Originally a farmhouse, from 1645. It has been recently renovated (2007) keeping its original structure with stone floors, wooden beams and a huge fire place! It lies on a hilltop and is surrounded by a vineyard and olives, enjoying stunning views
Valpiana, was originally a farmhouse and it dates back in our family to 1645. It has been recently renovated keeping its original structure and great Tuscan atmosphere. It lies on a plateau at 470 mt of altitude and is surrounded by a vineyard and olive grooves, enjoying stunning views on each side, in a very unspoiled environment. Valpiana is the largest house of our estate and is surrounded by a beautiful vineyard in the Chianti Rufina region. It lies at 400 mts on sea level, 3 kilometers from the pretty village of Londa, 32 km from Florence . The house enjoys stunning views from all the windows looking either on the front garden with cypress trees, according to the most typical Tuscan tradition, or on the spectacular 6 acres vineyard.
On the ground floor is the entrance hall with its original stone floor, the a cozy large dining room/kitchen, a big living room with its spectacular huge FIRE PLACE, a bedroom for one person and a bathroom with toilet. Upstairs are all the 6 bedrooms, very spacious and light full and 2 other bathrooms with toilets that are modern and functional. All the rooms have their original wooden ceilings while the floors have partly been renovated, using the original material, Terracotta. Three sleeping rooms have double beds, and there is an option to connect 2 single beds in case four double beds are desired. The house Valpiana is very nicely decorated with original and antique furniture from the area and family heirlooms,in genuine Tuscan style, with particular care to the comfort!
The house is surrounded by the very big and well cared, fenced garden provided with outside furniture, barbecue, swing and the private pool (7 meter of diameter)
Valpiana is a typical old Tuscan farmhouse . It is very spacious (around 250 sq/m on two floors. From the large entrance hall still boasting the original stone floor, you enter the kitchen , the sitting room and the dining room. A stone staircase leads upstairs to a beautiful airy room which gives access to the six bedrooms and the bathrooms.
The big garden, private and well maintained is equipped with garden furniture and a barbecue and it offers a parking space for at least 4 cars.
The pool is open from half May, until third week of September.
Valpiana is ideal for family and friends gatherings, being very spacious inside and enjoying a large manicured garden outside with rosemary, lavender, lilac and all sorts of herbs and flowers, which are the special care and pride of the owner’s daughter-in-law whose family lives in the converted barn beside Valpiana.
Общение с гостями
We live on site, and can provide you with tips; For trips and city breaks.
Другие важные подробности
The Rental price is including 1 x bed linen set and shower towel set per person per stay, the use of water; gas use and final cleaning. In the municipality of Londa, it is obligatory to separate waste. During the stay in Valpiana, guests are obligated to separate their waste.
There is WIFI in the house and in a part of the garden.
Not included are: tourist taxes, electricity, firewood or pellets and the housing of pets. These costs are paid at the location:
• Tourist tax: for up to 6 people and only the first 6 days. The tax is € 1.00 per person. No charge for children under 16 years old.
• Electricity, paid after consumption (€ 0.35 per KW).
• Firewood or wood pellets: Guests can buy on site, or buy it themselves in a shop.
• Pets are welcome in consultation, € 25, - per dog, per week, maximum 4 dogs in the accommodation (the fence is not completely a 100% closed for very little dogs, like chihuahua's).
• The house, garden and swimming pool does not have to be shared with other guests!
• Child friendly place! There is everything for babies and toddlers. Toddler chair, wooden cot, microwave for warming meals / milk, baby bath, etc .. Upon request we can put all kinds of baby and toddler supplies, stairs can be closed with gates.
• Water service: guests do not pay for water consumption. The house is affiliated with the service of 'publi acqua' and thus the water is drinkable. We expect our guests not to waste the precious water.
• At Valpiana there is a private road of 500 meters length, non paved, this is untouched, the maximum speed is 20 km per hour.
• Tents, caravans or other camping equipment in the area of Valpiana are not allowed.
• Unlisted guests in the Valpiana area and house are not allowed.
• Extra unannounced pets on the premises of Valpiana are not allowed.
• Groups with wheelchair users or disabled persons are welcome. Please arrange with us beforehand.
Extra service (on request and against payment):
• A professional wine tasting on site,
• Breakfast items in the house case you arrive late,
• Large bath towels,
• Linen replacement for longer stay.
Our goal is that guests feel at home, become relaxed and can enjoy their precious free time in a beautiful environment.
Guests can expect from us HONESTY and RESPECT, we like the same in return!
we are Nanette and Tommaso the hosts of Valpiana. With gratitude and entouisiam we live as well in this unspoild, peaceful green area. We are a farmer family, with two children, who produce wines and olive oil in an organic way and we take care of the holiday villa and the beautiful surroundings. (Nanette is the joker with green fingers and Tommaso is the wine- and olive oil specialist) Taking care of an important moment in people's life, like the holiday period is, gives us a lot positive inspiration and it is great to see how relaxed and happy guests enjoy their time over here.
If you want we can tell all about wine, olive oil, Tuscan kitchen, the flora and the fauna, the many (city) visits that you can do or inform you about local activities. Our guests can always come with questions!.
Please come all, you will like it and we will be happy to welcome you here.
Un caro saluto a tutti
Nanette e Tommaso