We prefer families with kids as guests to stay a minimum of 7 days in our bright, modern and comfortable home (80m2) with a small, green garden (30m2) situated just outside the city centre (but still within the ring of Amsterdam) in quiet and cosy Amsterdam Oud-Zuid (Olympic Stadium area). Within 10-20 mins you are in the bustling city centre (depending on means of transport).
Modern, bright and comfortable ground floor home (80m2) with green garden (30m2). IMPORTANT NOTE: There are 3 bedrooms (10m2 each), but we will close 1 of them to store our personal belongings, so effectively you have the whole space minus 1 locked room, so 2 bedrooms for you to use (see below for more info).
Location: quiet residential part of Amsterdam (Old South/Oud-Zuid - Olympic Stadium area) with a large, child-friendly pavement. City centre only 10mins cycle or 20 min tram journey away.
We live in this home and have 2 children (girl and boy, born in 2010 and 2013) so most of the necessary kids stuff is available (see FEATURES list below), making our home also ideal for other families with (small) children. If you don't bring kids we will obviously hide all the kids' toys and stuff out of sight.
We love our little garden with an apple tree and pergola with grape vine for some shade and privacy in the summer, and a tiled patio. It is perfect for relaxing after spending time in the city or for the kids to play in.
1. EN-SUITE MASTER BEDROOM
Located on the very quiet garden side and has a comfortable double bed (single mattress 200 x 140) and two French wooden doors that open up to the garden. Plenty of wardrobe space to put your clothes in. Blinded curtains to make the room pitch-dark.
2A. EITHER THE CHILDREN’S ROOM (for if you travel with kids):
Located on the (quiet) street side and has 1 bunkbed with 2 matrasses (each 90x200cm!). We still have the baby cot/box for you, if needed! It also has an (nearly) empty wardrobe for your kids' clothes. Naturally, all of our kids’ toys and books are available for your kids as well.
2B. OR THE GUEST BEDROOM (if you travel without kids):
Our friends and family stay here when they visit us. It has 1 double sofa bed that easily transforms from a sofa into a comfortable bed (190 x 140) and a large desk to work/draw at.
- Open plan (living room, kitchen, dining area in 1 space of approx. 35 m2 with 2 french doors opening to the garden);
- 2 bedrooms available sleeping 4;
- Child friendly (we cater for 3 at the moment);
- Fully equiped kitchen (see below);
- Garden (we try to have a grass area, although the Dutch weather does not guarantee a perfect lawn, unfortunately...);
- Quiet yet central location (ideal to escape the buzz of the city!);
- 1 bathroom with shower and double sink and lots of storage for toiletries;
- 1 toilet;
- 1 large wooden dining table, seating 8;
- Big (42") flat screen plasma TV;
- Free cable TV;
- Free Netflix for all your favourite movies and series;
- DVD player;
- CD player;
- Sound system (MP3 connector for your digital music);
- Double glazing windows;
- 2x2 French open doors (in kitchen and master bedroom) both leading to the garden;
- Floor heating all around the house plus 2 additional radiators (1 in living room, 1 in bathroom);
- Central heating;
- Concrete floor in kitchen, toilet and bathroom;
- Wooden floor in rest of the house;
- Washing machine;
- Bedding and linen (pillow cases, mattress covers and duvet covers provided);
- 4 large towels (Egyptian cotton).
FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN:
- Large fridge/freezer combination;
- Hand mixer (for soups);
- Baking trays;
- Coffee filter machine;
- Kettle to boil water;
- XL Dishwasher (quiet);
- 1 oven/gas furnace unit (4 hobs/pits);
- 1 built-in microwave/oven.
- Iron and ironing board;
- 1 bunk bed with 2 matrasses (each 90x200cm!);
- 1 baby cot with comfortable mattress (configurable to cot with 4 sides or half-open bed with 3 sides, so your kid can get out of bed) - Please let us know which is preferred and we will sort it out;
- Another child mattrass (70x150cm) on the floor, if needed;
- Baby high chair (1-3 year olds);
- Children’s chair (3-12+ year olds);
- Lots of children’s books;
- Lots of toys (Lego, Playmobil, etc.);
- Colouring pens, cuddly toys, games;
- Many play parks in walking distance from our house, as well as the Amsterdam Forest (including Fun Forest tree climbing activities, running tracks, biological goat’s farm and playground, kids swimming and picknick areas), Vondelpark, football pitches, skate park).
Minimum stay is 7 days. Please check the calendar for availability. If our calendar does not quite match your travel needs, please feel free to double check with us to see if we can find a match!
ENJOY YOUR STAY!
The whole apartment, minus 1 bedroom that we will lock to store our personal stuff. This means that you will still have access to 2 bedrooms! Depending on your booking we can configure the sleeping arrangements, for example:
Option 1 (when traveling with children): you have a master en-suite bedroom and a children's room (1 bunkbed with 2 matrasses accompanied, if needed, with the baby cot/box).
Option 2: master en-suite bedroom and the study/guest room (with comfortable double sofa bed).
Option 3: (when travelling with 1 small child and grandparent(s)): same as option 2, but with a junior matrass on the floor and/or the baby cot/box as well.
Other configurations possible upon request.
Общение с гостями
We either meet you personally or arrange a host (family member or good friend) to meet you to hand over the keys and show you around our home to make sure all is OK. Upon departure we or the host will collect the keys from you again. If everything is in the same state as we left it for you, we will not report anything to airbnb. They will then release your deposit after 48 hours.
I speak fluent Dutch, English and some Portuguese and Germen. My partner speaks fluent Portuguese, Dutch, English and good Spanish and French. If we are not there to meet you in person, the host will only speak Dutch and English.
Другие важные подробности
Please check our calender. If our calendar does not quite match your travel needs, please feel free to contact us to check if we can find a match!
PAID PARKING IN STREET!
Expensive: 21 euros per day (Mon-Sat), free on Sundays!
There are cheaper alternatives (Park & Ride at Olympic Stadium for 8 euros per day for a maximum of 3 days), but often very busy (long queues when parking is full, as then it is 1 in - 1 out) .
You are very welcome in our home and we would like you to feel comfortable during your stay. We will even leave you the basic shopping goods (milk, bread, rice, spaghetti, wine, some beers, etc.) to get you through the first (couple of) day(s).
However, just to avoid any misunderstandings please comply to the following house rules:
- The apartment is our home. We actually live there and we respect our neighbours, so please no parties, no drugs, no loud music/TV, etc.;
- Absolutely no smoking of any kind in the house. If you want, you can smoke in the garden;
- Dogs are allowed under some basic conditions (please discuss this with us prior to your booking);
- We like to live in a clean house, so we will make sure our house is clean when you check-in and we request you to leave the apartment clean behind. We will charge additional costs when you leave the apartment very dirty.
We are Dutch/Portuguese couple and have a son (2010) and daughter (2013). We speak fluent Dutch, English, Portuguese, French, Spanish and some German. We prefer to communicate in English or Dutch to speed up the booking process.