just outside the window is a lovely and large backyard with seating for morning coffee & meditation, or a nice evening drink with friends.
AD Stenger was a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and sought to create spaces that connected the outside space to the inside space, so the home feels natural and remote, even in the middle of the city. A rainstorm is a true entertainment event with all the windows and the flat roof.
There's a gas BBQ grill if you're in a cooking mood, and we'll be having a fire most nights it's cooler than 50 degrees, so you'll be cozy if you decide to stay in.
You'll also have turbo-speed wireless internet for your use. There's a 55" tv in the living area with HDMI & VGA access to watch Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, etc. on your laptop.
At the time this home was built, Queen and King sized beds did not exist, so bedrooms were much smaller then than now. That being the case, the King Size bed takes up a lot of room in the space, but the frame was designed so that there is room underneath to store your luggage, and there is lots of additional space to hang and store things.
The bathroom is small, very clean and functional, with new linens, decorations and extras. Let me know if there's anything else you'd require or would make your stay more convenient.
You'll have a new King-sized bed, access to the back yard, a well outfitted kitchen, fridge, microwave, etc., the living area, and on-street parking.
If there's anything else you need, just let me know and I'll be glad to accommodate you.
Общение с гостями
I'm currently away on business, but I've made sure all your needs will be taken care of. I can help by messenger if you want to have a real "Austin experience", give you tips and advice if needed, or you can discover the town and culture on your own!
Другие важные подробности
2nd guests are $39/night.
If you work from home for more than 2-3 hours a day, please find a coffee shop or shared workspace to work from. I'll be glad to recommend places and help you locate one if you'd like.
Let me know if there's anything else you need!
* Please smoke outside, drink in an adult manner, and keep illegal stuff out of the house.
* Please park on the street directly in front of the house. You may park a bicycle on the back porch or lock it to one of the posts on the front porch overnight. Please don't leave it out front during the day.
* Hot Water in your bathroom will take about 5 minutes to warm up (it wasn't added to the home until the 80s). The shower pressure is not very high, but I've not received any complaints about it.
* Feel free to use the dishes, glasses, pots & pans, appliances, etc. in the kitchen. Please clean up after yourself (dishes, appliances and surfaces), hand wash/rinse your dishes and place them in the dishwasher. I'll run the dishwasher when its full.
* ***Please keep the doors locked all times.
* Visitors are not allowed unless approved at least 24 hours in advance.
* No Pets Please
С 01 октябрь 2017 - 15 октябрь 2017 минимальная продолжительность бронирования — 4 ночи.
I'm an Austinite for most of my life. My sole purpose in life is to make sure everyone's having fun and to promote and preserve the best of Austin!
As my guest, I want to be helpful, but stay out of your way. Let me know how I can help, otherwise I'll check with you periodically to see if there's anything you need.
I know hotspots new-and-old and can give tips on great tourist options for entertainment and dining or give you insider tips on how to have a "locals only" experience. Let me know how I can help.