Private room located on a quiet cul de sac in Burlington's historic Hill Section, just a 10 minute walk to Church Street shopping, restaurants, the Flynn Performing Arts Center and the Roxy movie theater.
Champlain College (0.1 mile) and UVM (0.4 mile) are easy walking distance.
Enjoy a gourmet kitchen, big yard & gardens! Safe on-street parking.
Private room in a charming historic home - Just a 10 minute walk to Church Street - teeming with restaurants, the Flynn and Roxy theaters, and great shopping. Around the corner from Champlain College and UVM. Quiet cul de sac location with plenty of safe street parking. Spacious 3rd floor bedroom, with desk and reading chair. Double bed.
Private bath (located on the 2nd floor)
Guests are welcome to relax in the living room and kitchen, and in the peaceful garden/back yard. We have a couple of bikes to lend to explore Burlington and its beautiful bike path!
Общение с гостями
We are a UVM professor and an Institutional Research Director. We've raised 3 daughters, know the area well, and love to make recommendations to explore Burlington and the surrounding areas.
Hosts are conversant in French.
Fun things to do in Burlington!
- the Burlington Bike path is great. It's a 5 minute downhill ride to the waterfront - then options are to ride a mile to scenic North Beach or 3 miles north to the mouth of the Winooski river to visit Charlie's Boat House where you can rent kayaks and canoes or a bit further to ride onto causeway of Lake Champlain
- the ECHO center at the waterfront (best for a rainy day)
- Shelburne Farms is lovely. Catch a tractor ride out to see farm animals and learn how cheese is made.
- Church Street - pedestrian way with many shops and restaurants
- Vermont Lake Monsters game - minor league baseball downtown
- Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury
- a bike ride to Ethan Allen Homestead. Call to make sure that the house is open it's a neat log cabin built by one of Burlington's earliest settlers.
-Blueberry picking at Adam's Organic Berry farm in the Intervale or Owl's Head Farm in Richmond.
- Hike up Mt. Philo for a kids' hike. A big hike is Camel's Hump.
- more sandy public beaches are Leddy and the larger (complete with snackstand) North Beach
-ferry boat rides - there are meal cruises, and also you can take your bikes and go across to Ausable Chasm in NY state
Saturday Farmer's Market Downtown, City Market Coop
Try out some restaurants...
- Bluebird BBQ, Farmhouse Tap and Grill, Hen of the Wood - Locavore heaven
- Pho Hong - Excellent Vietnamese
- Asiana House - good Japanese/Pan-Asian food
- American Flatbread - excellent pizza and atmosphere
- Pennycluse Cafe or Leunig's - downtown breakfast/brunch spots
- Sherpa Kitchen - authentic and affordable Himalayan fare
Другие важные подробности
We have a small, friendly, and hypoallergetic dog - a terrier named Bailey.
No smoking or pets, please. We live in a peaceful, family-friendly area of Burlington, and need guests to be reasonably quiet. Thank you!
We are easy going travelers - husband teaches history at UVM, and I'm a Senior Research and Policy Analyst for higher education in Vermont. We enjoy outdoor activities, exploring local culture, and restaurants.