12mins to the centre and 7 to the river, the Loft (the Annex) is an independent-entrance self-contained unit with private shower, full toilet, internet connection, single bed (extensible to double for short stays), desk, fridge, microwave and kitchenette.
I believe that pictures speak better than words. For more detailed information please don´t hesitate to ask.The Annex is special, independent entrance and cooking facilities makes it perfect for a quite/private and yet affordable stay in Cambridge. The Annex is all renovated, with new furniture and Wi-Fi. Our complementary bike makes your stay easy and enjoyable.
·bed linens & towels.
·Kitchenette with microwave, electric kettle, refrigerator, hot-plate cooktop/hob.
·Bike (plus gear).
.Large Garden with seating area and bbq.
Общение с гостями
We can advice on daily trips, scooter/car hire, event tickets, Cambridge College life ....you ask for it and we will try to help.
Другие важные подробности
NON SMOKING LOFT
Annex Rules and Additional Information
1.- No animals shall be maintained in or about the premises
2.- Garbage, sweepings, dirt or litter shall be wrapped and deposited in waste receptacles for that purpose. Blue bin: all paper and card, envelopes, food tins and cans, aerosol cans, metal lids from jars, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles including drinks, shampoo and detergent bottles (no lids please) and tetra pak. // Green bin: food waste (no plastic bags please) - given the cooking in the annex is very limited, you don't need to use the green bing. you can put all your rubish in the black bin using a plastic bag. // Black bin: items that cannot be put into a blue or green bin for recycling or composting.
3. The water shall not be left running in bathroom or kitchen, and all leaks shall be immediately reported.
4. Signs, posters shall not be posted in the premises (no blue tac nor tape to be used) and you should not drive nails in walls.
5. The toilet, sink and wash-basins are to be used for the purpose for which they are intended, and no dust rubbish, litter, coffee grounds, tea leaves, egg shells, parings or garbage are to be put into same.
6. Keep the annex as clean and sanitary as you have received on the day you arrived. In the event of not completing this norm you could be charged up to £265 at the end of your stay for professional cleaning services. If you feel you need a cleaner every week, we can arrange that for you, please let us know. If you need a mop or vacuum cleaner, please ask.
7. You should not use the bath, basin, or kitchen sink for laundry purposes. Clothes or towels should not be hanged inside for drying. The hanging drying rack is located in the garden. See details at the end of this document for laundrettes and dry cleaners in Cambridge.
8. Due to the size of the annex you should use the extractor in the bathroom when taking showers and leave the door open once finish. Hang all towels in the garden, do not leave them wet in the bathroom. Open windows or door for short periods after taking a shower or cooking to avoid mildew damage. If you spot any mould formation (check periodically inside the drawers, under bed, walls) please let Paula or Tristan know immediately so it can be cleaned and we can avoid property damage.
9. Furniture and household items: you are responsible for the conservation of the furniture and household items: bed, chair, desk, cutlery, dishes, cups, etc. In the event of some damage or loss you will be responsible for the payment of the repair or replacement.
10. Heating: please ensure you turn off the heater, cookers, microwave, and lights when you leave the premises. Do not cover the heater at any time.
11. Smoking is not allowed in the house or garden. We ask you to respect this and smoke outside. If you are found to be smoking inside the premises you would be charged £265 for the professional cleaning service and you may be expulsed from the annex without any refund.
12. Towels provided are for personal use only and not for general cleaning.
13. Maintain the door closed and locked at all times (except for short periods of time when ventilating the apartment). Do not leave any valuable items inside the apartment when you are not around (computers, cameras, mp3 players, phones, money, passports, etc.). We will not be responsible for any articles lost, stolen or damaged on these premises. You will receive a key on arrival: In the event of loss or robbery of the keys, you will be charged for the change of the lock of the apartment.
14. Please be aware that you need to hold a TV licence to watch live TV in the UK (including live TV via internet (i.e. BBC iPlayer). If you wish to have a TV you will have to buy and provide us a photocopy of your licence. More information: (URL HIDDEN)
15. Inspection of the annex and execution of norms: even though we will try to inform you in advance, we reserve the right to inspect the general state of the annex and the execution of these norms without previous warning, including opening it for ventilation during the day if the guest is not at the premises.
16. If you wish to invite friends/family to stay at the annex please let us know at least 2 days in advance.
17. Fridge, microwave and cooker should be cleaned regularly.
Use of the Garden
1. You are welcome to use the garden. If you wish to invite friends please let us know at least 48 hs in advance. The barbeque can be used but make sure it is fully cleaned after use.
2. If you want to keep a bike, please ensure you keep it locked in the back garden (ensure it is not obstructing the way). Sometimes we have a spare bike available, please ask.
Use of the Internet
You are welcome to use the Wi-Fi internet service
1. Our complimentary Wi-Fi is intended to be used for general purposes, including accessing the World Wide Web, email, messaging services and chat rooms. You undertake to us that you will use the services responsibly and that you will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner when using the internet. Without prejudice to any other provision of these rules, we may terminate your use of the Wi-Fi service at any time without notice if we become aware of any behaviour that has a negative effect on our home equipment or network.
2. You may not: use the service for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property or computer misuse legislation in the UK and downloading or uploading any illegal material); send any unsolicited commercial email (or “spam”) or any activity relating to it; carry out any “hacking” activities such as attempting to access systems without authorization or carry out denial of service attacks.
3. We may monitor the performance of the annex network and the use of it. If we notice that a guest is using it in excess of what is expected from reasonable normal use and where such excessive use is affecting other users, particularly during busy times, we may restrict usage.
