The price shown is for 2 people and includes a delicious breakfast!
You will always be the only guests staying :-) and you have access to the kitchen facilities.
Explore this unspoilt part of southern France: mountains & sea, hiking, birding & cycling, Cathar castles & abbeys, Canal du Midi, clean beaches. Or just chill on the deck and watch the eagles!
Please read "The space" section below for details on the accommodation...
Guest accommodation and amenities:
• 2 comfortable guest rooms (1 room has a king bed, 1 room has twin beds which can be made up as a super-king)
• Private guest bathroom
• Guest lounge / dining area and large wooden terrace with deck chairs
• Your group will always have EXCLUSIVE use of all guest amenities
• Free WIFI, hot drinks, fresh fruit and biscuits
• Evening meals and picnics available by arrangement
La Rassada eco B&B homestay is a stylishly converted stone barn. The guest suite consists of 2 guest bedrooms and a private guest bathroom on the ground floor. Your host lives & works upstairs. Kitchen, dining and lounge are all shared with host, but you can be as independent as you like.
A delicious breakfast (made from local and organic produce) is included in the room rate.
Walk the hills, cycle the backroads, visit the abbeys and Cathar castles, laze away on our lovely beaches or just chill out on the terrace with a glass of local wine and watch the eagles soaring above!
N.B. Minimum stay is 5 nights.
• DISCOUNTS for groups of 4 people for 5+ nights - send an enquiry and I will make a special offer.
What is an eco-B&B?
La Rassada is an eco-friendly property built using healthy, natural materials (hemp insulation, lime render, eco-paints, etc.), which are healthier for residents & guests but also for the planet!
There is solar hot water and indirect solar heating and all our cleaning products + guest shampoo, shower gel and soap are eco-friendly => kinder on the skin and on the environment). We compost organic kitchen waste and recycle just about everything!
Fabulous safely-filtered spring water comes straight from the tap and is later recycled in a reed-bed system and fed back into the stream. Meals are made wherever possible with local and/or organic produce.
So you can come here on holiday and know that your holiday will have a LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT... But being "eco" definitely does NOT mean we compromise on comfort!!!
The entire ground floor is guest space! You have full access to the open plan lounge and dining area, as well as to the large wooden deck, equipped with a huge shade sail in the summer and where meals are served whenever possible.
Space can be made available in the fridge so that you can prepare simple, light meals in the evening.
Общение с гостями
Hosting a B&B means I get to have breakfast with my lovely guests, which allows me to find out what your interests are and help you with your plans for the day.
Evening meals are also available on request.
Другие важные подробности
Here are 10 great reasons for coming to stay at La Rassada:
1) Your group/family will always be the only guests.
2) The quiet rural setting has panoramic views.
3) The great outdoors... We specialise in hosting birding and walking holidays and can tailor these to suit your interests and your budget.
Plus spring wild flowers, cycling and mountain biking, wind and kite-surfing, rock-climbing and so much more…
4) Visit the spectacular Cathar castles (see photos), Cistercian abbeys, the medieval city of Carcassonne, the Canal du Midi, Perpignan and lots of interesting Languedoc villages.
5) Visit the local organic winemakers (on foot!) and taste their delicious wines...
6) The nearby Mediterranean beaches at Leucate and La Franqui are clean and uncrowded.
7) Relax on the large wooden terrace, enjoy the panoramic views and watch the eagles!
8) With 300 days of sunshine a year, La Rassada is a great place for a short break or a longer holiday, … all year round!
9) Eco-Friendly : reduce your carbon footprint!
10) We are happy to share our extensive local knowledge and experience to help you have a better holiday!
Unfortunately the property is NOT suitable for toddlers and very young children up to 5/6 years old (we can & do accept babies!)
Avoid the traffic! Start your stay any day of the week (unlike most holiday rentals which are Saturday to Saturday only).
We are very sorry but various hazards around the property mean that it is NOT suitable for very small children (toddlers up to 5/6 years old). Babies however, are welcome and we can borrow a folding travel cot if you don't have one (please let us know in advance!).
Dogs are allowed by prior arrangement (there is a small fee).
There is a strict no smoking inside policy ;-)
I'm an active late 50's, with a passion for the outdoors and nature.
Friendly and outgoing, I love sharing this beautiful area with other nature lovers, helping people make the most of their holidays by providing local advice and maps.
Converting my lovely old barn into a modern home using eco-friendly construction and design was a lot of fun as well as challenging - but I get such pleasure out of knowing that whilst modern and comfortable, La Rassada's environmental impact is much reduced. That doesn't mean I don't like my creature comforts - although I have never got around to getting a TV!!!
Born and brought up in the UK, I also lived in Paris and New Zealand before ending up in the tranquil village of Feuilla, near the Languedoc coast, in the South of France. I also have a small base in the north of England.
I have been lucky to travel extensively in and around Europe, the US, South America and more recently southern Africa... and particularly enjoy meeting other people who have travelled!