Are you ready for the most amazing experience? To sleep in the treetop canopy of a rainforest just minutes walk from 4 waterfalls where you can swim?
Welcome to Wanggulay Too! Over the last 14 years, we have been honoured to host film crews, fashion houses, and people from all over the world.
Yes, we are more expensive than most. We keep a very high standard. Luxurious Five Bedroom, Three Bathroom Timber Holiday House in the Treetops!
All guests receive complimentary:
Free Unlimited Wifi
42 HDTV and 100 free movies to choose from
Use of undercover games area
Bottle of Bubbly
Lemongrass fragrance for your stay
Hand Made Soaps
Local Walking Guide
eBook guide to Wanggulay and Cairns giving you 35 pages of saving money on hire cars and the best things to see and do from 10 years experience of running The Luxury Retreats
Wanggulay Too Treetops is the sister property of 'Wanggulay Bali on Barron' a unique tropical holiday home in Cairns. Enjoy the beautiful natural breezes & views of the rainforest and gentle flowing Barron River from the large outdoor balcony.
Stay in the most spectacular private rainforest retreat in Northern Australia, conveniently located 7 kilometres west of Cairns airport.
Our Bali inspired interior is surrounded by a large timber balcony accessible from the master bedroom. This all looks over the world heritage listed rainforest and down onto the Barron river below.
This retreat is entirely yours to enjoy when you book Wanggulay Too Treetops
Why not leave your city life behind and step into "Wanggulay Too Treetops" suspended in the treetop canopy on two levels right on the Barron River Gorge at Kamerunga, close to Cairns. Only a short drive away are spectacular tropical Beaches of Trinity Beach, Palm Cove and Ellis Beach all offering quality restaurants, wine bars, entertainment and beach activities; Wind surfing, kayaking, catamaran sailing, paddle wheel bikes, jet skis and kids playground.
Many of our guests use this as a luxury and breathtaking alternative to the accommodation in Cairns city or Palm Cove Beach.
Access is very easy and once you arrive, like so many of our guests you will not want to leave. This absolute luxury hideaway blurs the line between indoors and out. Surrounded by water and world heritage listed rainforest you are perfectly placed to walk the trails of the national park, canoe the Barron River Gorge, swim in natural waterfalls or simply relax on the balconies and private platform overlooking the river. Dive on the Great Barrier Reef or enjoy a sunset walk on nearby Palm Cove beach.
Natural ochres, earth-colours and textures invite you into the main living area under a large timber cathedral ceiling. The spacious open-plan living area extends outside to a wide verandah high above the forest floor. Timber doors slide back, allowing the large outdoor area to become part of the living room.
On the floor below is another bedroom and smaller living area with a day lounge to relax and enjoy the fresh tropical breezes.
Surrender to the warmth of the tropics and enjoy our outdoor 'cast iron' bathtub as you soak your body in our special blend of essential oils and Australian wild flower essences combined to ease fatigue and re-balance the body and mind.
A place to dream in the land of the 'dreamtime.
The master bedroom looks out through the dappled sunlight of the treetops with the river down below. Birds sing and play in the branches surrounding the large balcony outside.
Fine linen, polished timber floors - attention to detail, decorative soaps in a Balinese tray, fragrant frangipannis floating in a bowl and a luxurious master bathroom with a spa-bath.
Reasons to stay
A Queensland Weekender Favourite
5 Star Rainforest Treetops Accommodation
Hear the sounds of the Rainforest and Barron River
Bali Inspired in QLD
Close to Beaches
WHAT TO DO
Walk the marked trails of World Heritage listed rainforest right on your doorstep.
Explore the rock pools and waterfalls of Stoney creek.
Walk down to the Barron river by private pathway.
Canoe the Barron river gorge.
Fish for famous Barramundi in the lower reaches of the Barron river.
Dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
Sunset walks on the beach at Palm Cove.
Skyrail over the rainforest canopy.
Take a picnic to Crystal Cascades.
Explore the wonderful Rusty's fresh produce markets.
Dine out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Take a short drive along kilometres of unspoilt coastline to Port Douglas have lunch and explore.
Or simply relax on the expansive balcony or private river platform where you can take in all the delights of a holiday in the rainforest.
Its an easy 12 minute walk to some of the most beautiful waterfalls where you can swim in the Stoney Creek National park . See our photos!
The place is very private with views over the Barron River, try our amazing outdoor bath on the riverside platform.
Общение с гостями
Interaction with Guests
We provide a welcoming arrival to Wanggulay Too Treetops and are always available by phone to answer questions or assist. Our comprehensive 65 page guest guide provide all the information from managers and guests over the last 10 years to help ensure you have a fuss free, fabulous stay.
Другие важные подробности
This our brand new property at Wanggulay Luxury Holiday Rentals. The sister property is one hundred metres away, and is the number one rated property out of 18,800+ rentals on Australia leading rental vacation site. Many groups book both properties and then we can accommodate up to 23.
