Three room suite 50m2 in enchanting tranquil organic food forest garden. Your own access, bedroom with queen bed, kitchenette/dining, lounge/study & bathroom. One acre property with productive, pretty, perfumed Permaculture. Suite not visible from the road. 2.3km to CBD, 4 min bike ride to beach via Nat Park. 150m to cool cafe/restaurant & yoga centre. Deep views to nature reserve. Enjoy starry night skies from your bed with no visible lights. Suitable for one guest or a couple only.
THE SHORT STORY
• Three room suite with its own entrance.
• Bedroom facing enclosed private garden, a queen-sized bed with a Dunlop Sleepmaker Orthopaedic mattress.
• Lounge/study/library facing bush and gardens.
• Cheerful kitchenette/dining room (3.5 by 3 metres) with two burner stove, small oven, full-sized fridge and several appliances.
• Bathroom with shower recess and full-sized bath.
• 50 square metre suite that is half of our renovated 1970s brick home, separated by walls with 130mm of soundproofing.
• Equipped for one person or a couple.
• Entrance is five metres from our main entrance screened by a living green wall.
• Bathroom has a full-sized bath and a shower recess.
• Japanese warm water bidet (Washlet) in toilet, with adjustable heated seat, in its own room.
THE LONG STORY
• Non-allergenic renovations like casein wall paint, citrus oil-based wood paint and sand-coloured natural linseed oil linoleum (Marmoleum) with a cork underlay.
• While we are meticulous with the cleaning of the suite, keep in mind it is nested in an organic botanic collection where no insecticides - no cides at all - are used.
• Established in 1998, our organic gardens have over one thousand useful species, including cooking and salad greens, herbs, spices, flowers and fruit, nut and fibre plants, that we offer to you in season.
• Our garden and the nearby paperbark ecosystem are home to wallabies, echidnas, possums, bandicoots and 45 species of birds.
• In summer sea breezes keep the gardens and dwellings cool.
• The sound-scape is calm as the house is set back from neighbours and street sounds are muffled by 13 species of clumping bamboo and 20 wide clumps of tall tiger grass.
• Guests from the city are always impressed by the number and brightness of stars visible in the large night sky.
• For years we have collected perfume plants with drifting scents:- Osmanthus; Star, Night and Sambac Jasmines; Roses; Champaca; Ginger Lily; Brunsfelsias; Gardenias; Burmese Bayur; Frangipani and seven colours of evening-fragrant Brugmansia. We extract fragrances from these and blend natural perfumes on a base of our home-made Sandalwood, Benjoin, Oak Moss, etc., tinctures. We use traditional French methods of extraction:- cold enfleurage (in village shea butter), warm oil maceration and tinctures.
• We have a 3 tonne sculpture in white rock of breaching Migaloo the white humpback whale at the bottom of the garden.
• A number of guests have continued their work while staying in the Suite. The park-like gardens, tranquility and natural beauty are conducive to hatch ideas and to focus the mind; the atmosphere may be conducive to an art retreat, researching or writing a script, song or novel, or running your business remotely.
• You may like to test-run a sea/tree change by observing us going about our daily activities, even join us. As the Peasants of Pleasantville we tend and harvest the gardens, repair and create, make perfume, collect eggs from the (two) chickens, play music, draw and paint.
• Unless absent, we will offer you fruit, greens, herbs, flowers and spices from the gardens.
• You have sole access to the guest partition of the house.
• Wifi @ 200Gb per month, on partitioned modem.
• You might like to enjoy meals alfresco in the garden on a table in the garden.
• You have access to a laundry with a front loader.
• There is a dedicated space for parking your car at the edge of our circular driveway. Drive in on the right side and continue on out the opposite side of the circular driveway.
• You are welcome to use two mountain bikes.
Общение с гостями
We will greet and farewell you (when we are here) at the least. We always enjoy to show the gardens and give locals' tips.
The doors of our home and your suite are just five metres apart in a courtyard under a large verandah, with a privacy screen; each party is aware of the other's comings and goings.
Should you need anything come to our entrance or phone/text our mobile. If we are overseas, we shall keep in touch by email.
Другие важные подробности
• We very much welcome folk of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We have worked in over forty countries and also have a multi-cultural and multi-racial family.
• Although we try to "Accept/Decline" each enquiry within 24 hours, this may take longer if we are travelling. We accept when we are satisfied that you as a guest will have every chance to enjoy the suite. Please do let us know about yourselves.
• Guests often report how well/deeply they sleep. The distant sound of pounding waves from Tallow Beach may help.
• Mosquitoes breed in Byron Bay and can be a nuisance, usually January to April. We have home-made organic repellents, a mosquito buzzer and citronella burners to keep them at bay. Pack long loose sleeves and pants for the outdoors in the evenings of these months.
• We beg you to be very careful when you swim at the beach because of the rips particularly at nearby secluded Tallow Beach, and even at Main Beach where you should swim between the lifesavers' flags.
• We accept bookings only for yourself(ves), not a third party, as per Airbnb guidelines.
• At the time of enquiry, please tell us your professional background; also of any travelling companion. This is so we can look forward to meeting you.
• Please note this suite is for either a couple or a single person, i.e., neither day-time nor night-time guests, neither indoors nor on the one acre property. Our property remains private in Byron Bay's over-heated social landscape.
• We don't use toxic substances in the Organic Urban Park or inside the dwellings. We control indoor pests simply with a vacuum cleaner.
• We can provide early Check In and late Check Out, dependent on other bookings at the time.
When you apply, please conclude with "Give Peas a Chance". Then we'll know that you've read down to here!
У этого хозяина 1 отзыв о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Jude and Michel have lived and gardened in Byron Bay since 1991, and been in the area since 1977. As the founders of the national Seed Savers' Network (1986) in Australia, they have obsessively searched for sub tropical food plants and rare ethno-botanicals. Their current 18 year old one acre organic garden right in Byron Bay is a testimony to this passion; it has been profusely covered in the media. Their three books, one the best-selling "The Seed Savers' Handbook", their two film documentaries and their Youtube channel (over 3m views) are their legacy, with translations and voice-overs in nine languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Bulgarian, and Basque so far). They frequently travel. In between they behave like urban peasants and are passionately making perfume from their garden flora.
Jude and Michel are interested in folk who have done something different in life, something green and creative, or want to. They have had an international spread of interns who have gone on to seed indigenous and peasant biodiversity network projects in communities, regions and nations.