We originally booked three nights. We ended up staying for 2, morw on ghat below.
- Before we booked the room, we messged Thomas back and forth and he was welcoming and answering all of our questions.
- Location is excellnet, Sunway Lagoon and mall are only 3 to 5 minutes walk away.
-Room is spacious.
- Staff are friendly.
- Balcony witha reletivly nice view.
- Washing machines are at next to the lobby.
- The room was too old and poorly maintained.
- Room service are poor when cleaning the room.
- Bathroom is a bit small and only a bathtub, which feels hollow and would break any time.
- Ants on the stove, mosquitos, moth, mold in the bathroom, mold on the lower part of the bedsheets, all walls are stained, slimy stuff on tge waterhose, joined room but the door wasnt locked. I asked to change the room and at first the receptionest clamied they were fully booked. However, after talking to one of them again, they agreed adnd showed me another room. Although it seemed in way much better shape, they only had two single beds (while the one we were is qas one king and one single). I massaged Mr Thomas that i wanted to cancel my reservation and be refuned for the remaining 2 nights, but he never eeplied back. I tried doing it through airbnb but it wasnt possible, even though the canellation policy was Flexible. I called airbnb and Erika tried to reached Thomas, but according to her, they didnt get a reply from him and that they went ahead and refunded me for those two nights and we went to a way much better hotel with the same price. After all was done, I was contacted by Thomas, saying that he belived my issue was fixed and that he will make sure that would never happen again. Keep in mind that because of his late reply we ended up staying for 2 nights instead of just one.
Tips: the fastest way to Sunway Lagoon from the hotel, is to head down to B1, go to the elevator outside, head to B3, when you go outside, walkt to the left untill you find a series of escalators down to the sunway lagoon park.
It is a hotel. So, we may have been unlucky with our room. However, keep in mind, it is a really old hotel. So, chances you would end up in the same situation as I did. In fact, one of the staff told me the rennovations they are doing are only for the lobby area but not the rooms! Also, I was suprised when one of them told me the room we were in was one of the "newly rennovated rooms". Maybe it is true, if they meant it was rennivated 20 years ago!
Will we stay there again?