This new holiday rental property has a completely new fit out and all bedrooms come with brand new 5 star honeymoon quality pillow-top beds. Uniquely we have two master bedrooms. One main bedroom features a king size Balinese style four poster bed complete with luxury netting and the other main bedroom has access directly to the balcony through French doors and views from the full length windows onto the river below. The bedrooms are all themed in an Asian fusion style, three bedrooms feature King sized beds our remaining two bedrooms have a queen and king single bed. As part of fulfilling our guests needs each room features a modern grooming centre. The bottom floor of the house has an undercover games area!
The main bathroom, accessible to all guests, has a Super Luxury Aliza spa equipped with recessed lumbar jets, 4 jet neck and shoulder massage system with padded headrests, luxurious soak depth of over 60cm. You will only want to get out to reach for another bottle of bubbly.
The indoor bathroom downstairs has a huge walk in frameless glass enclosure with a matching two-shower head fixture. For the ultimate tropic experience we have built, what we think is, the best outdoor private bathroom in the tropics of North Queensland. With private views to the Barron River you can use our outdoor shower on Bali River stones or luxuriate in our antique claw footed bath set on a platform by the river with hot running water. We are sure travel magazines will feature this one! Last time we built an outside water feature it won a best creative award in Queensland at the SPAA.
We provide guests with the super large fluffy towels, hand made soaps from Paddy Flynn and a bath pack of salts and bath gels. The bedrooms feature king size luxury pillows to complete the experience.
For the perfect end to a fun filled day in the tropics you can enjoy cool drinks on our frameless glass and stainless steel balustrading balcony, which gives the feeling you are standing in the treetops. The balcony has its own Bar named Bazaar and features interesting pieces collected from markets around the world. The kitchen, with views to the river, features modern Miele appliances, French windows and is an entertainers delight.
The rainforest is spectacularly lit up thanks to our LED spotlights. There is unlimited free Wi-Fi and the media room has an LCD screen, Foxtel (satellite television), wii, Play Station and a large range of free movies.
It’s a short 10 minutes walk from our doorway, over the old bridge to the first waterfall and sublime swimming in the freshwater pools of the Stoney Creek National Park.
Holiday Rental Terms and Conditions
• We offer Wanggulay for short-term stays of one or two nights, with an additional charge to cover our costs. Airbnb do not have a facility to put this in the pricing and have advised us to place it here. There is a charge of up to $499 for stays of 4 nights or less. We do waive this charge on a case to case basis, please ask.
• The terms and conditions of the holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows and departure from same by you permits the owner or agent to refuse the key, amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy.
One or two night bookings attract a short stay fee of $399
• The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the receipt.
• No large gatherings, parties, weddings are approved to take place at Wanggulay . In the event this occurs the bond will be forfeited and additional charges made. In the event there is undue noise disturbing the neighbours and security need to be called out then a $250 charge will be made
• Body corporate rules must be complied with and are set out in this Guest Guide.
• Premises are available from 4 pm on the day of your arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure.
• Breakages and losses to the property are to be reported to the manager and will be deducted from the refundable bond.
• We reserve the right to apply any amount of minimum night stays at any time.
• The number of people occupying the premises is not to exceed the number of people that beds are provided for and the booking made for or the bond will be forfeited.
• No additional linen or bedding is permitted
• In the event of a cancelled booking by you, (for the whole time or any part thereof ) the deposit is not refundable unless the property is rebooked for the entire period, and if successful an administration fee of $200 will be charged. When within 2 months the full amount is forefeited unless the property is rebooked for the entire period, and if successful an administration fee of $200 will be charged. Should you advise us that you wish to shorten your stay on, before, or after your arrival, full payment before arrival is still required until we can rebook that time. Any monies will then be refunded. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance.
• With telephone, internet and postal bookings, the description of the premises is made in good faith but no responsibility for miss-description can be accepted.
• In the event that any appliance breaks down every reasonable endeavour will be made to repair, replace or hire an alternative. The agent or owner accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience.
• Wanggulay has limited access to tradespersons and your patience is sought should this occur.
• Furniture should not be moved.
• No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises.
• All bed and bathroom linen and beach and pool towels are provided If guests require a change of linen on a short stay of less than 7 days or periodic cleaning during their stay an extra charge will apply.
• Pets are not allowed on or about the premises unless by prior permission.
• No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers. By-laws must be adhered to.
• One car can be parked off street and several cars on street, there are no parking charges
У этого хозяина 6 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
My name is Belinda. We built Wanggulay in 2003. I have lived overseas for many years and Wanggulay is our spectacular home in Australia. I am a Nutritionist and lifestyle consultant and love food. I recently wrote the Cairns and Wanggulay Guide which contains a comprehensive food section detailing my favourite markets,restaurants and cafes. I have two daughters and they wrote the kids section in the Wanggulay guide too. The eBook copy of the guide is yours when you make an enquiry. I would love to show you our home, perhaps you have already seen it on Australian Lifestyle television or Queensland Weekender.