Set on ten wooded acres, this 3 BR, 2.5 BA award-winning modern tree house sleeps 7 & includes hot tub, hammock, grill & nature trail. The two-story wall of windows in the main living area brings the natural views inside day and night.
Nature is the true star and feature of the space. That said, the house won a number of architectural design awards for it’s simplicity and function when it was built in 1998. It is featured in several books, an HGTV episode and a number of publications including The New York Times design column.
It's unique in many ways--one is that the architect worked with artist Janet Saad-Cook to build the house around an art installation that creates a sun drawing on one of the walls during the autumn and winter months.
Другие важные подробности
Seasonal and Holiday Prices Vary. Airbnb only permits one published rate, so inquire about specific dates. 11% county/state tax is charged.
Lease agreement needs to be signed before reservation/payment
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Rental Agreement may not stay in the property.
3. The property is not to be used for events, functions, or parties.
4. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
5. Housekeeping: Return the house in the same condition it was found. Dishes washed, trash at curb, beds stripped.
6. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tub at any time without adult supervision.
7. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products, condoms or wet wipes should be flushed at anytime.
I'm an urban dweller and I can't get enough of nature. Lightcatcher Retreat is my escape from the city. It's where I recharge my battery and I'm honored to act as its caretaker and share it with fellow travelers. My yellow-lab Molly is also a big fan.
I've lived in DC for more than 20 years and know the city well. I love to travel--and have had success renting condos/flats/houses in a dozen cities across five continents, including Australia, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Israel and throughout the U.S.