I grew up spending my summers here and love this place like no other! This 4000 square foot home has beautiful lake views, 4 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, and a media room. This house is incredibly private despite being just minutes away from fun!
4000 square foot river front log home elegantly expanded and updated, on three acres of woods with rolling fields and stone walls down to private waterfront with sunset view beyond the river. Huge living room with picture windows and stone fireplace. Large master suite with jacuzzi tub in bathroom and dressing area with sink and walk-in closet. Equally large kids' room with two bunk beds and bath with shower. Separate area with two guest bedrooms and two full bathrooms. Cozy media room for reading, music or watching 42' HD TV via satellite. DSL and printer, washer and dryer. Full dining room. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and disposal. Screen porch with furniture for breakfasts with view of the lake, or summer dinners on the grill. Large deck with incredible view of the Connecticut River and sunsets.
Total privacy yet three minute walk to community center with sandy beach, bath house and club house (with ping pong, foosball, kitchen and bath for community use.) Beach use includes use of canoes and sunfish for boating and fishing. Adjacent to beach are two clay tennis courts, basketball, volleyball and tether ball areas. Community consists of approximately thirty vacation homes with six hundred acres, hiking trails, beaver pond and caretaker. Twenty minutes from historic St Johnsbury VT, with natural history museum and athenaeum and twenty minutes from Littleton, NH. One hour from Mt Washington, and children's attractions, including Six-gun City, Whale's Tale water park and Santa's Village . Two hours, forty minutes from Boston, two hours from Burlington, VT.
Общение с гостями
This is a vacation rental and you will have the full house to yourself.
Другие важные подробности
We are a family of four (with two grown daughters) now spread between California and Florida, though we raised our children in Boston with summers in our Vermont house. Having retired to Florida, the house does not get as much use, and we decided it was time to share our special home on the Connecticut River with others!
Within easy reach of Boston, the setting was perfect for a peaceful weekend out of the city. With small children, the ability to let them roam the woods and river was priceless, while the river sports, hiking and tennis proved relaxing for adults as well.
A morning swim in the river, when the water is like glass and the birds are out, followed by coffee on the porch, is the perfect summer morning. Foliage season is spectacular in this area, with the woods surrounding the house ablaze with color. Crisp morning hikes with leaves underfoot is a fall treat - try to take in the fall colors from the lookout point at the top of Chamberlin Mt, a 45 minute hike you can start from the front door!
Because this house is so special to us, we have a few rules that help us know that the character and beauty of this place will be maintained for our guests and our family into the future.
1) PETS: We do not allow pets in the house to accommodate guests that have allergies.
2) SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed either inside or outside the house due to fire hazard and to keep our house smelling great!
3) COMMUNITY RULES: Our house is part of a wonderful community that shares access to public areas and certain community resources. We will send all guests the community rules and expect these rules to be followed. Please be friendly and try to leave the shared resources as you found them.
4) PARKING: There is space for a maximum of five cars to be parked at the house. Please do not park on the county road – it is dangerous due to the curve.
5) HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels, as the house has only a few. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
6) FIREPLACE: The house has a fireplace. However, due to safety concerns, no fires are allowed under any circumstances.
7) WATER AND SEPTIC: The house is on a well and septic systems. The water quality is excellent, and there are no concerns with drinking the tap water. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages up to the cost of repairs to the septic system.
8) SECURITY: Although we think this cabin is in a very safe neighborhood, please lock all cabin doors and shut and lock all windows when leaving the house.
9) KEYS: There is a $25 replacement fee for lost keys.
10) CLEANLINESS: Please keep the premises in a clean and sanitary condition and use care regarding all furnishings and household items. We love this house and want others to experience it in the best possible way. Please make NO improvements or alterations. Any excessive cleaning bills shall be billed to the security deposit. If there are any issues, please contact the owner immediately.
11) GUESTS: People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
12) BE CAREFUL! Last but certainly not least, the house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, including community facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Also, children are to be supervised on the grounds at ALL TIMES. NO children are allowed on or near the river steps of the property without an adult. Tenant acknowledges that no lifeguard service is available and caution must be exercised at all times.
Thanks for reading all of this!!
I am a lover of the outdoors who grew up playing in the green mountains of Vermont! I hope you too can enjoy the lovely home that I found to be so wonderful as a kid. I love to travel, am fluent in Indonesian, and love Asian culture and food! I love taking my daughter to Vermont and hope others enjoy the Northeast Kingdom with their families too!