Relaxed + modern one bedroom basement apt. Bright + spacious with a handmade Portland touch. Comfortable for two, it's a great home-base for the traveller wanting to explore PDX! Located in charming Woodlawn neighborhood. Near the park, bars and bus lines.
Handmade by us! We're a craftsman and an interior designer who are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
Stay in this remodeled basement where every detail was thought, planned and carefully constructed. We value high-end, conscious design. Our motto is maintain, reclaim and sustain. All of the exposed wood was salvaged from this 100 year old home! We love our house and hope that you do too.
It's a great, peaceful place to crash at the end of the day.
A plush queen sized bed, a huge doorless walk-in bathroom (ie. divided by a wall), glass walk-in shower and a tiny but efficient kitchen were top priorities when we made this place. The kitchen has dishwasher/fridge/oven stocked with all the pots/pans and plates to make a nice meal at home.
Its always a shifting art-installation, so don't be surprised if the art in the listing photos change. We like to collect art and objects during our travels.
Guest Entrance: You have your own private entrance through the home's backyard and shared landing.
Parking: It's always easy to find a spot with free on-street parking.
Общение с гостями
We live upstairs in the host home but respect travelers privacy. Knock on our door if you want a good recommendation for a beer or outing. Otherwise, we're pretty much hands-off hosts.
Also, expect to run into Chloe, our neighbor's cat who was "gifted" to us when they moved, during your stay. She loves being in our backyard and getting attention from guests but we NEVER let her into the apartment. We are very respectful of guests who may have allergies.
We built this space with our hands. We expect you to feel at home and to treat our place with respect and care. We follow these rules and ask that you do the same.
- NO SMOKING. Smoking is not permitted inside. If you smoke outside, dispose of your butts in the outside trash and not our yard.
- NO PETS. Sorry, no pets allowed. If you like animals, you can always say hi to our neighbors' cat, Chloe, who likes to hang in our backyard. At this point, we have more of shared custody, since Chloe is always here.
- NO SHOES. Portland is a wet, muddy, fun city. We keep a shoe-free home, so please remove your shoes when in the apartment.
- CONSERVE ELECTRICITY. We want to be as low-impact as possible, so please conserve energy by turning off the lights when you go out.
- LOCK DOORS & WINDOWS. Please make sure the doors and windows are locked when you leave the house.
- HOUSEKEEPING. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily housekeeping is not. When your done with your stay used sheets and towels can just be placed in front of the washer in in one of the bins.
- PROPERTY. All the belongings in the unit are our tokens of travel and fun memories. We clean the apartment after each guest leaves - but if any items are missing or damaged after your stay, you will lose your deposit.
- NO PARTIES. We live in the main house of our Airbnb rental. We wont be banging around on the drums or keeping you up late with shenanigans. Portland has plenty of places to cause shenanigans, home shouldn't be one of them.
If issues or questions arise during your stay please notify us immediately so that we can address issues as soon as possible. We want to make sure you have a great stay.
*** House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.