If you do not use file sharing software or download large files from the internet then you should not be affected. However, if it becomes clear that heavy downloading, peer-to-peer networking, gaming or excessive streaming (i.e. more than simply streaming programme content from legal websites) is taking place then we may contact you to ask you to reduce your use. If you continue to do so, or if you persistently exceed normal use to the extent that it affects our network, then we reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to our network.
Arrival and Departure (these are guidelines since we are flexible)
Arrival: from 5 pm.
Departure: 11.30 am (leaving after this time may incur on an extra fee, please ask, sometimes we don't have other bookings and you can stay a bit more).
On the last day of your stay we will perform an inspection of the annex (see checklist below). If after the inspection you are in breach of any of the rules described above we may require you to pay for the cleaning services, repair or redecoration if relevant.
Cancellation fees or extending your stay
Cancellation fees will apply, please ask if you wish to cancel/reduce your stay or leave earlier. Please note that we will try to accommodate your request but this may not be always possible.
Emergency numbers in Cambridge
Dial 999 when:
• lives are at risk / violence / serious injury
• serious crime is happening
• criminal still at the scene or nearby
• police, fire service, ambulance
otherwise, always call 101.
Laundrette & Dry Cleaners
In a Spin Chesterton Laundrette (1mi) - 156 High Street, Chesterton, CB4 1NW. Tel. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Take your washing soap and softener. Machines only work with coins.
Laundrette (1.2mi) - 12 Victoria Avenue, CB4 1EH. Open every day from 8.30am-9.00pm. Take your washing soap and softener. Machines only work with coins.
Monarch Coin Laundrette (2.5mi) - 161 Mill Road, Cambridge, CB1 3AN. Take your washing soap and softener. Machines only work with coins. Opening hours: Every day from 7am to 10pm. Open most Bank Holidays. tel. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Penguin Dry Cleaners 36 Mill Road, Cambridge CB1 2AD
Dry cleaners also available at Tesco Newmarket Road Superstore – Cheddars lane, Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8HE
Budgens Store: Arbury Road, Arbury court, Arbury, Cambridge. CB4 2JQ - Open daily 7am to 10 pm (Sundays 10am to 4pm)
Tesco Superstore: Cheddars Lane, Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8HE - Open daily 7.30 am to 10 pm and Sundays 11am to 5pm
Budgens Store. Open daily from 9am to 5.30 pm and on Sundays from 9am to 12.30 am. Arbury Court.
ATM (with charge) Arbury Court (24 hs.) - (without charge) Post office Budgens Store. Open daily from 9am to 5.30 pm and on Sundays from 9am to 12.30 am.
Send / Receive money
Post office Budgens Store, Arbury court. More information: (URL HIDDEN)
Renting a Bike in Cambridge
Station Cycles: (URL HIDDEN) - online booking is available. Note that in Cambridge the use of helmet and lights (front and back) is compulsory.
a) CyclePoint (near the rail station) 156 Great Northern Road, CB1 2FX, Cambridge. Tel. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). E-mail: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
b) Grand Arcade store (city centre), Corn Exchange St., CB2 3QF, Tel. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Same opening hours as Station Road Branch. (EMAIL HIDDEN)
To go to/from the city centre the bus is the Cambridge Citi 1 (Arbury – City Centre – Rail Station – Addenbrooke's hospital – Cherry Hinton – Fulbourn).
The buses usually pass every 10 minutes and takes 20-25 min to get to the city centre. Prices: £4.10 for the Dayrider ticket (you can use it all day as many times as you want), £2.50 for a single ticket. The Megarider ticket £14 will give you unlimited travel for 7 days. You can buy any of these tickets directly with the bus driver.
For timetables: (URL HIDDEN)
For route maps: (URL HIDDEN)
Stansted, 30 min away from the train station. Regular trains every day to and from Cambridge. Luton: Use National Express Coach, taking aprox. 1.5 hours and costing £14.90 (return ticket). These run every 2 hs or so. (check trains and buy tickets: (URL HIDDEN)
Heathrow: takes 2.25-2.50 hs on the National Express Coaches, aprox. £30. Check timetables and buy tickets: (URL HIDDEN) This route can also be done by taking the train to King's Cross and the tube to the airport terminal (aprox. 2 hs, £48 -single ticket).
Gatwick: is the least convenient London airport to Cambridge. National Express bus service will take aprox 3 hs to get to Cambridge.
London City Airport: 1.26 hours - is best reached by train to King's Cross, then Underground and Docklands Light Railway across London, for £27 (less if you have an Oyster card) (check trains and buy tickets: (URL HIDDEN)
Cambridge Airport: no commercial flights to/ from here, however if you are planning to arrive on your own plane you are welcome to make arrangements by calling on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) / (URL HIDDEN) .
Check train timetables and buy tickets online: (URL HIDDEN)
Cambridge train stop: Cambridge (CBG)
Panther Taxi (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Camtax tel. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Camcab (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). These companies can take you to any of the airports. Call the day before to book it and confirm the price. Payment may be required by phone.
Checking out check-list
In order to avoid extra charges please ensure that you leave the premises as you have found them. Please pay special attention to: clean the microwave, hot plates, empty and clean fridge. Leave the toilet and bath in good state. Leave used towels and bed sheets in the floor ready for collection. A vacuum cleaner and a mop is available to you, please ask for it in order to leave the annex clean. If something is not working properly please kindly let us know so we can fix it before the arrival of our next guest.
Please let us know if you have any questions or you need anything to make your stay more confortable.