Hi Olivia, thanks for your feedback. I am pretty disappointed in the content of your review and think it incredibly unfair and inaccurate. The reasons I think this are as follows:
1) You originally booked for 5 nights but ended up staying for a few weeks making repeated unprompted extensions. I do not think you would have done this if the situation you describe in your review was present throughout your stay.. To be specific your check in date was the 26th of March, you made several short extensions for a few days at a time, and first sent a message regarding a mosquito on the 9th of April before your check out on the 11th.
2) It is stated in the listing very clearly there is no aircon but a ceiling fan, electric cooler, and river breeze to keep the property cool at the time of your booking. All of the properties in the building have an identical set up and have been happily tenanted and lived in for many years.
3) At certain times of the year and due to certain rare weather conditions (such as heavy rain followed by a hot period) In a temperate climate like Brisbane, if you leave all the lights on at night, open all the windows and doors wide open i'm afraid a few mosquitoes will come in. Brisbane residents are used to this and accordingly use repellents etc to deal with the problem. Other than these options I am unsure what you wanted me to do to resolve the issue for you. Airbnb agreed this was out of my control when they contacted me.
4) The Management team who help me with the property are based in Brisbane not Sydney. They and myself did our best to help you but we found the language barrier made it impossible to communicate over the phone and you did not seem to understand our messages or suggestions. I think because you could not understand what we were saying you have made an assumption that I did not want to help which was definitely not the case and actually very unfair. Perhaps you found Airbnb helpful as they put you through to a Chinese call centre and you could communicate as they seemed to make identical suggestions to myself.
5) Once we were contacted by Airbnb, which was the day before your check out after you had stayed a few weeks, they then properly explained your issue. We did allow you to check out 1 day early and refunded this last night. We did this even though Airbnb made it very clear to me I did not have to refund you as the situation was not deemed something I could reasonably do anything about.
I am pleased to say many others have stayed in the property and clearly their reviews point to a much happier mosquito free experience which I think is much more the norm.