Об этом жилье
Enjoy your Philadelphia visit in my beautiful home with access to all common areas. Comfortable queen-size bed sleeps up to 2 people and the room comes equipped with a desk & chair, mini-fridge, and coffee maker for your comfort and convenience. Plenty of storage room in the closet and large dresser. Access to all common areas (kitchen, living rooms, etc.), WiFi + cable TV (including HBO's premium channels) included.
Relax in a large, quiet, and comfortable bedroom that sleeps up to 2 in my beautiful West Philly home. Window air conditioner unit + ceiling fan to keep you cool in the summer and central gas heat throughout the house + a small space heater and down comforter for the chilly winter nights. Plenty of unlimited and free street parking and within walking distance to/from all major public transportation. Within biking distance to UPenn and Drexel.
Access to all common areas such as the kitchen, living room, TV room, enclosed front porch, and small back yard. Some of the amenities include:
* Cable TV (including HBO) & WiFi throughout the house.
* Fully equipped gourmet kitchen (access to all appliances, including dishwasher, large fridge, utensils, and cookbooks at your disposal).
* Make yourself at home and comfortable but please be sure to clean up after yourself as this is not a hotel. I do charge a small cleaning fee at the end of your trip but there is no cleaning service during your stay. If you're looking for a full-service resort I suggest you visit your favorite establishment.
* I provide fresh bed linens and towels but be sure to bring your own toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc).
* For extended stays or in case you need it, laundry (washer & dryer) is located in the basement and there is a clothes iron in your room.
* My office/Middle Room #2 is off limits to guess.
Общение с гостями
I play well with others and alone so I'm flexible in that regard. Or, I may not be present at all during your stay depending on my schedule. Feel free to ask me (almost) anything and hopefully I will be able to point you in the right direction. The best/most reliable way to reach me is directly through AirBnB. However, in my absence, I will make an agent/representative available to assist you.
Другие важные подробности
Housing Inspection License # 619958
Recycling and Trash Day: Wednesday (leave bag + blue recycling bin on the curb outside)
Allergy alert: I have an adorable kitten named Jezebel. She's very sweet, curious, and friendly but also a bit sassy so be careful because she's not declawed. *** Currently away at cat-camp ***
(1) No smoking inside.
(2) Please take your shoes off.
(3) No drugs/illegal substances of any kind.
(4) No additional unauthorized visitors/guests.
(5) Remember to clean up after yourself: dishes, bathroom, etc.
(6) Please, no loud music/talking after midnight in order to remain respectful of my neighbors and the community.
(7) There is a window air conditioner unit in your room to keep yourself cool in the summer but please remember to turn it off when not in use. Same with the space heater in the winter. I'm a tree hugging hippie at heart but had to get a 'real/grown-up' job in order to support myself. Consequently, I'm a big fan of conservation and would appreciate it if you turned off the lights, TV, etc. when not in use. Planet Earth and I both thank you!
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 5 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем всю сумму бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 5 дней до поездки, то мы вернем 50% стоимости всех ночей бронирования, кроме первой. Стоимость первой ночи не возращается.
У этого хозяина 6 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Hello Fellow Travelers, Wonderers [no, that's not a typo], and Visitors!
Welcome to Philadelphia: the city of brotherly love & sisterly affection as well as America's 1st UNESCO World Heritage City. I typically work long hours so we may not have a chance to chat much. However, make yourselves comfortable and enjoy your stay. My home is LGBT-friendly and I welcome diversity in all of its forms as long as you respect all of the house rules. I'm adventurous, outgoing, and well-traveled: I've lived in Panama, United States, South Africa, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, and I speak English, Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian (most south-Slavic languages) and understand basic/conversational Spanish. I love good food, good company, and good conversations. However, I also sometimes need time alone to focus and can become introverted if/when I have a lot of work, family obligations, or pending deadlines.
When I'm not working I enjoy reading, running, hiking, levitating ;-), attending music festivals, camping & being in nature, and traveling. Some of my favorite cities (other than Philly) include Cape Town, Prague, Florence, East Berlin, and Singapore while some of my favorite beaches (other than those located along the Adriatic Sea) can be found in St. Croix, Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Turks & Caicos, and Ios (the island, not the iPhone operating system). I love Thai and Indian Food and enjoy cooking when I have time. I prefer to spend my time doing something rather than watching TV but I do enjoy screening thought provoking independent films and documentaries followed by discussion. I love to read and often listen to audio books so I'm usually delving into various topics ranging from history and politics (more Chomsky + Zinn, please!!!) to Sci-Fi. One of my favorite books is Sophie's World while a couple of my favorite movies, based on books, of course, are The Adjustment Bureau and A Scanner Darkly (I'm a HUGE fan of Philip K. Dick). When it comes to music I have eclectic taste: from American Rock to EDM and everything in between. I LOVE Goldfish (the band...I've never had fish as pets so no comment as to how they taste o.O). Some of my favorite artists include AraabMuzik, Београдски Синдикат, Coldplay, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Dubioza Kolektiv, Who See, Wax Tailor, and Thievery Corporation and I support Philly's local DJs and musicians such as DJ Everyday and the West Philadelphia Orchestra. Lastly, I'm a sucker for old school arcade games but please don't tell my multiple bosses that I've been playing Lemmings this whole time!
As you will see, I keep my home very tidy and appreciate your cooperation in respecting my space while enjoying your stay. Feel free to make use of all the common areas including the kitchen and living rooms: WiFi available throughout the house plus Cable TV including HBO's premium channels. As a guest, I am punctual yet flexible and respectful of other people, cultures, and customs while traveling. I did get detained in Malaysia once but that was just a misunderstanding.
Looking forward to meeting you!
"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." ~ Aldous Huxley
“You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” ~ John Kabat Zinn
P.S. When iWas little all iWanted was a Pogo Stick! But iHad to $ettl€ for a bodyboard...